RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataSnyders JerkyWidenersTitan Reloading
Repackbox Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Would you recommend a CZ97B?

Boolit Master
    I am with Mike on the Ruger P90. I had one and hated it. Only owned it about a month before it was sold to fund my Delta Elite.

But, I do like the XD's I have shot. I gotta think an XDm in 45 ACP is in my future. And if I can find funds and a smith, it might become a 10mm.

Mike, I will PM you later when I am near my load data. In addition, my full-size jammed regularly during the first 200-300 rounds. During that time I polished the heck outta the feed ramp, replaced the factory recoil spring with a 22lb wolf spring, added +15 Wolf mag springs, and started storing all the mags loaded full with 15 rounds. Since then I have had no issues. and am over 2000 rounds now.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by mike in co View Post
    and if you like the cz style...consider an eaa witness in 45acp....sorta like a cz75 on steroids.

mike in co
    EAA witness are made in Italy by Tanfoglio, EAA has some CS issues here in the states but the guns from what I hear are top notch, Henning Wallgren who lives in Longmont and shoots them professionally sales parts for them
    http://henningshootsguns.com/

I am looking at purchasing a witness match in 40S&W

Moderator Emeritus

EAA's have polygonal rifling, which doesn't bode well for lead boolits.
    Give us this day our daily lead.

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

If you don't want 1984 you're going to need some 1776.
    WWGWD

I have roughly a dozen EAA Witnesses and none of them have polygonal rifling. I've got them in .22 Long Rifle, 9x19, 9x21, 9x23, 9x25 Dillon, 357 Sig, .38 Super, .40 S&W, 10mm, .41 AE and .45 acp. In some cases I've got multiple top ends and barrels, and not one of them is polygonal rifled.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Fred! My info was obviously wrong. This sheds a new light on these EAA witness pistols then. I appreciate the correction. Fred while we're at it here, can you tell me about EAA's customer service?

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Boolit Grand Master
    Fred--

You're not too fond of those Witnesses, are ya!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

9.3X62AL,

They're very versatile platforms and caliber changes are a snap. In some cases, you only need another barrel, and in others, just switch the top end and magazine. They're very ergonomical, too boot, and easy to work on.

Trey45,

I could write reams on Paul Rickert, the gunsmith (and I'm told part owner) at EAA. They're simply the importer for the Tanfoglio guns, and I've only needed to order parts from them once, but I've had two "conversations" with Paul at two different SHOT Shows. Now I won't speak to him, period. Attila the Hun could give him lessons in civility. He's so bad, other EAA employees have walked over and apologized for his behavior.

With that said, there are other people working there that aren't "Paul", and are pleasant to deal with, but like I said, I haven't needed their customer service. The guns are easy to work on, reasonably priced and durable. And there are other outlets for parts, if you need them. Reed's Guns is one and Henning is another.

When you pick up a steel frame Witness, it just fits your hand, similar to an XD from Springfield. Needless to say, I like them.

There are people who cuss them because they might get one that doesn't like a certain bullet shape or load, but would think nothing of spending over twice as much for a 1911 and then spending several more hundreds of dollars to get it to run right, and yes, I have one of those 1911's that needed all the extras to get it running correctly, plus another that didn't need anything extra.

I have no experience with any of the polymer framed Witnesses, so I can't comment on them. All of my polymer framed pistols are Springfield XD's in 9x19, 357 Sig, .40 S&W and .45 acp.

Hope this helps.

Fred

Moderator Emeritus

Fred you're a wealth of knowledge, thanks very much for the help!

Sic Semper Tyrannis.

WWGWD

Boolit Man
    +1 for the XD-45. I have the 5" Tactical. It loves cheap Lee 230 grain TC TL sized .452. Previously I would not own a "plastic" pistol. But now, I have not missed my 1911's at all since I bought my XD-45. It probably fits my hand better than handgun I have handled and shoots on par with my 1911's that cost twice as much.