WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataReloading EverythingRepackbox
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Surgery Tomorrow...

Fair warning, your gonads might look like the Dr. used them as a speedbag when you wake up.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Had the right side done in 2013 and left in 2018 . Shot a buck with my bow 20 days after in 2013. Used mesh back then but not in 2018. Ditto on stool softeners and drinking plenty of fluids after. Advil and heating pad took care of any pain. Prayers for an easy recovery.

Boolit Master

Good luck to you, I'll be waiting for your next post!
    Gun control is not about guns.

Moderator Emeritus

Just saw this. Best of luck and hopefully recovery will be as short as the doc says.

Boolit Master

Southern Middle Tennessee/ Hillsboro Alabama
    Good Luck.
    Grumpy Old Man With A Gun....... Do Not Touch !!

Moderator Emeritus

My thoughts with ANYTHING medical is that the doctors HAVE to keep us going to enable them to get MORE money from me!!! BEST wishes!
    geo

God's blessings on you JD. I always appreciated your thoughtful and well-written posts here. It looks like you have a lot of friends.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Here’s hoping that it goes well, prayers sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I'm just seeing this. By now its probably over and you're back home. Hope it went well and you have a quick recovery.

Boolit Master
    Welp, the Reaper didn’t get me. Surgery went well for the most part, and was over and done in 30 minutes. But I’ve been dealing with the pain all day. Lower abs and hip flexors are REALLY SORE. But at least I don’t have my guts dangling like before.

Took a pain pill earlier, and I have been up walking around the house to try and loosen up the abs. Definitely going to have some scares. The incisions are large for laparoscopic. And I’ve got to wear a very uncomfortable jock strap for he next day or two. But I’m still planning on returning to work on Thursday, pain permitting. But I also have to follow up with the doc in a week.

As for the ‘went mostly well’ part. Had a slight hiccup where they’re concerned about my hearth rhythm. Forgot what they called it, but basically told me I need to see my primary about getting an EKG. And then I think they also tried ripping the catheter out before deflating it completely - I’m pretty tender when using the tool on #1.

That said, thank you all for the well wishes! I’m glad I get to continue forcing you all to question my sanity!
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master

^^^^ awesome (mostly)

Boolit Bub

Just saw this. Glad it did I pretty well. Anyway you can’t leave yet. I like reading your posts, and so do a lot of others.

Boolit Master
    GONRA sez - sounds like yer Just Fine! !!
    Glad to hear it went smooooothly ! !!
    Time to get back to SHOOTIIN' !!!!

Had double done a loong time ago, doc told me to quit riding MC for a while. Otherwise, pain recovery but healing was complete. Just move slow and don't over stretch anything.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Fair warning, your gonads might look like the Dr. used them as a speedbag when you wake up.
    Well, I haven't tried bending over to look at them due to the pain, but I can say that they don't seem to hurt. My abs on the other hand... I Told the nurse I felt like Mike Tyson punched me in the guts a few times.

Quote Originally Posted by georgerkahn View Post
    My thoughts with ANYTHING medical is that the doctors HAVE to keep us going to enable them to get MORE money from me!!! BEST wishes!
    geo
    Yeah, they definitely want to keep me alive long enough to get their 30% of the payment out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by WRideout View Post
    God's blessings on you JD. I always appreciated your thoughtful and well-written posts here. It looks like you have a lot of friends.

Wayne
    I just annoy enough people to convince them that I might be a nut, but I'm "their nut".
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post
    Welp, the Reaper didn’t get me. Surgery went well for the most part, and was over and done in 30 minutes. But I’ve been dealing with the pain all day. Lower abs and hip flexors are REALLY SORE. But at least I don’t have my guts dangling like before.

Took a pain pill earlier, and I have been up walking around the house to try and loosen up the abs. Definitely going to have some scares. The incisions are large for laparoscopic. And I’ve got to wear a very uncomfortable jock strap for he next day or two. But I’m still planning on returning to work on Thursday, pain permitting. But I also have to follow up with the doc in a week.

As for the ‘went mostly well’ part. Had a slight hiccup where they’re concerned about my hearth rhythm. Forgot what they called it, but basically told me I need to see my primary about getting an EKG. And then I think they also tried ripping the catheter out before deflating it completely - I’m pretty tender when using the tool on #1.

That said, thank you all for the well wishes! I’m glad I get to continue forcing you all to question my sanity!
    Glad it went well. My lap patients are about in as much or more pain than my incisional ones. My surgeon went right up the middle to fix my umbilical hernia. I asked him about lap and he said "Nah, I can go right in the middle, I don't need to separate all that tissue in the sides of your abdomen with a scope and instruments and you'll have less pain." He was right.

Follow up on the heart rhythm with cards. A-fib or other arrhythmia puts you at high risk for stroke.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by steve urquell View Post
    Glad it went well. My lap patients are about in as much or more pain than my incisional ones. My surgeon went right up the middle to fix my umbilical hernia. I asked him about lap and he said "Nah, I can go right in the middle, I don't need to separate all that tissue in the sides of your abdomen with a scope and instruments and you'll have less pain." He was right.

Follow up on the heart rhythm with cards. A-fib or other arrhythmia puts you at high risk for stroke.
    Will do. They described it to me as every other beat it was like there was an extra beat. But they didn't think it was of enough concern to call off the surgery.

Boolit Master
    I am looking at this procedure somewhere in the future so watching how you do. Glad it al went well.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    I am looking at this procedure somewhere in the future so watching how you do. Glad it al went well.
    Man, if yours is anywhere near as bad as mine was before the surgery don’t put it off. I had a pretty large hernia, so it wasn’t a need this done yesterday situation. But it also wasn’t a can wait a few weeks situation. It was to the point that I was having issues walking. Now I’m good but for the pain from the surgery. But they say that passes after a few days. And you’re back at it after a week.