Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingLee Precision
Titan ReloadingWidenersRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply RotoMetals2
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the Rapture?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Why Dispensationalism is Wrong,Unbiblical, and Deceptive!

https://youtu.be/WhXSrFLQ374?si=DHHhOd9zTKV2D7Zy
    That was a pretty solid video... The guy didn't get all weird or drop down any rabbit holes

One huge question about the great apostasy. Will believers in rapture theology become apostate when they are left to endure the great tribulation?
    I think your question is that... will believers (born again, folks believing on Christ instead of their on works as a Christian) be fooled by all the shenanigans that the False Christ will play in the end times. The answer is No.

Matthew 24:24
    24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

IF it were Possible... That is to say, that it is NOT POSSIBLE for a born again, spirit indwelled elect christian to get hoodwinked.

On the other hand the folks that are just playing Christian will stand in line to get deceived.

Boolit Bub
    Sorry, I felt I had to return to this thread.

We DO have proof of the rapture for all those who have been so deceived by Satan's lies.
    Darby was NOT some lunatic who "invented" the rapture.
    In reality he should be accorded respect for calling out the false teachings that the Roman Catholic church had been teaching and jamming into people for about 1,500 years.
    It's SO sad that today it's estimated that about 50% of the Church doesn't believe in the rapture.
    Satan has been successful in propagating the lies about Darby, that evil one has caused so many believers to think that they have to endure the unspeakable horrors that those 7 years will bring to earth, and by doing so he has robbed too many in the "Church" of the peace of knowing that we will not have to go thru that time.

Anyway, go thru all the verses that describe the "Second Coming", you see stuff like; The mountains shake, the earth trembles, lightning and thunder, the sky rolls back, AND EVERY EYE SHALL SEE HIM as He arrives on the scene with an uncountable number of angels to set foot on, and split the mountain and destroy the armies at Armageddon and save the Jewish remnant that finally "Calls upon Him who comes in the name of the Lord".

Now remember that after Jesus had risen, He was ONLY seen by BELIEVERS for the days He was on earth before He ascended.
    With this in mind, read John 14:3, and then Acts 1:11, and then Rev. 3:10.
    John tells us that He will welcome us into His presence.
    Acts tells us that He will come back THE SAME WAY YOU SAW HIM GO TO HEAVEN, NO drama, NO earth shaking, NO mountains trembling, AND ONLY BELIEVERS WILL SEE HIM WHEN HE CALLS FOR US.
    NO un-believers saw Him ascend, and NO un-believers will see Jesus in the clouds when He calls us, (the Church,) to Him.
    And in Rev. we are specifically told that we would be kept from the hour of trial that is coming on the WHOLE world.
    That verse in Rev is "Red Letter", it's Jesus speaking His own self, HE said that we as believers would NOT go thru the tribulation.
    Jesus said that unless the days were shortened that even the Elect would be deceived.
    For the Gentiles who accept the Lord during the tribulation there is no Petra to go to for safety, they will be killed or starve to death because they won't accept the mark to get food.
    The tribulation is judgement upon the world of un-believers both Jew and Gentile.
    During that time ~1/2 of the Gentiles WILL DIE, and ~2/3rds of the Jews WILL DIE.
    Put those numbers into proportion, do some math, it makes the likes of Hitler, Stalin, Pol Pot and Mao look like kindergarten bullies.
    Those guys killed many millions, the tribulation will kill perhaps 3 BILLION.
    Not many of those who accept the Lord during the tribulation will survive the horrors or the efforts of the anti-christ.
    If you don't believe what Jesus said in Acts 1:11 or Rev. 3:10, then by default you are believing that our Lord and Savior will just sit there in Heaven and watch most all of His Church/His Bride to be killed/starve/tormented by demons/bitten by scorpions and beheaded.
    And Jesus said in Rev. 3:10 that the rapture is Pre-Tribulation.

Boolit Bub
    Oh, and by the way, if you don't believe in a rapture then the next time you're trying to lead someone to the Lord, tell them that after the 1st horseman, (the anti-christ,) arrives and signs the covenant that the other 3 horsemen will bring war, (probably nuclear,) and famine and a bunch of other horrors, and pestilence from all the rotting bodies that will get buried with bulldozers, and there'll be no Walmart's, no electricity, no sewage, and no gasoline.
    And this is all BEFORE the anti-christ goes into the Temple.
    And then there won't be any buying or selling without the mark, and then you can tell them that without the mark they can watch their children and dogs die of starvation, and since they will have no money, they'll lose their home and can live in a cave and boil pinecones for food if they can find any clean water.
    Then tell them that their neighbors who have taken the mark will turn them in to the authorities, where if their "lucky" they'll just get their heads chopped off.
    And what about all the islands vanishing and the 100lb hailstones, the demons set loose, the sun that will burn-up everything.
    I could go on for pages, hopefully you'll have even 1/10th of an idea of what that 7 years is going to be like.
    If you told that person what they had all that to look forward to, do you think any of them would want to follow the Lord?
    And then you tell them that "those who endure" will be saved?
    Get real, those who think they'll just go in a bunker with some C-rations and "stick-it-out" are severely misguided.
    The "Bridegroom", (that's Jesus,) is NOT going to let His Bride/His Church/His Children all be slaughtered.
    Those who accept the Lord during the tribulation WILL have all that to look forward to.
    Last edited by Bowdrie; 04-30-2024 at 07:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bowdrie View Post
    Sorry, I felt I had to return to this thread.
    No reason to feel sorry... Happy to help

We DO have proof of the rapture for all those who have been so deceived by Satan's lies.
    Darby was NOT some lunatic who "invented" the rapture.
    In reality he should be accorded respect for calling out the false teachings that the Roman Catholic church had been teaching and jamming into people for about 1,500 years.
    Darby started off as a Catholic and quit them and joined the Plymouth Brethren and quit them and started his own program "The Exclusive Brethren" also a defender of the Calvinist doctrine.
    At its heart is the concept of predestination. Calvinists believe that, at the beginning of time, God selected a limited number of souls to grant salvation and there's nothing any individual person can do during their mortal life to alter their eternal fate.

The Exclusive Brethren the church Darby founded calls to mind where Christ said in Mark 12:38-40
    38 And he said unto them in his doctrine, Beware of the scribes, which love to go in long clothing, and love salutations in the marketplaces,
    39 And the chief seats in the synagogues, and the uppermost rooms at feasts:
    40 Which devour widows' houses, and for a pretence make long prayers: these shall receive greater damnation.

Doesn't really should like a guy that the Lord would send to fix all the lost souls... your mileage may differ

Now remember that after Jesus had risen, He was ONLY seen by BELIEVERS for the days He was on earth before He ascended.
    With this in mind, read John 14:3, and then Acts 1:11, and then Rev. 3:10.
    I inserted them below for your review... Nothing even resembles Pre-Trib teaching

And in Rev. we are specifically told that we would be kept from the hour of trial that is coming on the WHOLE world.
    So You can twist and contort "Hour of temptation" to mean "7 years of Tribulation-Great Tribulation-God's Wrath"? If so...WOW!

That verse in Rev is "Red Letter", it's Jesus speaking His own self, HE said that we as believers would NOT go thru the tribulation.
    It says nothing of the sort... That is probably why you didn't actually insert the actual scripture but chose to tell people what you want it to say...
    Just a point of fact, probably not a good idea to say "thus sayeth the Lord" when he really didn't. see actual scripture below

Jesus said that unless the days were shortened that even the Elect would be deceived.
    Again....says nothing of the sort. Your just making stuff up?
    What it actually says is " And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
    Nothing about the days being shortened to keep the elect from being deceived

And Jesus said in Rev. 3:10 that the rapture is Pre-Tribulation.
    I am not sure how you can make the hour of temptation a 7 year period... it is obviously the desperation of someone trying to make a scripture fit to a false teaching.

Revelation 3:10
    10 Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth.

Acts 1:11
    11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

John 14:3
    3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Matthew 24:22
    22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Boolit Buddy

Oh, and by the way, if you don't believe in a rapture then the next time you're trying to lead someone to the Lord, tell them that after the 1st horseman, (the anti-christ,) arrives and signs the covenant that the other 3 horsemen will bring war, (probably nuclear,) and famine and a bunch of other horrors, and pestilence from all the rotting bodies that will get buried with bulldozers, and there'll be no Walmart's, no electricity, no sewage, and no gasoline.
    And this is all BEFORE the anti-christ goes into the Temple.
    And then there won't be any buying or selling without the mark, and then you can tell them that without the mark they can watch their children and dogs die of starvation, and since they will have no money, they'll lose their home and can live in a cave and boil pinecones for food if they can find any clean water.
    Then tell them that their neighbors who have taken the mark will turn them in to the authorities, where if their "lucky" they'll just get their heads chopped off.
    And what about all the islands vanishing and the 100lb hailstones, the demons set loose, the sun that will burn-up everything.
    I could go on for pages, hopefully you'll have even 1/10th of an idea of what that 7 years is going to be like.
    If you told that person what they had all that to look forward to, do you think any of them would want to follow the Lord?
    And then you tell them that "those who endure" will be saved?
    Get real, those who think they'll just go in a bunker with some C-rations and "stick-it-out" are severely misguided.
    The "Bridegroom", (that's Jesus,) is NOT going to let His Bride/His Church/His Children all be slaughtered.
    Those who accept the Lord during the tribulation WILL have all that to look forward to.
    If I had my choice... I would choose the Pre-Trib easy way out every-time. BUT I cant find it in GOD's word and there doesn't seem to be anyone pushing that doctrine that can come up with any solid clear scripture to validate it.

And I see no reason to try and trick people and lead them to the Lord under false pretenses because it will be easier bring them in to the fold.
    I suppose if you were running a church and wanted to bring the membership numbers up as a means to increase the $$$ in the collection plate, one might toy with the idea of bending the Word to make it seem more appealing.
    Maybe, if one was trying to write a best selling book it might be profitable to try and make it as appealing as possible to increase its popularity.
    Usually false doctrine can be traced back to the Love of Money

John 8:32
    And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Boolit Bub
    Once again, Matt.24 is not about the rapture, it's a picture of the tribulation, that if Jesus didn't come to earth no one would survive, "But for the "Elect's" sake those days would be shortened".
    The "Elect" are the Jews surrounded in Israel/Jerusalem facing annihilation from the anti-christ armies.
    When they face that, then they will finally after 2,000 years call out for him as the Messiah to save them.
    They are His "Remnant" who remain, (along with the ones in Petra). That many others around the world who are not Jews survive is simply a consequence of His, (That's Jesus,) return.
    Yes, I made a typo in using "deceived", and when I didn't quote again the verse in Rev. 3:10 I assumed that anybody with a brain would know what verse I was talking about, I had already listed it before, and it was the only verse in Rev. that I used.
    You can rant all you want about Darby, but nobody can refute the differences between the "coming" of the Lord as told by the angels in Acts 1:11 and the "2nd Coming" of the Lord in Revelation.
    If one cannot see those differences they are truly blind.
    The early church knew all about the rapture from Paul, it was one of the "Mysteries" that he was shown, and he revealed to the church.
    Rapture theology was widely taught up until between 300>400AD, then the Romans took over the church and the "Church" became the "Roman Catholic" church, and it was in the best interests of the Satanic marriage between Church and State to suppress rapture teaching.
    When the "Roman" church could replace the teaching of a rapture away from tribulation with "Paying money to the church to escape tribulation" it brought in the dough hand-over-fist, the "Roman" church got all the gold, the statues, and the beautiful paintings and buildings they wanted, and the secular Govt. got a big piece of the action.
    That continued for centuries, do you think that Michaelangelo worked for free?
    It's only been in VERY recent times that many in the "Church" have been seduced by Satan into recanting their believe in the rapture or refusing to accept its Biblical support.
    When Darby, the Anglican priest finally called the Roman Church out on its suppression of rapture teaching after 1,500 years of indoctrination and brainwashing by the Roman church it was as if the veil had been lifted and true teaching once again started.
    Only a generation ago almost all Christians believed in it, but now in the "last days" we've got an increasing number of "church members" who have come under a delusion that Satan started over 1,500 years ago with the marriage of church and state.
    It was really not all that different from what the "church" had become when Jesus drove the "money changers" out of the Temple, the "money changers" didn't "change" money, they made a profit from the people who came to worship by selling sacrificial animals, (for sin forgiveness,) from doves to sheep/oxen at huge mark-ups.
    The Roman church did the same thing, but instead of selling animals for the sacrificial forgiveness of sin, they just said "Give us the Money", and we'll pray for you and get your loved ones out of purgatory, and you'll be saved from harm in the tribulation that God will be sending, (course that might cost a little more).
    Darby saw thru that BS 200 years ago, but now we have a resurgence of those who refuse to accept that God indeed has had different dispensational plans in the Bible.

