Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load DataWidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: new RANCH DOG mold casting small boolits???

Boolit Bub
    Mine went out in the mail today, unusued.

Same for me. Can't cast anything anyway until I get a new house. Jeff did a great job and I'm sure Lee will fix their mistake.

Boolit Man
    Grand Forks, ND, USA, NA, Northern Hemisphere, Planet Earth, Milky Way

Mine just went...

I shipped mine this afternoon new and unused...Maybe we'll have them in time for deer season yet! (Fingers crossed!)

Boolit Master
    Mine went out UPS this afternoon.

Mine arrived yesterday, will go back tomorrow. Too bad this happened. I'm not worried about Lee making good on it. I figure they had a rookie on the lather.

Retired to South Carolina for the grandkids!

Mine is home. I'm on the road and gone for a while. ......... But it will be fun later on...........
    John
    Winchester ‘92s & 94s

“President JFK 20 Jan 1961: “the rights of man come not from the generosity of the state, but from the hand of God.”

"Life brings us sorrow and joy alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    You know I emailed Lee about the mould and told them it would have to come from Australia back to them and this is what they said to me:
    Mr. Hodges,

We have heard from many voices the problem with this latest batch of custom bullet molds. As soon as we get a few back for evaluation we will be able to begin sending out replacements. Due to the distance involved we don't expect you to return yours, but we will need some proof of purchase if you don't return the mold to the factory for replacement.

So i contacted Jeff and he said he was going to send a copy of my order/receipt that I paid for the mould to Jeff and send it to Pat at Lee and hopefully this will be enough for Lee to send me out a new one,I hope so for it will save me over $20 or so to send it back to Lee.
    If this happens,I'll be happy
    Cheers
    Dale
    no34570

Boolit Master

That's outstanding and a good way to do business!
    Michael

Boolit Buddy
    How about this for a surprise! Sent my mold back to LEE on 07-15, USPS priority mail and received my new mold TODAY! 07-22. Fireing up the melting pot as we speak to give her a test run.
    My enthusiasm is for naught, closer inspection of the mold they sent back reveals that it is the same mold, UNTOUCHED ! Same nose profile, same dimensions, everything. I saved some of the original cast bullets and they are a perfect fit. I'm very disappointed in my trusty and faithfull LEE. A phone call will be made Mon. morning to PAT, wanting an explanation. Hope everyone else has better luck.

Banned

Are you saying maybe they think we're all a bunch of bumpkins'?..

Sounds like maybe a lazy employee trying to get over on everybody..

Boolit Buddy
    Well, can you say eat crow, I sure can. Curiosity got the better of me, and I cast a few with the returned mold. Lo and behold, they're all dropping out at .433". Way to go LEE !!!!!!!!!!!! Guess they were able to wallow out the cavities some how. Any way I'm glad to see LEE stand by its products, even if it cost me to eat a size 12 foot sandwich. One week turnaround, not bad. Hope everyone else gets theirs just as quick!!

Banned

Oh- you didn't cast first to see... want some catsup?.. ..LOL!!

Boolit Buddy
    Actually, my condiment of choice would be Texas Pete tobascey sauce ! I'm just glad things worked out for the better. Already cast a few hundred, and they are FINE looking bullets ! Can't waite to try tumble lube bullets. My bullets cast of straight WW weigh 281 grs w/ check, and as I mentioned are dropping out at .433". Should shoot like gangbusters.

Boolit Buddy
    ////So i contacted Jeff and he said he was going to send a copy of my order/receipt that I paid for the mould to Jeff and send it to Pat at Lee and hopefully this will be enough for Lee to send me out a new one,I hope so for it will save me over $20 or so to send it back to Lee.
    Cheers
    Dale
    no34570////

Maby I dont need to send our 2 molds back from Sweden either?

//Olle

Boolit Master
    i got my mold back today too and it is the same mold i sent to them.

i also cast a few boolits up and mine measured in at .432 to .433 depending on where you measured the boolit.when i sent my mold in i also sent in a spec sheet along with a boolit that RANCH DOG sent me.these are not the same boolits as the ones that RANCH DOG sent me and they are way out of spec from that sheet.these may work out for you guys and they may work for me but they are not the boolits we wanted.RANCH DOGS boolits are alittle shorter and they have a smaller meplat.i guess this isnt a big deal but this tells you something about Lee Precision.they will not stand behind their screw up and they are unwilling to make this right.they are hoping by making the mold drop a boolit that measures out at .432 or .433 we will be happy.

i sure hope these boolits work out for you guys.if they dont for me i will have a mold up for sale

i am also thinking about stopping my newest GROUP BUY on the plain base 357 3 crimp grove mold.why take the chance with these clowns again?i will decide what im going to do in the next few days about this.any payments that have been sent to me will be returned

you thoughts about this GROUP BUY thing with Lee

Boolit Master
    Bugger
    I hope they don't send me the same mould like I have here,useless it means that would be two worthless moulds,make a dandy paperweight though.
    I hope they fix them properly or make new one's according to the original specs that Jeff sent to them,what are they thinking?
    no34570

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 405 WCF
    ////So i contacted Jeff and he said he was going to send a copy of my order/receipt that I paid for the mould to Jeff and send it to Pat at Lee and hopefully this will be enough for Lee to send me out a new one,I hope so for it will save me over $20 or so to send it back to Lee.
    Cheers
    Dale
    no34570////

Maby I dont need to send our 2 molds back from Sweden either?

//Olle
    405WCF
    Email Lee and see what they say,if they don't require you to send them back,then don't,why should you have to pay extra for their mistake and the moulds are'nt even the proper specifications as outlined in Ranchdogs drawings,one big stuff up.
    Cheers
    Dale
    no34570

Boolit Buddy
    I think this stinks to high heaven thatLee cannot produce a mould to the specs on the drawing. If they take the money, they should make good on their end. It may turn out that even with the wider metplat and longer length its a shooter but it burns my a-- that we may be settling for what they want to produce (or modify as it sounds but when I talked to Pat they were going to produce new moulds).
    I will wait to see how mine turns out when returned and how they shoot from those who have already received the "repaired" ones to decided if I want to press the issue more with them. A company like Lee ought to be able to follow a drawing.

Bigscot
    Hunt hard, shoot straight, kill clean, apologize to no one!
    -Ralph M. Lermayer-
    Editor of Predator Xtream

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I think LEE plugs into their tooling program the figures that program only accepts, and all other drawing dimensions are ignored by necessity. Thus a boolit is generated which is not up to par. I've been there, and done that for the programs I wrote, but only have done so after permission from the requestor/customer. It boils down to clock time saved versus most accurate answers. Just depends on the three proverbial parameters: time, money, quality; you can have any two, but not three. Remember, the cost per mold is not that significant when compared to other custom mold makers. How many of us would pay 200 bucks for a six banger? ... felix
    felix

They've made this mould before for Michael, so it's not that they can't do it. If it's not the mould we ordered, we shouldn't feel obligated to accept it. Rather than complain here, just make a polite call to Lee and ask that they produce a mould based on the specification. I don't want a mould that's similar to what I ordered, I want the one I ordered. Part of the thing for me was getting the bullet that Michael designed, not Lee's modified version of that design.