RepackboxSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersLee Precision
Inline Fabrication Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Abandon ship the pirates are here

Banned
    I need to learn how to sell on E-bay,

I have at least 50 molds (many I don't have guns for, I did several bulk buys) I don't use and if I auction them off then I won't feel bad about price gouging.

Boolit Master

If fools are willingly paying that kind of money for a mold it's not piracy. It's good business.

The people aren't being forced to pay that kind of money.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Grand Master
    Dang!!! I sold mine here last week for $50

Boolit Master

$200 for 1k Federal SP primers ... on one of the forums I visit.
    God Bless America
    US Army, NRA Patron, TSRA Life
    SASS, Ruger & Marlin accumulator

Boolit Master

local guy has small pistol primers for sale at $100.00 per hundred. That is about typical around here for primers and powder. I can get you 4 lbs. of Varget for $100.00 a pound. Now don't everybody rush emails to me at once. Bargains like that don't come along except once in a lifetime.

Boolit Master
    It was a chance to get my money back, after shipping and fees, on things that I no longer use and paid a little too much for originally. Actually sold a little too early and wish I had a few more to sell. Really a bad time to buy if you need anything.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MrHarmless View Post
    I'm seeing Lee die sets go for upwards of 100 dollars. It's ridiculous to me that they're selling at those prices.

What really made me laugh recently was that every blackpowder firearm on one website I checked was sold out... People are out there so desperate to be armed they've strapped up with ye olde musketoons and pepperboxes.
    Or, maybe there is just a renewed interest in shooting in general as people become aware. Some of us like muzzle loaders and it doesn't come from a "desparation to be armed". Same thing for air rifles. In the end, the expanding interest is a good thing.

I wouldn't have payed that much for that mold, but then, I have a couple of 311284 molds. Best single design for the .30-06 I have found and if I needed one and that was what I had to pay, the mold will last forever. In the grand scheme of things, I could see spending that over a lot of the stupid things people waste money on.

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I cruised a pawn shop yesterday how about $60 for 50 357 and 95 for 45 Colts .
    7mm RM was priced like it was 264 WM and they were asking $380 for a sportered 8×57 and 250 for LCP that looked like it crawled in there across the Oregon trail in a bag of gravel .

I'm pretty sure the pirates are riding out the storm in some safe haven waiting for the fog to swoop in on all the this isn't what I had in mind unloaders to brace for the next storm . I know when it comes back I'm buying about a dozen each in popular dies sets and shopping arsenal packs of primers just to have them for the next time ..... Assuming we survive this this pack of clowns .
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I'm probably preaching to the choir, but anyone knows that when prices are down to stack high and deep. Prices were down semi-recently and that was the time to buy. Now is when we live off of what we stocked up with.

I think what we're seeing are folks who are panicking because they now see a need for firearms and they'll buy anything. But $1/primer? That's just nuts! People with more $ than brains pay that. Almost makes me wish I had stuff for sale but I need to feed my very useful, and enjoyable hobby and there's no telling when prices will come back down to normal again.

Boolit Master

$1 a primer?????

I really want a Grand Power Striborg. I could part with a brick of primers to get one!
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Buddy

This is Australian dollars and ships to australia only. No U.S. Things are different there.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have a few molds to sell. I can list them here and get a fair price, or put them on eBay and get a much higher price.
    Don Verna

Boolit Master
    Pretty much the way most of us happen to be. The other part of that question is, if you do sell them here, will they be "flipped"?

Boolit Master
    I just bought 3 bricks of cci std 22lr for $70 a brick.
    Last time it was $50

I think I will buy a very complicated to load single shot 22lr rifle and be done with it.

If I don’t waste my ammo I could be right for a while yet.

I recently sold an old beat up Lee breech lock press on e bay for $174.00+shipping.

Boolit Master

I have several unused presses, but have had inquiries about teaching a few friends to reload, so I will hang on to the presses in case they follow through.
    God Bless, Whisler

Boolit Master
    I threw down on a 4C mold on #$bay and got outbid almost immediately. I just let it ride and ended up getting it at the end for about what I would have paid for a MP or NOE mold.

It was higher than I wanted to initially pay but I'd been off and on looking for one for a couple years. I also bid on a single cavity that went for about $80. I figure that the 4c going for a touch more than a normal price wasn't too bad.

I totally agree though it's been almost a laughable matter trying to find anything reloading relates.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by BJK View Post
    there's no telling when prices will come back down to normal again.
    Never. This isn't limited to reloading stuff. Lots of tangible things are soaring in price.

Boolit Master

Gun shop I use most of the time offered me $170/brick for SPP that I have, 5 times what i bought it for from him.

Boolit Buddy

Seeing 223 go for .75 to over a $1 per round. 22LR highest I've seen so far .23 per round. Primers of all sorts going for $30 or more per hundred. Powder is Starting at $50 a pound. Saw one guy complaining about the prices and was really pi**ed off about the "gouging". One response he got was "If you don't plan ahead its not my problem." After the first "shortage" I went thru, I vowed never again. I have what I need to shoot when I want to.