Boolit Bub
    I would add that the word "Dispensation" comes from one or more groups being exempted from certain things, or giving out certain things to preferred groups.
    By 300>400AD, and continuing later, when Israel was long gone as a nation and its people scattered to the four winds, the Roman church just threw away the "Dispensations" of the Bible and claimed that all God had promised to Israel and the Jewish people were now to be incorporated as promises/dispensations to the "New Church" of Gentiles, which is the "Church of Rome" and its believers/followers.
    And thus it continued for 1,500 years,,, until Darby came along and up-set the Roman applecart.
    When Martin Luther nailed his writ to the door, he opened up the door for the Protestant Reformation, had he opined what Darby did he would probably not escaped with his life.
    But the Roman church didn't give up.
    When Father Serra went up the Ca. coast in the 1700s building missions, the "tireless work of converting the heathens to Christ" was the side-line that got the good press.
    Getting the Native Americans to work the fields, (Faith + works or money= Salvation,) it brought in the bucks with big crops to sell.
    Last edited by Bowdrie; 05-01-2024 at 03:11 AM.

Boolit Buddy

I would add that the word "Dispensation" ...
    Long on Talk (doctrines of men)...

Short on actual chapter and verse quotes directly from scripture (doctrines of the LORD)

You also didn't say if you believe the Calvinism doctrine. Where God has already picked the winners and the losers, that is to say those bound for glory and those that are heading to destruction...
    Those born to destruction can call on the name of the Lord and still not be saved?

Romans 10:13
    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Long on Talk (doctrines of men)...

Short on actual chapter and verse quotes directly from scripture (doctrines of the LORD)

You also didn't say if you believe the Calvinism doctrine. Where God has already picked the winners and the losers, that is to say those bound for glory and those that are heading to destruction...
    Those born to destruction can call on the name of the Lord and still not be saved?

Romans 10:13
    13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    You pose an interesting question, one that far more knowledgeable people than I have no doubt been pondering over for much longer than Calvin.
    From Scripture I believe that God has prior knowledge of any decisions we make, He gave us free will, but he already knows which way we would decide.
    I don't believe that God sits in Heaven and "decides" that "Joe will go to hell, and Ben won't".
    Wasn't it in Psalms that David writes that God knew us before we were born?
    Romans 10:13 is most certainly true, but that doesn't negate the fact that God already knows who the "whosoever's" are.
    Go back to the parable that Jesus said about the seed landing on different kinds of ground.
    And read what Paul wrote about "some plant and some water", and God gets the increase.
    We're told to preach the Gospel, (sow the seeds,) and help those who show interest, (water the seeds,) but we don't know the soil, (the heart,) of those who we sow to, that's where the Holy Spirit comes in.
    To put things in a lighter perspective, I'll quote a line from an old movie;
    "Heaven only knows Mr. Allison".
    We need to realize that for many things, "Heaven only knows" is the real truth.
    In Amos 3:7 we're told that God reveals His plans to His servants and prophets, but nowhere are we told that God would or will reveal all the smaller details.

Boolit Buddy

You pose an interesting question, one that far more knowledgeable people than I have no doubt been pondering over for much longer than Calvin.
    From Scripture I believe that God has prior knowledge of any decisions we make, He gave us free will, but he already knows which way we would decide.
    I don't believe that God sits in Heaven and "decides" that "Joe will go to hell, and Ben won't".
    Wasn't it in Psalms that David writes that God knew us before we were born?
    Romans 10:13 is most certainly true, but that doesn't negate the fact that God already knows who the "whosoever's" are.
    Go back to the parable that Jesus said about the seed landing on different kinds of ground.
    And read what Paul wrote about "some plant and some water", and God gets the increase.
    We're told to preach the Gospel, (sow the seeds,) and help those who show interest, (water the seeds,) but we don't know the soil, (the heart,) of those who we sow to, that's where the Holy Spirit comes in.
    To put things in a lighter perspective, I'll quote a line from an old movie;
    "Heaven only knows Mr. Allison".
    We need to realize that for many things, "Heaven only knows" is the real truth.
    In Amos 3:7 we're told that God reveals His plans to His servants and prophets, but nowhere are we told that God would or will reveal all the smaller details.
    It is a whole lot simpler then all of that philosophical speak.

