RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackboxWideners
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: 314299 in sks

Boolit Mold

314299 in sks

I’m trying to load 314299 for my sks. My concern is how deep I have to seat them to feed in the magazine. Do I run a pressure risk having so much lead seated in the case?

Boolit Master

Hang on a second and I will link some articles for you to read. Quite entertaining and informative!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

BTW, Junior Doughty (Junior1942) has a couple of articles on using LeveRevolution in the SKS with heavies; look for the sticky concerning Mr. Gibson's work and load data compilation. Not 2400, I know, not certain I would use 2400 in the SKS with heavies. Need more research!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

Last edited by Bloodman14; 04-28-2024 at 09:09 AM. Reason: adding info!
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Master

Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Master

Now for a direct answer to your question; I do indeed shoot 316299's from my Yugo SKS just fine using LeveRevolution. I seat the boolits to clear the front of the magazine (TAPCO) without any issues. I will try to find my data, hold on.

1.4 to 1.7 cc's of LeveRevolution in my Yugo SKS is the ticket using NOE 316299's; I powder coat some and use 45-45-10 on others. Figure out what works best in YOUR rifle, and have some fun!
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Master

Any progress?
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Master
    What is the weight in grains of the 314299? I could run upstairs to my library, but chose not to. LOL. I cast the Lyman #311410 130 grain plain base boolit in my SKSs.

Be well.

Adam

Boolit Master

Adam, weight is 205 grains, +/-. The 9 1/2 inch twist of the SKS is beneficial to the 'heavy for caliber' boolit.
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

I use a 195gn boolit in my JW105 Norinko (bolt action) with 23.5gn of 3031.

Hold Still Varmint; while I plugs Yer!

Boolit Master

I am pretty certain that LeveRevolution is repackaged Reloder 12 because the burn rates are practically identical. That being said, what other powders would be suitable for heavies in the SKS? What about other cartridges?
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    I am pretty certain that LeveRevolution is repackaged Reloder 12 because the burn rates are practically identical. That being said, what other powders would be suitable for heavies in the SKS? What about other cartridges?
    LeveRevolution powder is not repackaged RL12. LeveRevolution is a special blend of powders to achieve the unique pressure curves it produces. Frankly, attempting to correlate it to RL12 based on burn rate chart positions is a fool's errand and inherently unsafe to do so.
    Last edited by Larry Gibson; 05-04-2024 at 09:24 AM.
    Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Mr. Gibson, not intending to state a fact, just an opinion based on charts. I do stand corrected, sir.
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Grand Master

Larry Gibson

“Deficient observation is merely a form of ignorance and responsible for the many morbid notions and foolish ideas prevailing.”
    ― Nikola Tesla

Boolit Master

Hey, SilverFox, you still alive? What have you learned so far? Watching with interest!
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.