MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionRepackboxRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 15 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Lead Ingots For Sale - Buyer's Choice

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    Kathie
    I am sorry to hear you have hurt yourself, take time to heal real good before you start messing with lead again and most definitely prayers sent your way.
    I have never broken a rib but have broken my back almost paralyzed myself but the vertebrae held by only a 1/16 of inch but it didn't cut my spinal cord. You will find new ways to do almost everything and I do mean everything. Messed my knee caps up too years ago and broke an ankle and most of my fingers at least twice each.
    When you get older they will remind you of the past fun you have had in your life.
    YIKES - you have certainly been thru the hammers of H*LL. Thanks for the prayers!!! ~K
    My Feedback Thread!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

For current pricing and lead information, please see Post #1 of my VS thread:

**** http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ice&highlight=

And to see what I am up to, please visit my Facebook page!

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by a.squibload View Post
    Best wishes K., take it easy and get well soon.

I had a kidney stone run through my system last week, thought that was bad.
    OK, it WAS bad, the pills helped but the morphine in the ER was better,
    didn't make me feel dizzy. Be careful walking around the house on percocet.
    I have heard kidney stones are just not cute. I will be careful for sure! Be well my friend! ~ K
    My Feedback Thread!

Vendor Sponsor

Will be going to hospital momentarily

So I have a couple of standing orders for brass and whatnot, that will not get shipped. Sorry.

I will be in for at least one day, possible punctured lung and pain meds had no effect starting yesterday afternoon -

This is a bad one for me.

I will be out of communication for a while.

With kind regards to all

~ K
    My Feedback Thread!

Boolit Master
    Kathy your in my prayers, Hope you get feeling better.

Adam

Boolit Buddy
    Kathy You are in my and my family's prays for a quick recovery

Vendor Sponsor

Back in Business!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCaptain View Post
    I will be out of communication for a while.

~ K
    Hi friends,

For all of you who sent me PM's and wrote posts in regard to my recovery, I truly thank you! With all the well-wishes, and prayers, I would say that I am almost back to "normal" !!! I resumed heavy lifing of 54+LB's about a week or so ago. From the onset, I did not know how soon I would be feeling up to par, since each person's healing is different. I had heard anywhere from 4, 8, 26, or more weeks. Yikes! Fortunately, I do heal quick and am a stoic for pain (and having broken the ribs, it was the WORSE pain I ever felt in my life, driving me to tears... a first for me). In addition to the rib pain, I now know I am allergic to narcotics. The vicodin caused me to have a terrible, painful, ITCHY, ugly-looking, rash/hives break out on the left side of my face, and down the side of my neck. This "rash" was just as bad as the broken ribs, and took weeks to clear. Not a good time at all..... I stopped with the meds, and grinned and beared it. 4 weeks of drama that I wish to soon forget!

I have resumed sorting of my stash of WW's (over 1000+ LBS) - and I picked up an additional 400+ lbs a week or so ago. I have trays ready for smelting. I plan to head out to my old shop area today, to cast. There has been a flurry of activity around the loading dock for the past couple of months, with Metro North installing new rail and pouring concrete for pilings (so, it would have been difficult at best for me to have cast there, so if I had to be out of commission, my timing was just purrrrrr-fect). At times, they had big cylindrical forms (for the concrete operation) situated so that there was no access to the loading dock. That took me over the top (even though at that point I was unable to lift more than 10 pounds); I stopped and spoke to one of the workers (since I do rent, and this was not Metro North's property). The guy told me that they were told last minute, one Friday, that they needed to clear everything away from the tracks. While speaking to the worker, other workers were moving the forms away from the loading dock. He told me they would not have normally left their stuff there, and if I needed anything moved "in the future", they would do so.

I think their work there is practically complete. They have to move up the line to Greenwich, then head back on the other side of the tracks. At least some people are busy with work!!!

And now I will be one of those people with me being busy smelting!!!

I would estimate I have at least 1500+LBs of WW's to cast. And I will be getting more range lead beginning of next month. It "pained" me (both literally and figuratively) to have a friend load 1200+lbs of range lead back into the vehicle. And I turned it in to a scrap yard since I could not deal with it (at this point, lifting and breathing was a painful effort); Hurricane Irene was due and I needed to revert back to having a garage as opposed to a workshop. It was horrible having to get friends to help me with my lawn furniture and whatnot, to get it stowed away.

When I am ready to sell ingots, I will do a post after this one (and also update post 140 of this thread).

In closing, I thank you for all the prayers and well-wishes - - - I am positive they helped speed up my recovery.

With kind regards to all,

~ Kathie
    My Feedback Thread!

Boolit Buddy
    Great to hear from you Kathie-Just do not over do it at first-Quoate from my PT guy--baby steps-baby steps! Take care

Boolit Mold
    Good to hear you are back up and around. Hang in there. Gary

Boolit Mold

Range lead

Now that you are up and seriously stirring things around I would like to get two boxes of your range lead. I think that comes out to $121.90. Let me know when you are good with this. Gary

Boolit Bub

Kathie,

Sorry about your ordeal, but I'm glad you're back on your feet now. Hope you continue to improve.

David

Boolit Master

ww ingots

Kathie,
    I hope things continue to improve for you.
    My Stick On WW ingots arrived and were well packed.
    When you're able to do it, I would like (2) two boxes of CLIP ON WW ingots.
    Regards,
    Jack

Boolit Mold
    Kathie, I just sent you a PM without realizing that you are recovering. My best wishes for your continuing recovery. I am in no great hurry so whenever it sounds like a good time just let me know. Many thanks and be well. Mike

Boolit Master

Kathie
    Glad to hear you are on the mend and I also agree on the narcotics being a not good thing. I really hate taking any medication that a doctor has to write for you as there is usually some negative to it.
    Keep mending you know we are all waiting for you to get back to your old self and enjoying life.
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Boolit Buddy
    Kathie - when you are ready for a new customer, I would like (2) two boxes of CLIP ON WW ingots.
    PM sent.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Boolit Master

Kathie
    I think you still read these posts. Just for something for you to laugh at I picked up a tool cabinet in my truck a week ago and messed my back up big time. You would think at my age I would know better but I needed it out of the truck fast and there was no one around to help so I paid the price of doing it alone. Will I do it again most likely as when something needs done it needs done and there is no getting around that.
    Best wishes on your mending and being smart enough to know when you need help and not do the silly thing I did. ha ha
    Beware of a government that fears its citizens having the means to protect themselves.
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by shdwlkr View Post
    Kathie
    I think you still read these posts....
    Yuppers, still reading! And as my kitties would say about what you did: MEEEEEEEOUCH !!!! Get well soon!

And I am OK doing all activities,,,, except when I lay down to go to sleep. If I am on my right side (where I broke the ribs), that's when I feel pain.. not too bad, but it is a reminder! I am glad it is not the reverse!!! I am so happy I can lug around 50+ LBs of lead...

Thanks to you, and to everyone else, who has sent me "well wishes". You guys are great. It is an honor to do business with you and to also be your friend!!!

Life doesn't get any better than this!

With kind regards to all,

~ Kathie
    My Feedback Thread!

Boolit Master

Kathie you get to sleep? I find when I lay down that it hurts all the more, if I try and pickup something that weighs over 20 pounds I wish I had not done that. Oh well at least I am still here to buy folks so it isn't all bad.
    I have had to drive 3 hours each way to get my kids, that was interesting to say the least. The day after I did it I had to drive for 11 hours now that was fun. Thank goodness my truck has heated seats.
    Glad to hear you are doing better and getting back to your old self. My issue is now that winter is coming on I will feel the back issue more than usual. Yep it hurts right where I broke it so many years ago only more so than usual.
    Need to get back to working so I keep the muscles in shape. ha ha
    NRA Patron member
    Veteran

Just got my WW lead from Kathie (TheCaptain), absolutely PRIMO stuff!!!
    Wish she would sell me a ton!!!
    Get it while you can folks
    The .357 Magnum......
    Major Douglas Wesson, using factory loads, which were a 158 gr. soft lead bullet, traveling 1515 fps, from an 8 3/4" barreled S&W, producing 812 ft. lbs of muzzle energy.
    Antelope - 200 yards (2 shots)
    Elk - 130 yards (1 shot)
    Moose - 100 yards (1 shot)
    Grizzly Bear - 135 yards (1 shot).

It kind of makes one wonder, why today, it will bounce off anything bigger than a rabbit

Boolit Buddy
    Received my 50lbs of ingots from Kathie - nice metal, fast delivery.
    Thanks,
    Bill
    Idaho

Hope you are well! I would like some ingots and I sent you a PM. Many thanks to you!