RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: Are you ready for the Rapture?

Boolit Master
    "Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to annoint a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and build Jerusalem to the coming of the annointed one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time."

Daniel 9:24-25 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Buddy

Compare Scripture to Scipture for the whole story

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 12:11 KJV
    11 And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.
    The Midway point of the 7 Year point is 1,290 days (Tribulation)

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew 24:21-22 KJV
    21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
    But for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened... shortened to only 45 days of Great Tribulation?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel 12:12 KJV
    12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days..
    Blessed is he that makes it to the 1,335 Day mark... 45 days after the midpoint of 1,290 days (45 days of Great Tribulation before the Lord's elect are gathered)

Quote Originally Posted by Revelation 7:9&14 KJV
    9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands;.

14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.
    So, who are "The Elect" being gathered at the 1,335 day mark... from all kindreds and people and tongues that have just came out of Great Tribulation??

The Church, The Elect, The Justified , Born again Folks

Boolit Master
    CAN'T we all just STOP, thank whatever higher power we believe in for what already has BEEN, and tell them we'll be grateful for whatever WILL BE? I mean, if it's all as out of our hands as it is advertised to be, WHAT ELSE should we do?
    For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow. Ecclesiastes 1:18
    He that troubleth his own house shall inherit the wind: and the fool become servant to the wise of heart. Proverbs 11:29
    ...Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40

Carpe SCOTCH!

Boolit Bub
    Alabama, We already know from Daniel 12:11 that there will be 1290 more days after the anti-christ stops the sacrifices in the temple, and that the total time will be a full seven years.
    Ok, so follow me a bit on this.
    I will admit that I don't know if this is right or wrong, but it's something we can all roll-over in our minds a bit.
    In Rev. 6:12>14, (this is the 6th seal opening,) we're told about "a GREAT earthquake", the sun becoming black, and stars of heaven, (meteors?.) fall to earth, and then "Every mountain and Island were MOVED OUT OF THEIR PLACES.
    Can any of us even begin to imagine the force needed to do that? It's way beyond our comprehension.
    And after that in Rev. 8:12 we're told that both the day and the night, (sun and moon,) give-up a 1/3 of their light.
    So, that "might" mean that the "day" was only 8 hours long and the "night" was only 8 hours long, so you would have a 16-hour day instead of a 24-hour day?
    Now that would "shorten the days" "Unless the days be shortened,,,,,,,,,," Matt. 24:22.
    The earth would still go around the sun once a year, (365 days,) but each "day" would only be 16 hours long.
    As I said before, I'm not so sure about that hypothesis, or explanation, it's something that I've read/heard others write or say.
    Could giant meteor strikes and great earthquakes and mountains/islands moving out of their places change the rotation of the earth?
    Any of this obviously is supernatural by Gods hand, after all He made the sun stand still and the moon stop for a full day in Joshua 10.
    I do think there are many things that we'll never know, and Jesus did, (and probably said,) a LOT more than our Bible tells us according to John 21:25.
    Many have explained that the "extra" 45 days are at the end of the 1290 days from the midpoint.
    The idea being that no "Groom/Husband"" would carry/bring his new "bride" into a home that was totally ruined and demolished from seven years of catastrophes and death/blood everywhere.
    The "Groom/Husband" would need some time to clean-up the mess, get-rid of the evil ones, (separate the sheep/goats,) and recall all the Jewish people that have survived from around the world back to Israel, (less than 1/2 of the Jewish people in the world live in Israel today).
    Anyway, the wording of Daniel is that there is a full seven years and the "extra" 45 days is "tacked on" at the end of the seven years, (but not part of it).
    Lots to consider and think about, I'm glad none of it is a Salvational issue.
    I think that our big job is to "spread the Word" as best we can, and God will get the increase.
    Addition: One may think that theory/hypothesis I described as simple or childish, but if you give it some thought it's actually pretty profound.
    It comes from what Jesus did NOT say, He did not say the NUMBER of days would be shortened, He said the "Days" would be shortened.
    How do you "shorten" a day? You put less hours in it.
    I'm still trying to wrap my head around it, and I first read about it ~20 years ago.
    Last edited by Bowdrie; Today at 01:48 AM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh75287 View Post
    CAN'T we all just STOP, thank whatever higher power we believe in for what already has BEEN, and tell them we'll be grateful for whatever WILL BE? I mean, if it's all as out of our hands as it is advertised to be, WHAT ELSE should we do?
    You know, about all we can do is what we're told and these conversations really do boil down to disagreements about what we're told to do. For instance, we're told to not be deceived, to beware of worshiping the coming false messiah and to not premeditate what we will say when we are delivered up to it. At the same time of course we're told to not sweat it because our true creator is in control. And then you have many people who blow off what they're told to do because they think they will be flown out of here before they go through what our Father told them. And then there's a myriad variations in between, much of which looks a whole lot like marketing strategies rather than scripture.

Me myself I know that:
    This is the generation of the fig tree.
    We're about to enter into the third day.
    Father is in control.
    The devil will make its appearance.
    We will all leave these corruptible bodies one way or the other but relatively few people will do so in the transformation that occurs when Jesus returns.
    So reckon I'll be here as long as I'm here, here where we were told to go, are being provided for and hope to live in faith for the remainder of our days.

Quote Originally Posted by Kosh75287 View Post
    WHAT ELSE should we do?
    Watch. We are called to be watchers so watch! Keep your eyes open, watch and pray. Christ told us this more than once. Mark 13:23 ..I have foretold you all things......13:33 Watch and pray....13:37 And what I say unto you I say unto all, Watch.

If you don't watch...you just might miss the wicked one when he slips in...peacefully and prosperously. The Antichrist comes 1st....Watch...don't be deceived.
    Isaiah 45 - I AM the Lord and there is none else