Load DataTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
RepackboxLee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication

Thread: Encore barrels value?

Encore barrels value?

I have an opportunity to purchase a blued Encore rifle from a buddy of mine. It comes with a blued 300 win mag and a 209x50 barrel. both blued. I may keep the 300 barrel but really dont have a lot of interest in the muzzle loader. both are in good condition, not perfect but overall good. any idea what they would be worth as just barrels? I am buying the gun worth the money and mostly just have interest in the frame and stock. Just looking for an overall average value that i could sell them for. I feel that Gunbroker can be all over the place on pricing.
    Thanks
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid."
    -John Wayne

$250-350 depending on caliber and if a forend is included.

Boolit Buddy
    Middle Tennessee for now. Want to buy land out west, somewhere cool and dry!
    I paid $275 for a blued 300WM barrel not long ago. It’s a little finicky to chamber and close with the belt. A different 338WM works flawlessly.

You might try chambering and extracting a few rounds before you buy it and see if it’s an issue for you.

Another buddy has an Encore strictly as a muzzle loader. Says it’s the most accurate mz he’s tried.

Boolit Master
    My Encore ML would shoot 1.5” five shot groups at 100 yards using Barnes 290g with supplied sabots and BH209. Might want to try yours out before selling

You might want to keep that ML barrel if your luck is like mine(Murphy's Law). I had a good shooting NEF Huntsman 50 cal that I shot very sparingly and so I sold it. Well, just my luck, one of the best big buck Management Areas in my state went to archery or ML only as soon as I sold it!
    IT AINT what ya shoot--its how ya shoot it. NONE of us are as smart as ALL of us!

Moderator Emeritus

Following them on gbroker for about a decade the ML barrels are the slowest to sell. They take their own forend. I owned a 300 WM and currently have a 7 Rem mag I swapped for. Mike Belm reminds us that the Encore is a 60000 psi gun max and though the manuals might take you higher, some loads will stretch your frame.
    My personal opinion is that the 308/3006 family are better suited for Encores.
    Prices jumped recently so if your selling that's good, if your buying, not as much.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze