MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Star accessories

Star accessories

Let's see your homebrew/homemade Star accessories! Mounts, heaters, feeders, handles...need some ideas.

My Star is on order and I plan making my own PID controlled heater base and eventually my own air feed.

I see some of you have made some really nice oak boxes with drawers to mount them on (Duke Nukem's).

Here's a bracket and Akro bin to catch the boolits:

Here's a home made shovel handle:

I also have a spring set up to hold the handle in the upright position. I can get a pic if someone wants to see it - wasn't my idea, I think I copied it from someone here.

Chris
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi Chris,
    Really like the idea of the Acro bin and bracket..... Acro bin is no problem but where did you get the bracket?

Thanx!

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx1 View Post
    Here's a bracket and Akro bin to catch the boolits:

Here's a home made shovel handle:

I also have a spring set up to hold the handle in the upright position. I can get a pic if someone wants to see it - wasn't my idea, I think I copied it from someone here.

Chris

Boolit Master
    What is the string for thats attached to the counter weight below the bench?
    Kevin

bracket is just a piece of 1/8" steel about 3/4" wide and as wide as the bin - spaced out from the bench with washers.

Yep, the string and counterweight were used to hold the handle in the upright position. I use a spring now.
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Boolit Buddy
    Thanks! Will have to give this a try..... Right now I size into a bin setting on the top of a stool.... This would be a vast improvement....

Quote Originally Posted by chrisx1 View Post
    bracket is just a piece of 1/8" steel about 3/4" wide and as wide as the bin - spaced out from the bench with washers.

Yep, the string and counterweight were used to hold the handle in the upright position. I use a spring now.