(estimated numbers)

Christians - 31.6%
    Muslims - 25.8%
    Hindus - 15.1%
    Other - 27.5%

Assuming that all people who say they are Christians are saved (even the ones playing Christians) and you believed in Calvinism... then in essence you believe that God created 2/3s of the worlds souls for eternal torment and suffering with no chance of redemption and or salvation... for his amusement? That doesn't sound like my GOD

Furthermore, you would have to disregard everything that the Bible says about salvation... carrying that thought forward you would have to then question the need for Christ's death burial and resurrection because both saved and doomed were already decided before creation.

1 Timothy 2:3-4
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

If God would have ALL men to be saved... and he decided before creation the outcome of all souls, why would we need hell or the lake of fire? The rumor is that it has something to do with Free Will and being saved by Grace through Faith

When you combine faith in God's word, The Holy Spirit and critical thinking it is pretty easy to sort out false teachings.

So if Darby was a modern day prophet of God (as you say) anointed with the Holy Spirit sent to fix 1,500 years of false teaching... Then how could he get hoodwinked into this other garbage doctrine.

Boolit Bub
    Nothing I wrote was "philosophical", it was all simple and straightforward without any hidden meanings.
    I said nothing about God "deciding any outcomes", I said I don't believe He does.
    Yes, Tim2:3 is right, that doesn't mean all will be saved.
    God did give us free will, do you not think so? Adam had a choice, and he was created perfect.
    The angels who followed Satan had a choice.
    God gives everybody a choice, GOD DOES NOT CONDEMN ANYBODY, men condemn themselves by not choosing God.
    That God already knows the choice someone makes does not mean he pre-ordained that choice.
    God did not destroy Sodom/Gomorrah because of sin, He destroyed them because there were not enough righteous people to meet the bargain that He and Abraham had worked-out.
    Your last couple of sentences about Darby have nothing to do with what I wrote, I never said he was any kind of anointed prophet or any kind of prophet, that's just you once again running out of bounds.
    No, God did not create 2/3rds of the worlds souls for torment, I didn't insinuate or imply that at all.
    But, since you seem to have a reasonable grasp on connecting verses with books and chapters, perhaps you already know where that passage is where Jesus is talking about a wide road and a narrow road?
    It was something about many shall take the wide path, and few in number will take the narrow path, right?
    I think that passage may help you when you say something like, "that doesn't sound like my God".
    You seem to think that most of the mainstream preachers/teachers/scholars are just hucksters, maybe it's you who is conflicted and searching for what ain't there.

Boolit Master
    "For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words."

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Buddy

Nothing I wrote was "philosophical", it was all simple and straightforward without any hidden meanings.
    Maybe I was trying not to say noncommittal, fence-sitting and Lukewarm

I said nothing about God "deciding any outcomes", I said I don't believe He does.
    Try not to make this all about you... we were discussing Calvinism

Yes, Tim2:3 is right, that doesn't mean all will be saved.
    God did give us free will, do you not think so? Adam had a choice, and he was created perfect.
    The angels who followed Satan had a choice.
    God gives everybody a choice, GOD DOES NOT CONDEMN ANYBODY, men condemn themselves by not choosing God.
    Well that sounds almost like a condemnation of Calvinism

That God already knows the choice someone makes does not mean he pre-ordained that choice.
    I think most folks understand the difference between foreknowing and predestination/pre-ordained.
    Are you suggesting that Calvinist do not think salvation was predestination/pre-ordained?

God did not destroy Sodom/Gomorrah because of sin, He destroyed them because there were not enough righteous people to meet the bargain that He and Abraham had worked-out.
    I think a re-read of (Genesis 18) and (2 Peter 2) might clear that up for you

Genesis 18:20-21
    20 And the LORD said, Because the cry of Sodom and Gomorrah is great, and because their sin is very grievous;
    21 I will go down now, and see whether they have done altogether according to the cry of it, which is come unto me; and if not, I will know.

