Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataWideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything

Thread: True Blue in a 454

True Blue in a 454

I have been using H110 but a pound is short lived and they were out of HS6 ( my favorite powder for a 44) so I thought I would give this a try. I have never used it but it was $3 a pound cheaper than H110 so I thought I would try it.
    I am putting it under a 340 grain gas checked powdercoated hollow point. I just wondered what types of accuracy and velocities folks were getting with similar loads.

Boolit Master
    If you don't have Western Powders reloading manual, buy one. If any of their powders are suitable for a cartridge, it's in there. If not, it's not. Pay particular attention to the primers they use for their double-base powders, many of which are graphite coated. Too cool a primer will result in hang fires or misfires. Not pleasant with 40 gr powder behind a 400 gr cast bullet in a 45-70. When I got the round home, I pulled the bullet, and poured out the powder. When I hit the case mouth against my palm, a chunk of charcoal about the size of a hat pin head came out. The burn started, but didn't have enough heat to complete.

I am just wondering how well it works in this particular caliber and weight range. To save myself some waste of time and material if it’s not a particularly good combo.

Boolit Buddy
    Accurate powder lists loads for True Blue in the .454

http://www.accuratepowder.com/load-data/

Paul

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Norske View Post
    If you don't have Western Powders reloading manual, buy one. If any of their powders are suitable for a cartridge, it's in there. If not, it's not. Pay particular attention to the primers they use for their double-base powders, many of which are graphite coated. Too cool a primer will result in hang fires or misfires. Not pleasant with 40 gr powder behind a 400 gr cast bullet in a 45-70. When I got the round home, I pulled the bullet, and poured out the powder. When I hit the case mouth against my palm, a chunk of charcoal about the size of a hat pin head came out. The burn started, but didn't have enough heat to complete.
    Thank you for the heads up about primers

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk