MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Romanian AK-47s

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska

Romanian AK-47s

Has anyone had any experience with Romanian made AK-47s? Are they any good or are they best to stay away from?
    Thanks

Boolit Mold
    Original Romanian made or rebuilds? I have an original and i have no complaints about the quality.

Boolit Buddy
    I think the Wasr 10/63 is one of the best AKs build aside from Veprs and Saigas which Aden obviously Russian. I have 5 Romanian AKs and have never had a failure

Boolit Buddy
    Most under rated tool on the ak market . Wasr 10 platform, most of them look like they were made from ply wood and a pair of pliers, but they were built in a country that knows how to build them...

Buy one and don't regret it.
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Banned

The SAR-1,2,3 are good ban era rifles. The Wasr were the bottom of the barrel as Century takes a single stack gun and cuts a new magwell and welds in plates in the side of them. I had all 3 of the SAR rifles and they were great rifles. The Wasr rifles I seen were not that great.

Honestly all stamped reciever AK's are basically the same it's all how well they are assembled some will have more wobble than some others
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Master

The newer WASR-10's are a far cry from what they were 10 or more years ago. My first was a total ***. Canted sights, gritty trigger, sloppy unreliable action. I sold it and got a new one 8 or so years ago. MUCH better. Now with the Tapco G2 trigger, straight sights, smooth action, and generally much better. Paid $500 for it. With I had bought 2-3.

Boolit Master

Only downside is mine has a welded muzzle brake. I hear that hey don't all have this, but mine does. No suppressor for this one. Not that Ak's suppress worth a damn anyway.

Boolit Master
    I remember when those Romy parts kits were everywhere. Those barrel pins were a beast to push out of the trunnion. The Hungarian AMD 65 parts kits made a nice rifle too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic_Charlie View Post
    I remember when those Romy parts kits were everywhere. Those barrel pins were a beast to push out of the trunnion. The Hungarian AMD 65 parts kits made a nice rifle too.
    I agree I don't think we'll ever see them again for 75-100 bucks again . They were fun to build
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

Boolit Buddy
    Love(d) my Wasr 10 but had to give it up. Was reliable as any AK and far more so than any AR I have.

Boolit Buddy

I bought several of Romanian parts guns a long time ago and built my last one a few months ago. I have never had another AK. I used US made receivers, other parts to be compliant with regs. So I don't know if they count as Romanian guns. That said, they run well, and a lot of fun. The chrome lined barrels are a joy to take care of.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oconeedan View Post
    I bought several of Romanian parts guns a long time ago and built my last one a few months ago. I have never had another AK. I used US made receivers, other parts to be compliant with regs. So I don't know if they count as Romanian guns. That said, they run well, and a lot of fun. The chrome lined barrels are a joy to take care of.
    The barrels were the most valuable part of the parts kit. So when they banned the barrels they pretty much killed the hobby.

Have an original and it is the most accurate AK (if that even matters) that I have ever shot!! That includes original Russian class III!! Buy one!!
    fools rush in where angels fear to tread...Alexander Pope

I had the scaled up PSL version and it was a good albeit too wierd for me rifle. Accurate, too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk