RepackboxSnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My first from Accurate Molds !

If you take a closer look at the price page on the accuratemolds.com website, you will see that the price for my custom molds includes sales tax where applicable, as well as shipping.

Boolit Master
    Considering that you get to spec the moulds as you desire these custom moulds are not pricey at all in my opinion ! Prices for Tom's work is the same as NOE, BRP, MiHec. All four give a great product at reasonable cost ! I buy from all of them and am very pleased with the results!

One of the benefits of Accurate Molds is that you can a single custom mould to your own specs in about a week or so ! You do NOT have to rely on a Group Buy !!! This alone is worth a few dollars in headache medicine or tequila ! No stress !

A 2-cavity aluminum mould is $86.00 SHIPPED !

http://www.accuratemolds.com/

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post
    If you take a closer look at the price page on the accuratemolds.com website, you will see that the price for my custom molds includes sales tax where applicable, as well as shipping.
    My new friend...

Why RCBS handles?

RCBS or Lee 6 cav type, or any others that fit in a 5/16" slot..... You want they should be something else??

Boolit Master

I cant believe my eyes!!! Is that a redesign of the old "thumper" wad cutter that molds were cut for the .38/.357??? I've always wanted one of those...
    JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

GOA and FPC have done more in the last decade than your NRA has done in it's entire existence... Support the ones that actually do something for you.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAM View Post
    RCBS or Lee 6 cav type, or any others that fit in a 5/16" slot..... You want they should be something else??
    5/16" slot and single pin/screw/bolt --- that is the most common set up out there --- only a few will want something different --- suggest you politely decline such requests --- don't want to wear out the new guy who is doing great so far and make him grouchy and grumpy like MM --- (No insult intended to MM --- just he has been worn out and worn over by crazy custom requests and although I don't blame him it does make it a little harder to work with him as a cust)

Awesome mould! It reminds me of the old Modern Bond wadcutters.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by alamogunr View Post
    All these molds confirm that we live in the Golden Age of Boolet Casting.

John
    W.TN
    Also the number of mold makers we have access to,
    Heck some of us even have them made for us in Europe
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tommygirlMT View Post
    5/16" slot and single pin/screw/bolt --- that is the most common set up out there --- only a few will want something different --- suggest you politely decline such requests --- don't want to wear out the new guy who is doing great so far and make him grouchy and grumpy like MM --- (No insult intended to MM --- just he has been worn out and worn over by crazy custom requests and although I don't blame him it does make it a little harder to work with him as a cust)
    I agree
    I haven't been castin to very long but I have seen some of what you say
    why rec a good thing :takinWiz:
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GLL View Post
    Considering that you get to spec the moulds as you desire these custom moulds are not pricey at all in my opinion ! Prices for Tom's work is the same as NOE, BRP, MiHec. All four give a great product at reasonable cost ! I buy from all of them and am very pleased with the results!

One of the benefits of Accurate Molds is that you can a single custom mould to your own specs in about a week or so ! You do NOT have to rely on a Group Buy !!! This alone is worth a few dollars in headache medicine or tequila ! No stress !

A 2-cavity aluminum mould is $86.00 SHIPPED !

http://www.accuratemolds.com/

Jerry
    Indeed,,,my first too,,,
    Dave

Boolit Master

Assuming pistol cavities (shorter than half the height of the block, such as those on GLL's pics in post #1), do you think there is enough meat on the bottom of these moulds for Erik to do a Cramer-HP conversion?
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.

All my mold blocks are 1.48" tall, and it would be easy to offer taller blocks upon request if there's sufficient demand.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeMineA10mm View Post
    Assuming pistol cavities (shorter than half the height of the block, such as those on GLL's pics in post #1), do you think there is enough meat on the bottom of these moulds for Erik to do a Cramer-HP conversion?
    Although only Erik (www.hollowpointmold.com) could say for sure I see no reason why not looking at my mold from Tom; just as much meat on the bottom if not more then a Lyman, RCBS, or Mountain mold all of which Erik has done Cramer-HP conversions for. Even if for some reason (maybe some of the longer boolit lengths) there wasn't room Erik could still probably make his new inset bar system (really nice) work since he doesn't need near as much clearance for that set-up.

Banned

I too like brass moulds. This one is from OWBM.

Boolit Master
    Blammer:

I designed mine around the Group Buy you ran ! I wanted slightly wider bands. This resulted in a slightly heavier bullet though.

Jerry
    S&W .38/44 Outdoorsman Accumulator

Banned

Good deal!

Moderator Emeritus

two days ago, I finally got around to casting with the 41 WC button nose in 190 gr. Mold I got from Accurate Molds (see photo in post #15). The alloy I used was 50/50 WW/soft. They dropped easily from the mold with just a light tap and right at .412 just as I spec'd in my order to Tom...Thanks Tom.

I am Lube-sizing them right now.
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

I ordered my first mold from Tom 3 days ago, and I should have it within 2 weeks. That sure kicks the snot out of 6+ months for a group buy. Next month I will see if Tom can make a flat point version of lyman's 311465, my old single cavity mold is just too slow.

Boolit Grand Master
    tom is real good at keeping his delivery times
    you are gunna like his mold
    he is becoming a habit with me
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master in Heaven's Range onesonek's Avatar
    Just ordered another
    Dave