Titan ReloadingWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Load DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders Jerky Lee Precision
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Witnesses

About Sodom and Gomorrah, anybody see the scientists saying the destruction was by an airburst reaching about 3000C temperature?

Boolit Buddy

Joshua chapter 2: 1-24

The Two spies that were sent in to Jericho deserve an honorable mention.

When the layers of the book of Joshua are Peeled back, it is easy to see end times stuff

True Alabama.
    That characteristic prophetic foreshadowing present in books of the bible is an amazing testimony to the hand of God guiding in detail the events of this reality we live within.

Boolit Bub
    Deuteronomy 17:6 is about "court proceedings" as it were, it has nothing to do with the two witnesses in Rev.
    In Mark 9:4 it's pretty plain that Moses and Elijah spoke with Jesus after He was transfigured.
    One school of thought is that the two witnesses spoke of in Rev. will be Moses and Elijiah, another school of thought thinks that it will be Elijiah and Enoch, (Enoch in Genisis 5:24, not the Enoch of the book of Enoch).
    In Hebrews 9:27 it says that man is appointed to die once, and after that to face judgement.
    In Deuteronomy 34:5>7 we have the death of Moses and his burial by God, Moses had his death.
    Both Elijiah and Enoch have not seen death, they were both "taken-up".
    Now, one can argue and say. "what about those who had died and were resurrected/brought back to life"?
    Jesus resurrected people, (so did Elijiah and Peter, God doing the resurrecting using them as His instruments).
    So, I would guess that those who were resurrected faced a human death a second time?
    Maybe, maybe not, we do know that those who were resurrected were ones who had only been dead a very short time, it's not like they had spent months or years in the grave.
    Anyway, we're not told how things worked out for them, If God thought we NEEDED to know He would have told us,
    Last edited by Bowdrie; Yesterday at 08:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by hoodat View Post
    Have you ever looked at Jesus saying to let things be established by two or three witnesses and applied it to events in scripture?

I guess I don't know were in scripture Jesus said this. I'm familiar with the Deuteronomy passage, and I think I understand it's importance. Two or three witness's lent more truth, especially in a time when folks were VERY connected and known to be honorable -- or not. Verse 8 also offers a "fail safe" clause for matters which are not as clear to go to a higher court.

jd
    You are correct sir. Jesus maintained the requirement but was not the individual recorded as saying it.
    Whether He is the being who authored it is quite another matter. In my mind He is.