RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLoad DataSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
Repackbox Wideners
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 9MM Brass Processor

Boolit Master

Success!
    I installed the milled down primer slide and no primer feed problems!
    I ran 50 cases through with only a couple of case feed problems but no primer problems!
    I have to work on the primer magazine to get it more stable and cut the shield to length and mount the Dillon case feeder and then I can run 1000 cases!

Boolit Master

In summary, I found 3 problems that in my opinion are design flaws
    #1 is the thickness of the primer slide. The material that the slide is made from is 0.125” and a small primer is 0.115” thick causing a depression for the second primer in the stack to sit in causing jams and other problems. Milling the slide to the thickness of the primers solves this problem.
    #2 The primer punch return spring diameter is too big for the housing or the hole in the housing is under sized for the spring.
    This causes the punch not to return causing jams. I reworked the spring or could have bored the housing but you always work on the least expensive part first so I did the spring.
    #3 The part on the end of the case advance slide that pushes the cases from the tube of cases was too thick to allow the front rail to be pushed forward to allow positive grip on the case and proper alignment with the primer punch causing 2 problems. The cases would come loose and primer would get crushed possibly causing an explosion.I added a blast shield because it didn’t come with one.
    One other potential problem is where the primer slide adjustment screw hits the frame. The frame and top plate where the dies screw in are made out of aluminum a the adjustment screw is hardened steel. The return spring is strong and constant pounding will eventually cause a depression and cause misalignment leading to crushed primers. I plan to install a hardened steel screw in the frame and get a beass tipped set screw to stop the problem before it occurs.
    It took me about a week of and on to make parts and do modifications and a lot of head scratching but I finally have a machine that will help me produce match quality 9mm ammunition a little easily and quickly!
    Last edited by deltaenterprizes; 05-08-2024 at 06:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post
    Thanks for the clarification. I originally taught was issues with the 1050 so most of my comments are not valid. I have two Super 1050's (one for large primers and one for small primers) and one RL 1000. I have three 650's again on for large primers and one for small primers. The third is dedicated to 45/70.
    M-Tecs;
    How does the RL1100 compare to the Super 1050 in your opinion? I have RL1100s in small and large primer and would probably have bought only one had I the changeover knowledge acquired since the purchase, but have never used a Super 1050.
    Tony

I like the eccentric linkage, stronger than the "super" but it will load longer cases/rounds where the other lacks stroke.

Quote Originally Posted by jmorris View Post
    I like the eccentric linkage, stronger than the "super" but it will load longer cases/rounds where the other lacks stroke.
    Thanks. I thought/think the shorter stroke was the major difference between the two and will never load anything larger than 308W on it so went with the RL1100.
    Tony