2 Peter 2:
    6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;
    7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
    Your last couple of sentences about Darby have nothing to do with what I wrote, I never said he was any kind of anointed prophet or any kind of prophet, that's just you once again running out of bounds.
    "Running Out of Bounds"

Well someone that God anoints with the Holy Spirit to correct 1500 years of wrong doctrine... To get the Bride of Christ back on track for when he returns to collect his elect... would actually be a prophet by definition.

Oxford Languages: 1. a person regarded as an inspired teacher or proclaimer of the will of God.

Unless you think Darby is just some worldly guy that wrote down his own doctrine for his own ends and was not of God?

But, since you seem to have a reasonable grasp on connecting verses with books and chapters, perhaps you already know where that passage is where Jesus is talking about a wide road and a narrow road? It was something about many shall take the wide path, and few in number will take the narrow path, right?
    I was actually going to use that bible verse to prove my point.
    Matthew 7:13-17
    13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
    15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

I wonder who these modern day false prophets/teachers/scholars are?

I think that passage may help you when you say something like, "that doesn't sound like my God".
    I think you misunderstood me... I think GOD will condemn 2/3 of mankind and probably many more to eternal torment, but not because he pre-ordained (predestination ) it before creation but because THEY have chosen death over life by rejecting Christ

You seem to think that most of the mainstream preachers/teachers/scholars are just hucksters, maybe it's you who is conflicted and searching for what ain't there.
    Mainstream worldly preachers... (a bit off topic so I will just say)

1 John 2:15-16
    15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
    16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

Psalms 119:19
    19 I am a stranger in the earth: hide not thy commandments from me.

Try being a stranger to this world and the clarity of HIS Word may change for you.

Boolit Bub
    You should have kept reading further down in Genesis.
    Read Genesis 18:22>32, you'll see that what I said was right, God did indeed strike a bargain with Abraham.
    Had God found even ten righteous He would not have destroyed the cities.
    Anyway, the title of this thread is; "Are you ready for the Rapture".
    And I can answer the question posed as the original reason for this thread; YES, I'm ready for the Rapture.
    For those who don't believe in it, maybe they should start their own thread instead of mocking those who do.

Boolit Buddy

You should have kept reading further down in Genesis.
    Read Genesis 18:22>32, you'll see that what I said was right, God did indeed strike a bargain with Abraham.
    Had God found even ten righteous He would not have destroyed the cities.
    God destroyed the two cities because they were dens of wicked filthy sodomites ... He was on his way to burn them down when Abraham tried to intervene and get God to repent, the decision to destroy them had already been made before any of the Bargaining began

But give Abraham credit, he did a pretty good job of negotiating and got God to commit that if he could find just ten that were not filthy wicked then he would spare them but... Sodom was so deranged and wicked that the towns men came and tried to break down Lot's door and rape the two angels that the Lord had sent...

You said and I quote..."God did not destroy Sodom/Gomorrah because of sin, He destroyed them because there were not enough righteous people to meet the bargain that He and Abraham had worked-out."
    That is possibly the most far-fetched thing that I have ever heard and it reeks of a LGBTQ2S+++++ Appeasement doctrine

Not destroyed because of sin???? (mocking is sometimes a tool to try to illustrate how ridiculous something is)

Anyway, the title of this thread is; "Are you ready for the Rapture".
    And I can answer the question posed as the original reason for this thread; YES, I'm ready for the Rapture.
    For those who don't believe in it, maybe they should start their own thread instead of mocking those who do.
    If you are under the impression that I do not believe in The Rapture then this has been an epic communication failure on my part. .

I believe exactly what Christ said in Matthew 24... We will be gathered up after the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet.

So to be clear...raptured-snatched-gathered, post Tribulation and shortly after the Great tribulation... just as Christ said when ask by "The Church" not "The Jews" but The Church

Post Tribulation, shortly after the Great Tribulation, but Pre-Wrath
    Shortly beyond the 1/2 way point of the 7 year period... Just as Christ says in Matthew 24

I know you said... Matthew 24 is for the Jews but that was right after you agreed that there is no difference between the Jew and the Gentile.
    You offer no supporting Chapter and verse scripture but just offer your opinion and regurgitated Darby talking points

So to answer the question...yes I too am ready for the Rapture.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    You offer no supporting Chapter and verse scripture but just offer your opinion and regurgitated Darby talking points
    So to answer the question...yes I too am ready for the Rapture.
    That's wonderfull, glad you're ready cause it ain't long in coming.
    You're just off on your timelines, it's ok you'll be in for a bigger surprise when it happens.
    Here's the deal Alabama, I'm now an old man, been a believer for well over 60 years, remember my parents taking me to Billy Graham crusades as a kid.
    In all those years I've heard/seen a lot of different preachers and viewpoints from churches with 2,000 people and churches with 40 people.
    And I've seen how the word has been changed in its presentation over all those years.
    Am I some expert on the Bible? No Way, No How, No Sir, but thru the years I've managed to grasp a few things.
    One of them is that under rigorous examination/cross examination, the viewpoints of the rapture taking place after the signing of the "covenant" do not hold up, there's just too many holes in those views that can't be plugged up.
    There will never be anything that I can say, or some verse to quote that will make you change your mind, I can only say that the timeline you defend puts you in a very small minority of believers.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZJQ4XGDQyI

Boolit Buddy

There will never be anything that I can say, or some verse to quote that will make you change your mind, I can only say that the timeline you defend puts you in a very small minority of believers.
    It gladdens my heart to have you say that I am in a very small minority...
    Most folks want to roll with whatever is popular and worldly mostly because they either do not want to put in the study time in to sort things out for themselves, or they may think they don't have the capacity to understand the complexity's of Bible scripture and look for someone to tell them what it means (this is one of the most dangerous scenarios, think of a time when the catholic church would burn people alive for even having a bible because the church needed to tell the uneducated folks what scripture said and meant)... and then there is the fear of rejection for being on the outside of group-think.
    All of those paths usually lead away from the narrow strait (or narrow path) to truth and glory.

If I am fortunate enough to be here for the end show... I think there will be many thumb sucking saved crybabies... bellyaching that "they were told" that they were not suppose to be here for any of the bad stuff and will need comforted because they were not emotionally prepared for "the Tribulation" and "Great Tribulation" spoken of by Christ.
    Since we will not be able to buy or sell without the mark... I am considering putting up a few cases of tissues for my pre-trib brothers and sisters.

Matthew 7:13-14
    13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
    14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Luke 13-24
    24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Romans 12:2
    2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

1 Corinthians 3:18
    18 Let no man deceive himself. If any man among you seemeth to be wise in this world, let him become a fool, that he may be wise.
    19 For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God. For it is written, He taketh the wise in their own craftiness.

John 15:18-19
    18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
    19 If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

1 John 5:5
    5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

Boolit Master
    In the world wide Christian community, rapture theology is mostly an American doctrine.

Boolit Buddy

In the world wide Christian community, rapture theology is mostly an American doctrine.
    How many countries have you actually traveled to that would cause you to form that opinion?
    Or, is that something you read on the internet?

Boolit Bub
    There is not one single sentence in Matt. 24 which can be ascribed to a rapture event.
    There is no "there" there, and you can't find a rapture in Matt.24.
    The verses 40 and 41 are NOT about a rapture, those verses come AFTER Jesus returns physically.
    Look at verse 39, Who were taken away? Jesus says who are taken away, THE BAD PEOPLE WERE TAKEN AWAY, just like in the days of Noah when the bad people were taken away.
    In verses 40 and 41 THE BAD PEOPLE ARE TAKEN AWAY.
    Verses 40 and 41 are those who have taken the mark and they are removed.
    You'll also notice in verse 31 that the angels gather the elect from the four winds, from one end of heavens to the other.
    The angels are NOT gathering the elect from earth.
    The angels are gathering the elect from heaven, why? To bring them down to earth.
    And when Jesus said. "Upon this rock I will build my church,,,,,,,,," you might notice He used the word "Will", the word "will" denotes a future event, there was no "church" while Jesus was still alive.
    The "Church", or the "Church Age" did not start until Jesus rose from the tomb, any many would say that the "Church" did not start until 50 days later when the Holy Spirit descended upon the gathered disciples in Jerusalem.
    Trying to use Matt 24 as a rapture happening somewhere between the abomination and Christ's return to earth is false doctrine.
    Last edited by Bowdrie; 05-03-2024 at 06:19 PM.