Reloading EverythingLoad DataInline FabricationRotoMetals2
WidenersLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, what's wrong with the 311413

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    I have one,put it for sale on the other board with no takers,I have never shot any boolits from it, Dad told me it would shoot ok with mild loads but if you gave her the gass it didnt shoot good no more. It has a tapered gas check shank which is kind of gay,maybe I'll cast a few and see what it does in the 788 30-30 just for giggles, maybe I don'twant to sell it after all hehe.

I had thought about hollow pointing it

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master and Generous Donator
    Chargar: So far as I can determine from their listings, Modern-Bond never made the Squibb bullet, though a couple come close: D-311145, 180 gr. Spitzer with plain base and K-311140, 190 gr. spitzer gas check withtheir odd wide middle band. I have a mould for the fomer, and if & when I get to it I could run you a few. PM me a reminder. floodgate

311413 bullet

can anyone post a pic. of this boolit? I don't see it shown in my lyman #46 reference. Is this boolit cast at 165gr? any historic info. would be appreciated. THANKS, BRUCE IN N.Y.

go to www.castpics.net and when there click on the research section. You will find photos of Lyman bullets and 311413 is listed there.

As far as history goes, all I have been able to determine is that is was deisgned/developed by a guy named Sam Squibb in Lima Ohio back in the 1920's. It referred to in older reference books as "The 169 grain Squibb bullet" It was a very popular bullets with Lyman, Cramer, Belding and Mull and Hensley and Gibbs making molds for it. I have managed to collect all of the foregoing makes of molds in this bullet.

I am looking forward (someday) to giving all of them a through test. From what I understand, this designs works well until the velocity gets above 1.9K fps or thereabouts. There are many other designs that are more versatile and about the only reason to shoot this bullets is just for fun and to experiment, and/or it is the only mold you own. Being an ogival spire design, I suspect that the barrel rifling style will have a big impact on how this bullet performs. That is one thing I want to find out.

I am always interested in collect more information on this bullet, it's history, and use.

Boolit Master
    There's a 4-holer for sale on eBay,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...149466159&rd=1
    Maineboy

lyman 311413

Thanks MAINEBOY ; Thats what I needed . Pictures tell it all for me, this boolit looks alot like a short version of the 311332 180gr. lyman design. Is this correct?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by castshooter-too
    Thanks MAINEBOY ; Thats what I needed . Pictures tell it all for me, this boolit looks alot like a short version of the 311332 180gr. lyman design. Is this correct?
    Maybe these pictures will help:

The first picture is the 413, next the 332. The 3rd one is the 375 and that is the one I think looks like the 332. Between the 413 and the 332 the 332 is the one I have all the luck with.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 311413.jpg   311332.jpg   311375.jpg  
    Maineboy