Snyders JerkyRepackboxWidenersTitan Reloading
Load DataInline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need opinions on Contender (Pre Easy Open)

Boolit Buddy
    WCP: If some of the fellows who have had H&R shotguns redone into 32 caliber "woods loafing" guns would mention what their conversions cost, that $500 might seem more palatable. $500 is out of my range, too.

Boolit Buddy
    Unless you already reload for it there is no reason to have a 32 H&R in a contender. Just get a barrel in 30 Carbine and download it slightly. Or go all out with it and have some fun.

I agree TC / contender stuff is getting way too pricey and I can only shake my head at what used barrels go for on Ebay. Might as well buy a new barrel with exactly what you want for the same prices or cheaper.

Moderator Emeritus

As of today TC has a new owner who was a former owner. Plans are to have a full line open in 2025 made in USA.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni View Post
    As of today TC has a new owner who was a former owner. Plans are to have a full line open in 2025 made in USA.
    I saw that as well...Nice...But..I really do like the Pre-easy open frame with "triangle trigger".. if they bring that one Back...color me Excited!!
    But...The supposed most useless barrel for a Contender...is about My Favorite..357 Magnum... can you say Versatile???

Boolit Mold
    I shoot my Contender as a carbine and have several barrels for it. For my money the best and most versatile barrel/chambering is 30-30. I also reload with careful choices of components I can target shoot, hunt small game with reduced cast loads, or hunt deer/Black Bear etc with a jacketed bullet load. It's also a great chambering if you don't reload. Most any gun store has some 30-30 ammo for sale

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by gunther View Post
    WCP: If some of the fellows who have had H&R shotguns redone into 32 caliber "woods loafing" guns would mention what their conversions cost, that $500 might seem more palatable. $500 is out of my range, too.
    gunther
    Your are probably right about how much it cost to have an H&R barrel made. I've been looking for a 32H&R carbine barrel for my Contender without success now for quiet awhile. My brother has one but I have not convinced him to turn it loose yet. I guess the hunt is part of the fun.

wcp