Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky

Thread: 10mm loads - maximum display

10mm loads - maximum display

OK, I'm looking for some first hand experience on 10mm loads.

I'm looking for a powder that gives maximum flash and concussion for a 10mm.

Bizarre request I know, as people are usually looking for the oposite end of the spectrum.

I am also starting to load my 10mm as well, here is a good link for some heavy load 10mm Glock info
    http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/show....php?t=1258873

Jason
    Last edited by donjose; 10-21-2010 at 04:30 PM.

Boolit Master
    Blue Dot delivers a bright blue/white flash with decent concussion and Power Pistol throws a pointed white/yellow flash with a sharper concussion. They're both "wow" loads and are fun for that purpose. Basically any powder that's still burning when the bullet exits the barrel will produce a sweet flash.

Blue Dot:
    -big, sloppy, blue/white flame
    -more of a bassy "boooom"

Power Pistol:
    -slightly smaller, more crisp, yellow/white/orange flame
    -impressive "bang"

See video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0Tb6PwWV4

On the other end of the spectrum, AA#7 seems to have the least muzzle flash for comparable slower-burning powders with max velocity.

Boolit Grand Master
    Muzzle flash does not come from unconsumed powder that's "still burning." It's the gasses that flash.

Should powder still be burning and not converted to its gaseous state, it would look like streaks. Muzzle flash looks like a gas cloud that's ignited because that's exactly what it is. Pistol powder of this burn speed is virtually completely consumed when the bullet exits the muzzle, in terms of it converting from the solid powder state to a gas.

Second the Power Pistol. Extra blasty, and makes average loads seem more powerful than they are.

One reason I'm not as enamored of it as some others are.

Maybe some "Loudshot" (er, Longshot). It got that nickname fer some reason.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

A light bullet and lots of AA#7 will light a room up quite nicely.
    “If your only tool is a hammer, then all your problems start to look like people who need to be beaten with a hammer.”

Boolit Master
    Producing extreme blast and flash has never been a goal of mine. For full tilt loads in 10mm in a glock 20 800x has been my go to powder. On the down side the **** meters like gravel. A really good bullet is the 200 xtp hornady.

Ebner

Boolit Bub
    I've shot a lot of longshot from 4" .40 s&w guns and it's loud but not crazy. louder than Clays my usual practice powder. I wonder how much velocity I'm giving up to the 10mm with 180 gr projectiles.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by thegreatdane View Post
    Blue Dot delivers a bright blue/white flash with decent concussion and Power Pistol throws a pointed white/yellow flash with a sharper concussion. They're both "wow" loads and are fun for that purpose. Basically any powder that's still burning when the bullet exits the barrel will produce a sweet flash.

Blue Dot:
    -big, sloppy, blue/white flame
    -more of a bassy "boooom"

Power Pistol:
    -slightly smaller, more crisp, yellow/white/orange flame
    -impressive "bang"

See video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF0Tb6PwWV4

On the other end of the spectrum, AA#7 seems to have the least muzzle flash for comparable slower-burning powders with max velocity.
    Great advice. Covers it completely. Blue dot is what you seek.
    Group Buy Honcho for: 9x135 Slippery, 45x200 Target (H&G68), 45x230 Gov't Profile, 44x265 Keith

E-mail or PM me if you have one of the following commemorative Glocks you'd like to sell: FBI 100yr, Bell Helo, FOP Lodge1, Kiowa Warrior, SCI, and any new/unknown-to-me commemoratives.