MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxReloading Everything
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Things you wish your wife didn’t know about you

Boolit Master
    My Major in college was Hospitality/Hotel and Restaurant Management. I did internships at resorts and worked in restaurants from college to present day. She asked me to make the bed one day and without thinking I made the bed as I did during my internships. What I should have done was leave the pillows on the bed where they were and thrown the sheets over them and called it good. She also asked me to dice and onion and julienne green/red peppers for fajitas about a year ago. Took me all of 3 minutes start to finish. She then asked me why I watched her struggle for 30 minutes the last time we had fajitas. "It looked like good practice for you" was not the correct answer. Having grown up working on the family farm and in some auto shops, I do get tapped to do painting, hardware replacement, oil/brake changes, etc. Keeps me busy and active.

Boolit Master
    Not a fan of painting, but I’d rather do it than finish drywall.

Boolit Master

I try to fix things within my capabilities. She is my helper when I need it. It's a shared relationship. She does the things I am not good at i.e cooking, house cleaning. Not that I can't do it, just not very good at it. I get to do the dirty stuff. Seems to work for us.

gmsharps

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by cwtebay View Post
    My grandfather told me on my wedding day, volunteer to wash dishes every night. And make sure to break at least one thing every time you wash.
    Unfortunately, I think my wife also got that advice and has adhered more closely to it than I.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
    I tried that ... Now she makes me do the cooking and she does the dishes ...
    ... that didn't end like grandpa thought it was going to ... I wonder if grandpa cooked and didn't let on !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

When Betsy and I were just dating, I repaired a hole in the entryway ceiling that had been put there by a plumber to access the upstairs plumbing. We successfully paint together, and most of my handyman projects are acceptable. I asked her not to supervise; she does it anyway. I am permanently banned from washing the company dishes, and laundry.

Wayne
    What doesn't kill you makes you stronger - or else it gives you a bad rash.
    Venison is free-range, organic, non-GMO and gluten-free

Boolit Buddy

My daughter was looking for some side work so I have her painting a rental. She took her 2 year old son with her and when she wasn't looking he took his monster truck and rolled it over the freshly painted wall and then down across the floor.
    "Only the weak blame parents, their race, their times, lack of good fortune, or the quirks of fate. Everyone has it within his power to say, this I am today, that I shall be tomorrow. The wish, however, must be implemented by deeds." Louis L'Amour The Walking Drum

Owning an older home and having a big family I got practice with many "fixer-upper" type of projects. The Wife and I decided to sell last year and spent about four months making the place look good. All the hard work paid off. We accepted an offer about 10% over our asking price the first day it was on the market. Being handy not only saves you money, it can make you money. It can be time well spent.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Grand Master

I went this way with my wife and projects. When she wanted the front deck I was willing but told her Im going to need a miter saw and new drill motor. Another project was a drill press. One project was a welder. The drawback was few in her family had tools or were handy so I got volunteered a lot for their projects. Several of them were skilled they could break an anvil with a rubber mallet, I was way better off going and doing the job than loaning tools and then fixing what they broke. I learned this when one brought a mortising chisel back broken. ( not bent dull or chipped) I dont do painting or heights. I enjoyed the tasks and We always worked together on them.

Use these projects to stash away various power tools and toys. RHe wife is much more willing when its for something she wants done.

Graco 360 sprayer and the tape/paper rollers at HD. Now I can paint a room in 20 min once it's taped and the paper/taper rolls the taping out in about 20 min. Pop the trim/base/outlet covers and drop a canvas cloth on the floor up to the wall. The harbor fright canvas cloths are super cheap.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    Use these projects to stash away various power tools and toys.
    Getting to the point where I’m getting rid of some of the equipment I don’t foresee using anymore. Sold a pair of ladder quality ladder jacks last month for double what I paid 20 years ago. Haven’t used them in ten years and don’t plan to. 480 Ecco Brick saw, 14” table tile saw, miter saw, sold too. Coming from a full basement and a heated barn to a two car garage and no basement limits storage for stuff I don’t use any longer. If I don’t use something for five years, yeah I might could use it one day but not likely. That and being realistic about my physical limitations. Anymore I really have to think hard about starting a project.. Things I could do in a day ten years ago take a week now. So most of the big stuff is gone now, proceeds invested in components and the like. Gave both my daughters complete home tool kits and still have enough hand tools left to outfit each of the grandkids.

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Gator 45/70 View Post
    Mine would volunteer me to fix stuff for her friends, Chapped my you know what after 10 years of this we almost separated.
    I no longer get farmed out like a mule on his last legs. The history before her shall remain unspoken
    Country singer Eddy Arnold [Cattle Call] was by many accounts a very down to earth person. he was moving his lawn one day when a new resident to the neighborhood stopped her car and asked how me he would charge to mow her lawn. His reply was "The lady that lives here lets me sleep with her".
    Just a comment not a recommended plan of action.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze