RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Lee Precision
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lee TL bullets--does sizing increase accuracy.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Huskerguy your experience with the .38 Cal TL bullets mirror mine---accurate and dead on in my .38 Caliber pistols. One can size them first--just roll them over a lightly oil lubed pad first. A light coating of motor oil is all you need. I wonder if anyone has sized/lubed TL bullets in a traditional Lyman/RCBS lube sizer?
    I have. Doesn’t work well. The profile of the grooves just allows the lube to basically fall out when handling…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Thanks...perhaps a hard lube would work, but it might no be worth the effort. One could argue--what good are TL bullets that you don't TL?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    Thanks...perhaps a hard lube would work, but it might no be worth the effort. One could argue--what good are TL bullets that you don't TL?
    They actually work REALLY well when powder coated. I like them better that way.

Currently looking for a Lyman/Ideal 311419 Mold - PM if you have one you'd like to get rid of!

JDGabbard's Feedback Thread

"A hand on a gun is better than a cop on the phone," Jerry Ellis, Oklahoma State House of Representatives.

The neighbors refer to me affectionately as, "The nut up on the ridge with the cannon." - MaxHeadSpace.

Jdgabbard's very own boolit boxes pattern!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post

Pc works for me with them as well.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Bazoo View Post
    when you size them they will then have nearly the same bullet pull, and nearly the same pressure going through the cylinder throats.
    The more variables you remove from the equation, the more consistent your pressure will be and your groups will be smaller.

Cylinder throats are one of the biggest culprits in throwing flyers and poor groups IF and WHEN they are 1.) undersized and 2.) inconsistent diameters. <<< This accounts for fully 90% of Ruger cylinder production.

Cylinder throats often function as a multi-port sizing die, so don't discount addressing throat diameters to sharpen your game b/c they certainly will when done right and boolits are sized to the throats, preferably -.0005" under the throat.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jdgabbard View Post

That's the way I use them as well.

I guess I have been lucky since I sized bare lead bullets through my Lee push thru size dies for years without a problem. I still size bare lead through my NOE size bushings.