WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackbox
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: Think I got a good deal!!!!!!

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range GARCIA's Avatar

Think I got a good deal!!!!!!

Picked up a Ruger Redhawk in 357mag today along with a Belgium Browning Model 380. Guy tossed in a hundred rounds of white box 45acp for $600.

The Redhawk shows barely nothing for use as there does not even appear to be markings on the recoil shield or on the cylinder.

What say yee all? Good or Bad deal?

Tom
    Last edited by GARCIA; 01-11-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    I'd have to do some research to confirm it a good deal dollars wise but, I would have done the same as you. Is the Browning as nice as it looks in the picture?

Actually it looks a lot better. Wanting to get rid of it to recoup some of my money expendature.

Boolit Grand Master
    You did VERY WELL. That Browning Grande Modele would be very hard for me to turn loose of. I'm not able to pay you what it's worth, either. Expletives deleted.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy
    After doing some research I have to say you did very well too. Don't know if I could stand it but, how much do you want out of the Browning?
    Walt

Want a Ruger SA in 41mag or 45 LC. Would prefer either a 4 5/8" or 5 1/2" barrel. Blue or stainless.

First "I will take it can have it for a swap mentioned above or $350 cash". Seems to be fair.

Don't know squat about shipping but guess we can fiqure it out.

Can post other pictures for those interested.

Tom

Deal

Dang but that Browning went fast. Pick up $350 for it today here in Georgia.

Off to the gun shop to buy something else I guess!!!!

Now the price of the Redhawk is really looking good!!!!!

Tom

That Ruger is the strongest .357 on the planet. Rare too.

You did good.
    1. Treat every firearm as if it were loaded.
    2. Never point a firearm at anything you do not intend to shoot.
    3. Keep the finger off the trigger and firearm on safe until ready to shoot.
    4. Know the target and what's beyond it.

Boolit Buddy
    Looks to me that the Red Hawk has Herrett's Jordan grips attached. They go now for $100.00

Funny story about those grips.

Bought one set for another Redhawk and did not have the cylindrical spacer that fits inside the frame. Did not even know about it. Well fired off about 10 rounds of heavy ammo and the grips started to splinter. Called Harretts and they explained to me the problem. They promised me a new set of grips if I would get the spacer. They wanted me to be a happy customer. Did as I was aked and got the new set of grips. Repaired the old grips with some Acraglass and super light fiberglass tape.

Guess I am an idiot in some sense. Had the grips but needed another gun to put them on!!!!

Tom

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GARCIA View Post
    Guess I am an idiot in some sense. Had the grips but needed another gun to put them on!!!!
    Don't feel all alone on that score. That's not idiocy--it's an EPIPHANY.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Bub
    I know nothing about the browning but 600 bucks for a .357 mag redhawk is a decent price. I know becouse I have been shopping for one.

Their scarcity pushes there price close to that of used s&w N frames is .357 mag. Having the strongest .357 mag revolver would be cool though. Let us know how it shoots.

The continuing saga

Sold a scope that was collecting dust: Money went to NOE for a mold
    Bought another Ruger Redhawk, this time in 41mag for $520
    Guy who I buy the ruger tosses in 400 "J" bullets, 250 new cases and a Bianchi shoulder holster.
    Traded a dillon shell plate for a .410 sizing die
    Sold some AP bullets that I had on the board for sale. Bought a "as new" Leupold 4x scope.
    Got another guy maybe buying some deer stands from me. Gotten to old and fat to be climbing up in trees. Up some more money just going to spend part of it on needed rings for the Redhawk.
    FFL transfer $25
    Ordered another set of Herret grips. $106

So far my total out of pocket expenses has run $306.
    Came to realize I am a damn pack rat and that I can not keep all the junk that I have.

When will the madness end!!!

Tom