Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Inline Fabrication

Thread: Potsdam Mold

Boolit Mold

Potsdam Mold

Hi,

I am looking for some information. I have a .71 Cal. Potsdam smooth bore. It will be shot in competition at the NSSA. Cloth patching is not allowed. Aluminum Foil is allowed but not desired. What size bullet is available for the Potsdam. Who sells a mold that will work. Thanks for any information.

Tom

If you can determine the actual bore diameter, go to the Tanner Ball Moulds site and see what is offered. The moulds are 1 cavity (no sprue cutter), brass, and made to the diameter you specify. Price is reasonable and deliver is usually fast.

Boolit Master
    Tom, I would also look for inspiration by researching the original military loads for the Potsdams. Is paper patching allowed in N-SSA skirmishes?
    Bill

Boolit Mold
    I don't think paper patching is allowed but I will check. We generally adjust loads to the gun and most of us shoot lighter loads. A .69 cal SB is shot at 25 and 50 yards. The NSSA allows multiple configuration of the SB so powder charges vary. Generally between 45 and 70 grains of black. I shoot mine at 65 grains. I would guess the Potsdam is going to be 60 to 70 grains but I have to find a ball to shoot before I can get to the powder. Thanks

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by twines View Post
    I don't think paper patching is allowed but I will check. We generally adjust loads to the gun and most of us shoot lighter loads. A .69 cal SB is shot at 25 and 50 yards. The NSSA allows multiple configuration of the SB so powder charges vary. Generally between 45 and 70 grains of black. I shoot mine at 65 grains. I would guess the Potsdam is going to be 60 to 70 grains but I have to find a ball to shoot before I can get to the powder. Thanks
    you need to pin gauge the bore first

Disregard
    Last edited by armoredman; 05-02-2024 at 04:14 PM.

Boolit Master

I would love to mine that berm after the smoke cleared.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Use a thin leather patch.