Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxLoad Data
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto insurance who ya using?

Auto insurance who ya using?

I've had Liberty mutual since moving to Arkansas. 14 years. And only one auto claim on my pickup for hail damage. No wrecks, no tickets, nothing. Added a car a month ago and even though it is 5 years older than my newest, insurance was almost the same. $2400 a year for 3 cars, 2 drivers. Only used for pleasure, low mileage as we are retired... stupid expensive.

So I plugged into geico and progressive and same coverage, deductibles for the three end up at $1050 and $1250 respectively. I've used geigo a couple of decades ago, one claim which was handled well enough and progressive for a motorcycle for 6 years. No claims.
    I'm not a vet. Has anyone hadissues with either of these companies lately?

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

None with Geico for twenty years, I too had hail damage and they were excellent.

We dropped progressive years ago, no accidents or claims, kept going up each month! Hence the name progressive!

Currently Liberty mutual, 3 vehicles, ones a classic so we're around that $2400 mark a year. Liberty was the only one that would carry the classic for us at a decent price.

Boolit Master

I have had the same experience with Liberty Mutual but I have had a few claims on collision and comprehensive.
    They were going stupid with the homeowners until I called and asked why it was so high and we made some changes and they lowered it considerably.

Statefarm. 15 years. Car (3)and home,
    2 car claims for hitting deer (2011 and 2012), last 2 years the rates keep going up. If it raises again ill be looking for new insurance.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by slownsteady22; 04-27-2024 at 10:24 PM.

Boolit Master
    Insurance is credit based. Bad Credit more money. Geico does not use credit as a base so same person with good or bad pays the same price.
    I use geico for my work truck and beater car and its 486 every 6 months. Not bad for a f350 RACK and a beater.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

state farm for years -
    never pick a fight with an old man - if he is too old to fight he will just kill you -
    in this current crisis our government is not the solution , it is the problem ! -

ILLEGITIMI NON CARBORUNDUM

as they say in latin

Boolit Bub
    USAA best rates i've found. Replaced a couple windshields,no problems.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    Insurance is credit based. Bad Credit more money. Geico does not use credit as a base so same person with good or bad pays the same price.
    I use geico for my work truck and beater car and its 486 every 6 months. Not bad for a f350 RACK and a beater.
    My credit rating, as of this morn, is 819. I still have my 2016 Toyota Tacoma, which I bought new in that year; one deer hit and one turkey splat (both >5 years back) as only claims; never had a moving-violation traffic ticket. My renewal -- I have been with Travelers for more than a decade -- ran $1,048.00 for the year. LAST year it was $902.00 -- UP $146.00! Interestingly, too, my wife bought a brand new Suburu Legend Limited, and one would think with all the "new car safety features" there'd be lower liability pay-outs for the insurance company -- BUT -- the premium on her car jumped but a few bucks less than $400.00.
    For what it's worth, with a storm here or storm there -- horrific tornado and other destruction; flood here and flood there with the consequences of water; fire here and fire there -- I almost wonder HOW the insurance companies may even stay solvent? I somewhere read -- don't recall locations -- that in some states now, some companies will NOT write insurance policies. (And did I mention the mud-slides?)
    geo

Boolit Master

We have Allstate now. For 20+ years with Geico in Florida and then they doubled our insurance premium, ZERO accidents or tickets. They claimed that Florida had over 70% of drivers driving without insurance.

Been using State Farm for many years now.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

We have a 2023 f150 power boost and a 2013 mistang mach e. 2 windshild glass clames in florida.no tickets, great credit, drive each about 6000 miles per year. I've been with allstate for 40 years in pa than florida. Allstate was 2250 per 6 months, and progressive was 875 for the same coverage. Easy choice to make. Progressive has had my motorcycles since 35 years, and they have my boat and rv as well

Boolit Master

USAA for 3 decades. Not the cheapest; but they have paid without question on Hail Damage. Been superb for the houses.

Reason why new vehicle insurance is going through the roof is because of all the sensors and electronics on them. A front end hit by Deer or Parking lot fender bender can literally total the Vehicle now because of costs to replace those sensors when added to the body damage.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Master

In the 50+ years I have been paying home and car insurance I have discovered that the agent you have is much more important than the brand.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master
    State Farm for 50+ years.

Boolit Master
    Another State Farm, though they have started raising rates too.

Moderator Emeritus

Geico for about 20 years. I pay my Father's auto insurance through them and his car is much older than my truck and his premiums are a lot more than mine. Age and location really cause the premiums to increase.

Boolit Master
    We are looking for a new carrier for our home and autos. We have been using Safeco for several years but their rates are quickly rising by big numbers. I found it was the agents doing this more than the company itself. It seems that local agents have authority to juggle rates at will.

Many years ago we were with Allstate when we found a water leak in the house. A water diverter on our refrigerator had failed and sprayed the wall behind it. Floor was soaked when we found the source of this leak. Shut off the leak and called the company, also told the call taker we were seeing dark spots under the vinyl kitchen floor covering. The call taker began shouting "That's mold! We don't cover that!" over and again. I asked for their inspector to drop by and his first words were "Sure looks like mold to me." We agreed to cut open the vinyl to see what was going on under it. We found the top thin layer of flooring was installed with screws (or nails) and the top of these were heavily rusted. The rust was the dark spots. Then began the replacement values the agent placed on our construction materials. It took us 11 months of negotiating with him to get a settlement, and that only because his superiors warned they would fire him if he did not close the case within a year. We got the settlement and quickly changed insurance companies. So now, here we go again.

Suggest that you Do not ask insurance buyers for data, they know no more than you do, ask the folks that actually get paid, who it is that pays them the best and is easiest and fairest to deal with as a damage repair person, medical service provider, etc. Then buy that insurance.

I am a tree farmer today, only because I retired after 52 years as the owner of three property and casualty Insurance agencies, on the beach, in FL, a very interesting series of decades. My personal program is based on the actual service provided not on buyers opinion and the service can vary by location, greatly.
    “There is a remedy for all things, save death.“
    Cervantes

“Never give up, never quit.”
    Robert Rogers
    Roger’s Rangers

There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves.
    Will Rogers

Boolit Buddy
    State farm for over 60 years 4 house and a pickup