WidenersReloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2

Thread: Hornady cust serv

Boolit Master

Smile Hornady cust serv

I bought a used Pro-Jector press a wile back. Had trouble with the indexing . I sent it back to Hornady and they replaced all the parts on this press and had it back to me in 2 weeks. NO Charge..
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator

..........Can't beat that!

...............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ..........Can't beat that!

...............Buckshot
    yes you can... have it right the firet time... but when that doesn't happen, this kind of turnaround is the next best thing...

I bought some Used Hornady .300 Win Mag dies from my local shop and they were missing a small part (don't recall what now) I called and spoke with a lady in CS, I told her what I needed, she said it will be sent right out. I reiterated that these were used dies and that I expected to pay for the part. Nope, they wouldn't even talk of me paying for it, no shipping, nothing. I have always liked Hornady, and have had good service with their products, but that went above and beyond. I just wanted to toot their horn as they seem to be a very good company.

Banned

id have to say that so far hornadys customer service has been everything that rcbs and dillons is.

Nice to see.....my experience with Hornady has been the same.
    NRA Life Member

"The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed that Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation, where the Governments are afraid to trust their people with arms." - James Madison.

Boolit Master
    Most American companies could learn a lot about customer service from manufactures of reloading equipment. They all are good,some better than others.
    Old retired guy in Baton Rouge La.

I recently broke the decapping pin on y 357 size die. It was the old single piece design they had 5 years ago... All I did was inquire on the part number for a replacement part, or if I had to buy a zip spindle kit for it.
    They apologized for the problem, and are sending me a zip spindle kit for the die set. I did tell them I had this set for 5 years...
    Can't complain about that at all... I really like their dies anyway... which makes it even better...

Yep,
    I just emailed about getting some more primer cups for my old Pro-7/converted to ProJector progressive press. The primer cups that have a lip around the outside edge...I was afraid they would be lost or damaged some day and not replaceable- limiting the life of the press.

They emailed back and said they would ship a set free of charge!

Cool beans!

Boolit Bub
    Have had good dealings with them and they are as good as RCBS and Redding in the Customer Service department.

Smile

I own a LNL progressive that I started having a problem with the powder drop hanging up , and they sent the new style to me free of charge . And I don't care who you are you cannot argue with that for customer service!

Banned
    My 15 year old Apex 3.1 is the envy of all my reloading friends. It is about as close to idiot proof as any machine can be.
    The good folks at Hornady have kept my old timer running as well as the day I took it out of the carton.
    There products are as good as their folks in customer service ---- superlative !

I love my LnL. I agree Hornady CS is awesome. It is not needed as much as the blue guys so they feel like nothing is as good as theirs. TO each his own.

The fact that I don't need a degree in mechanical engineering is one reason I went red instead of blue. Someone gave me a Square Deal B in the box that was used once and came missing some parts. I printed out a parts list and decided it is best to have Dillon go over it for a fee and then I will sell it ASAP.
    Lighten up, life is too short.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 7of7 View Post
    yes you can... have it right the firet time... but when that doesn't happen, this kind of turnaround is the next best thing...
    This things been arround the block lots of times, loaded LOTS of ammo on it before this happened.
    NRA LIFER .. "THE CAST BULLET HANDLOADER IS THE ONLY ONE THAT REALLY MAKES ANY OF HIS AMMUNITION. OTHERS MEARLY ASSEMBLE IT". -E.H. HARRISON

----------------------
    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson
    ------
    "Government is not a solution to our problem, government is the problem."
    -- Ronald Reagan

Boolit Man
    I am a big fan of Hornadys CS. I was given a Projector press by my brother two weeks ago which I finally got around to checkin out the other day. It was missing several primer feed parts. Called Hornady and they picked up the tab on several of them and In the end I only had to pay $ 20 to get the machine upgraded to the LNL primer feed system.
    I cant knock the blue guys since I own one of them for my semi auto pistol calibers and It functions perfectly and has done so for over 10 years and very little maintenance.

Boolit Man

Someone you need to get with

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxah View Post
    I love my LnL. I agree Hornady CS is awesome. It is not needed as much as the blue guys so they feel like nothing is as good as theirs. TO each his own.

The fact that I don't need a degree in mechanical engineering is one reason I went red instead of blue. Someone gave me a Square Deal B in the box that was used once and came missing some parts. I printed out a parts list and decided it is best to have Dillon go over it for a fee and then I will sell it ASAP.
    In this forum Clarks359 was asking some questions about the dillon that you may want to sell. He is looking for one to purchase. It sounds like a good match.