Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationWidenersMidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox

Thread: Has anybody ever heard of Bowling alley wax?

Boolit Master

Has anybody ever heard of Bowling alley wax?

Today I was helping my sister clean out an old outbuilding, getting it ready for demolition when I came across a full 4 pound can of
    "Butchers Bowling Alley Wax". I opened it up, and the smell of turpentine and mineral spirits was clear to me. Label on the can says it contains Carnuba and other fine waxes, it is a paste wax.

I cant figure out how to post pictures on this site, but if a member here would be so kind to pm me with a cell phone # I can text pictures of the can and contents to you and you can post them here.

BAW is some tough stuff. Once dry, it has a very strong film strength. (think ten pound bowling balls slamming onto the lane) A couple of coats on a sub-sonic cast bullet should work very well.

Boolit Bub
    Great stuff. I have been using it on the knives I make. Works great on the steel and handle material. Smells good too!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidrob View Post
    BAW is some tough stuff. Once dry, it has a very strong film strength. (think ten pound bowling balls slamming onto the lane) A couple of coats on a sub-sonic cast bullet should work very well.
    Ten pound balls are the lightest allowed in sanctioned leagues. My wife rolls with a sixteen pound ball. So yes, it's one tough wax!

Boolit Grand Master

2nd Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

"Before you argue with someone, ask yourself, is that person even mentally mature enough to grasp the concept of different perspectives? Because if not, there’s absolutely no point."
    – Amber Veal

"The Highest form of ignorance is when your reject something you don't know anything about".
    - Wayne Dyer

Boolit Master
    So, I just rescued $120 worth of wax from the dumpster??? SWEET!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I pulled 2 1/2 cases (30 cans) of Butchers out of a dumpster a few years ago, I’ve been mixing it half and half with Lee liquid lube.