RepackboxLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto insurance who ya using?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by mustang View Post
    usaa for 3 decades. Not the cheapest; but they have paid without question on hail damage. Been superb for the houses.

Reason why new vehicle insurance is going through the roof is because of all the sensors and electronics on them. A front end hit by deer or parking lot fender bender can literally total the vehicle now because of costs to replace those sensors when added to the body damage.
    !!!! This !!!!!!
    "My main ambition in life is to be on the devil's most wanted list."
    Leonard Ravenhill

Well, thanks, guys. I'll never use allstate again, had home and car from them in the late 90s, and had one theft, and then a lightning strike about 6 months later and they dropped us like a rock. I've had good experience with Liberty, they paid out to replace roof about 18 months ago and it cost them a lot (hail) and I'll keep paying for their homeowners insurance during to that, but the cars hurt a lot. And extra $100 odd a month is not easy to accept.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Geico for the last 15 years and I've had zero claims ever. The 1st increase in price was a couple of months ago, went up $120 a year.

While I got it by the online method, having a good independent insurance agent is a real good idea.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by perotter View Post
    Geico for the last 15 years and I've had zero claims ever. The 1st increase in price was a couple of months ago, went up $120 a year.

While I got it by the online method, having a good independent insurance agent is a real good idea.
    Me too.
    Geico for more than a decade, no claims, Last year they raised rates more than 30%. I checked around before I sent them a check, seems everyone went up. If they raise it again, I will look harder for a new carrier.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Grand Master
    liberty mutual is the worse.
    Even state farm is better.

Boolit Master

Progressive for about 15 years. About $1000 per year for 4 vehicles, all older -'05,'99,'87,'67. Never filed any damages as vehicles are throw away by design. Progressive is owned by George Soros so I will change one day soon.

Boolit Master
    I had State Farm for 10 or 12 years and then discovered Erie in my hometown. My same coverage for an F150 and a Honda went DOWN 50%. My Ranger was $500 a year and Markel gives the same coverage for $180 per year. My Farm policy was $1,800 per year for house, barn, outbuildings., etc. was $1,100 last year.

Shop Around! It does pay. This is a very good Post; thank you.

Be well.

Adam

I just dumped State Farm for raising the rates too much too often, no accidents, no claims. Just about a $50.00 raise for them every 6 months. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but our old agent retired about 2 years ago and now the office is run by a yuppy type woman. I went with Erie, they copied my policy and now I'm paying almost half of what State Farm charged me.
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    In the 50+ years I have been paying home and car insurance I have discovered that the agent you have is much more important than the brand.
    You hit the nail on the head!!
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by pworley1 View Post
    In the 50+ years I have been paying home and car insurance I have discovered that the agent you have is much more important than the brand.
    Like most folks these days, I'm my own agent. I am perfectly capable of spending an hour or so every couple of years shopping around to get the best rate.

That's the key. I rotate between Geico, USAA, and Progressive for the best rate/coverages.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy

another vote for erie. good local agent ta boot !

USAA for 50 years, absolutely no complaints. Excellent service.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Master
    USAA under $1000/year for a million/acident when most only do $300,000/acident as the state requires. I used several different companies over the years till my son, insurance adjuster, convinced me to call USAA.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Russel View Post
    USAA best rates i've found. Replaced a couple windshields,no problems.
    USAA Half Century Member. Both home and auto. One house fire, one tornado two cars totalled when struck by drunk drivers. No complaints.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

Boolit Master

anybody use HAGERTY for 'vintage' car insurance?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beerd View Post
    anybody use HAGERTY for 'vintage' car insurance?
    Been using Hagerty for at least 25 years on my 1972 Chevelle SS. No complaints, not costly. Not many raises. Those that are, are minimal and a result of them suggesting raising the vehicle's worth.

For my other three vehicles and house, we use an independent broker. We've had EMC, Safeco, and Travelers, over the years. EMC quit insuring private individuals in Arkansas.

Boolit Master
    Hagerty covers all my cars except for the one daily driver. They even cover my 06 Mustang GT. The price I pay for three pickups and two antiques cars plus the Mustang is less that just the Mustang alone was costing me with Allstate!! But even Hagerty is going up now.
    You have to remember we have had several very damaging hurricanes that wiped whole towns off the face of the earth PLUS several fires that have done the same thing. SOMBODY is going to pay for all of that, the insurance is not going to take a loss for the shareholders.

Boolit Grand Master

I've been with Farm Bureau for 30 something years. House, autos, Polaris side-by-side, tractor, trailers, umbrella policy. Theres a lot to be said for having a good agent. Mine was a shooting buddy, assistant Scoutmaster and hunting buddy. Is so much better than the Allstate that we had before.

Boolit Master
    Moved from AK to AZ 7 years ago.
    Had an "uninsured motorist" claim in NH 1999 that is never forgotten
    (Stolen Grand Am destroyed my Tercel wooda been cheeper not to claim it)
    (I have paid back that claim twice over through raised rates)($3000?)

Anyway, shopping for AZ insurance was sad until I found the local Allstate agent. She insures old folks who never go anywhere. She transferred my AK Allstate to AZ with my zero AK claims for about what I paid in AK, half of what typical AZ demolition derby drivers pay. Ever wonder why everybody in AZ drives a new truck? They total themselves every three years. Who buys the truck? We do.

And Tucson averages a pedestrian a day, DRT.

Boolit Grand Master
    credit score is 848 - 853 depending
    American Family for all my insurance needs though that may change
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often