RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
MidSouth Shooters Supply Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Better stock up on brass, primers and powder

Better stock up on brass, primers and powder

I got a bad feeling that something is going on. You notice that all the reloading suppliers have everything on backorder? I wonder if the government is implementing the markers on the bullets and brass and that companies like Winchester and Remington are retooling for a government control over components? Anyone heard anything or is there just an increase in reloading interest since ammo is so high and there is a run on everything? Even powder is hard to come by these days.

Boolit Bub
    I am wondering the same thing. What exactly is going on that makes people want to stock up on reloading supplies? For those of you that are hording guns and reloading supplies what is your reasoning?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wilddog45 View Post
    I got a bad feeling that something is going on. You notice that all the reloading suppliers have everything on backorder? I wonder if the government is implementing the markers on the bullets and brass and that companies like Winchester and Remington are retooling for a government control over components? Anyone heard anything or is there just an increase in reloading interest since ammo is so high and there is a run on everything? Even powder is hard to come by these days.
    some people are always a dollar short and a day( or months) late.........
    and no it aint true

maybe do a search before posting next time....

mike in co
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Buddy

primer shortage

Yup! cant find a box of 1000 primers to save my life. The Mrs. is making lead foil hats as we speak. I was told the Obama administration has controlled the thought police and hence the primer shortage.

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wilddog45 View Post
    Listen Folks,

This has been circulating for quite some time. Covered here, and MANY other boards. It's called the Ammunition Accountability Act.

So far it has gone nowhere.
    Probably because there are to many drawbacks to it, and very little or no money for politicos to siphon off of it.

There are shortages and price gouging because of hoarding. This type of post adds fuel to the fire.

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Here in Florida CCW permit applications are going thru the roof. Seems like everybody is panick buying from ammo,guns, reloadinding supplies, etc. Local gun show last week had lines out the door. Are things going to get much worse? Stock market down another 5 % today.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    Hey! .......Look at it this way: ....Mr. Obama has certainly brought record sales and prosperity to the Firearms Industry!!

I have NEVER seen people buying like this!! .....It's amazing what panic can do!

.......Maybe he should have Mr. Holder "leak" the rumor that he's going to outlaw home and car sales! The Real Estate and Auto Industries could use a little "panic buying" right now!

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Master
    When I first got into reloading there was the primier scare of the 90's. Folks went nuts and started buying everything in sight. The military was gearing up "just in case". The only shop that had primiers would only sale 100 at a time. What a time to build a Caspian 1911. People need to calm down.

Boolit Master

Thumbs up shortage

Good one Klcarroll I believe you have the answer.

Recently escaped from The People's Republik of Illinois, ...Now living in the Free State of Missouri
    All of this talk about primer hoarding has started me wondering: .......Just what is a reasonable "shelf life" for modern, commercial primers that are still in their original boxes???

In getting set up to reload again, I came across a couple of thousand CCI primers that have been sitting in an ammo can for twenty years. I was going to throw them out, .....but now I'm having second thoughts!

Kent
    KLC

“.....Nuttier than a squirrel turd.” - An assertion by a fellow forum member

Boolit Master

Stock up when components are plentiful and you won't have to worry so much when they are scarce. (it also leaves some for the people who are late to the party.) It goes in cycles.

20 years is nothing, although the lead styphnate primers are probably not as everlasting as the old potassium chlorate primers were, and the next generation will have a shorter storage life than that -- but still probably pretty good.

I found some CCI large pistol primers that I had misplaced for 10 yrs and they were still good.

Boolit Buddy
    I see it as the short sited people trying to not be as far behind as last time they put one in office. They are still WAY to far behind.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by klcarroll View Post
    All of this talk about primer hoarding has started me wondering: .......Just what is a reasonable "shelf life" for modern, commercial primers that are still in their original boxes???

In getting set up to reload again, I came across a couple of thousand CCI primers that have been sitting in an ammo can for twenty years. I was going to throw them out, .....but now I'm having second thoughts!

Kent
    I'll come upstate and get them from you. I'll let you know how many misfire.

I've got enough lead to ride out almost any dry spell.

"Better to have and not need, then to need and not have"
    “Work hard! Millions on welfare depend on it!”

Boolit Master Baron von Trollwhack's Avatar
    Just think of it. Illegals and crooked mortgage lenders, buyers, and sellers are dancing in the streets awaiting the gravy train...........They have tickets, Thank you, Thank you, Lord obama.

Wall street drops anytime Obama or a minion opens his mouth on destroying our national business principles. Old pols and lobbyists are paying to play, and finding employment and an outlet for their particular philosophical pervisions.

Tens of millions of good law abiding citizens are seeking to protect themselves, their families and American heritage and culture.

40, 000,000,000 million babies aborted since roe decided and its soon to be official policy of the nation without exception, 1 1/2 % of the citizenry are driving pervsity to become the prevailing standard of relationships, euthanasia will soon be the other end of the abortion train.

Where have you been wilddog 45 ? BvT
    Every lawbreaker we allow into our nation, or tolerate in our citizen population leads to the further escalation of law breaking of all kinds and acceptance of evil.
    Since almost all aspects of our cultural existence are LIBERAL in most states, this means that the nation is on a trajectory to dissolution by the burden of toleration and acceptance of LAWBREAKING as a norm, a trajectory back to the dark ages of history.

BvT

BvT,
    You can drink my Whiskey, Beer or water anytime!
    “Work hard! Millions on welfare depend on it!”

Boolit Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Baron von Trollwhack View Post
    40, 000,000,000 million babies
    Soooooo.... lessee..... that comes out to 40,000,000,000,000,000.....

I know whacha meant, but if you're going to hop on the soap box, good idea to check yer digits first.

1. 40 million is 40,000,000 - NOT 40,000,000,000 (thats 40 billion)
    2. All them zeros negate the need for the word "million"

I just bought 1000 Magtech small pistol primers today for $26! I honestly think this is the FIRST TIME I've ever seen anything related to shooting being cheaper here than in the states. Normally I pay 2 or 3 times as much as you guys do.
    The artist formerly known as Wiking