MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Reloading EverythingWideners
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad DataTitan Reloading
Snyders Jerky Repackbox

Thread: Rossi R 92 magazine tubes

Boolit Buddy

Rossi R 92 magazine tubes

Does anyone know of someone converting ROSSI R 92 magazine tubes, to be like Henry mag tubes. I grew up on Winchester and Marlin rifles, and while I always had to unload, cycling rounds thru the receiver, and never had a problem, and am 73, just seems it would safer if you could just uncscrew and dump rounds out like the Henry rifles.

We were taught to keep our fingers away from the trigger during this operation, but you know Murphy's Law....

Boolit Master
    My Rossi 92 in 454 Casull has a tube that is removed from the front by just turning it 90 degrees, removing the inner tube and dumping the rounds out the front.

Boolit Buddy
    they must have changed the way they do things, I have a new Rossi 92 stainless in 454 and it does not have that option. I wish that it did

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I have a 1986 and 2013 example of the M92 Rossi . The 1986 with the figure 8 barrel band sight could probably be done with the sleeve twist lock adaptation, but there's not a lot of slop in the 45 Colts version. Schofield correct rims will only take 3 rounds in the magazine of the 2013 . It has the dovetail through screw magazine tube .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Buddy
    I would think I may be able to get an older tube for the 454 and change it out or at least I would hope so. The 38/357 might be another issue

Boolit Master
    I have not seen another Rossi mag tube like mine. The figure 8 barrel band is held in place by a screw that goes sideways through the middle of the 8 band and through a half circle cut in the barrel and another cut in the outer mag tube. This screw holds the mag tube and the band to the barrel. The inner mag tube has an end cap with a tab on one side that turns into a slot cut in the bottom of the barrel. The end cap has a small detent ball that pushes against the bottom of the barrel when the tab is turned into the slot in the barrel to keep the inner tube from turning and flying out.

I have seen one and herd of others with the screw in outer mag tube that pull the outer mag tube out of its threads in the action because of the large mass of a mag full of heavy ammo against a screw in mag tube cap and heavy recoil.