WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load DataRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Reloading Everything

Thread: Lyman 266305 @ Maplewood Bullets Vermont

Boolit Master

Lyman 266305 @ Maplewood Bullets Vermont

I'm just now ordering 100 pcs of this Lyman 266305 100 gr RN g/c from him $25 + $11 postage.
    Anybody done biz with him before?

I've never loaded a cast bullet in 6.5 that light so I figured give 'er a try just because. Figure maybe 7 or 8 grs Unique.

https://www.google.com/search?client...+Gr+GC+RN#ip=1

Dutch

I have bought some big bore .447 bullets from him. Worked ok but not what I was looking for. In my alloy they were a little small and heavy if I recall. Good guy though. But I always liked smaller weight bullets in my 6.5x53r like around 120. You don’t say what cartridge?

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gobeyond View Post
    I have bought some big bore .447 bullets from him. Worked ok but not what I was looking for. In my alloy they were a little small and heavy if I recall. Good guy though. But I always liked smaller weight bullets in my 6.5x53r like around 120. You don’t say what cartridge?
    6.5x55 and quite possibly 6.5x50 Arisaka since I have one.

Dutch

They will be going faster. How you going to load them? What velocity, light loads, er…? Unique and tune it for accuracy. Light game, maybe, plinking or 50 yard target. If you hit something it will be fun! You really want to know about that specific bullet.

The only cast I did in a 6.5 was a .260 bullet paper patched to 268. I couldn’t get it in the case. Sold it before I got a expander ball from CH4D. The whole neck needed bigger. Well maybe it wouldn’t have worked then. You’ll get good from maple wood.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gobeyond View Post
    They will be going faster. How you going to load them? What velocity, light loads, er…? Unique and tune it for accuracy. Light game, maybe, plinking or 50 yard target. If you hit something it will be fun! You really want to know about that specific bullet.

The only cast I did in a 6.5 was a .260 bullet paper patched to 268. I couldn’t get it in the case. Sold it before I got a expander ball from CH4D. The whole neck needed bigger. Well maybe it wouldn’t have worked then. You’ll get good from maple wood.
    I'll load them as "gallery" loads, below the magic 1,500 fps. We'll see!

Dutch

Boolit Buddy
    I bought from him a few years ago. Everything was good.

Boolit Master
    Wow, those 266305's almost look like pistol bullets. (never heard of a 6.5mm pistol) With that fast twist Mauser barrel and a short stubby bullet all kinds of weirdness can happen. Who knows, it could be a laser beam, or it could be a shotgun. Only trying it will tell.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 405grain View Post
    Wow, those 266305's almost look like pistol bullets. (never heard of a 6.5mm pistol) With that fast twist Mauser barrel and a short stubby bullet all kinds of weirdness can happen. Who knows, it could be a laser beam, or it could be a shotgun. Only trying it will tell.
    "Of the three calibers available in the 1896 model Bergmann pistol, the 6.5mm No.3 was the most popular."

https://www.forgottenweapons.com/category/bergmann/

"...the No. 3 was in 6.5 mm"

https://www.americanrifleman.org/con...inary-pistols/

See a Bergman in action in Big Jake:
    https://www.amazon.com/Big-Jake-John-Wayne

https://www.imfdb.org/wiki/Bergmann_Pistols
    Last edited by Dutchman; 10-27-2023 at 02:09 AM.

Boolit Master

Arrived from Maplewood Bullets today. Pretty fast turnaround. $36 delivered for 100 pcs sized .268" lubed and gaschecked 101 grs. Pretty sure I'll do 8 grs Unique and seat the bullets to cover the bands since there'll be so much empty space to the rifling! They look excellent and I would recommend Maplewood if you ask.

There is data for this bullet in caliber 6.5x54 Mannlicher-Schoenaur in an older Lyman manual. They liked 2400 back then and a couple IMR powders. I have lots of Unique. Will try these first in 6.5x55 and maybe a couple in 6.5x50 Arisaka. If I had any Trailboss I might be inclined to use it for such a light load.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maplewoodSwede1.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	93.5 KB 
ID:	319466

http://maplewoodbullets.com

Dutch