WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataRepackbox
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plinking ??

Moderator Emeritus

I put about a dozen soda cans in a row on a berm for my nieces first time shooting. Ages 13 and 11. Cans were barely standing up so they moved when hit. The girls had a blast starting with a pellet rifle, 22 Ruger, 9mm Beretta pistol and carbine, 45acp, 45lc, and a .410. Think I made some converts. Good luck.
    Ron

Boolit Man
    I prefer to plink. I lb propane bottles when empty make great plinking targets. With a 22 pistol you can shoot em for hours without putting a hole in one. And they move every shot. I also have a small collection of steel and rubber targets. The .38 and others take that lp tank to shreds after the .22 fun. Use gloves to pick up a shot up tank as the are very sharp.

Boolit Buddy
    We use clay pigeons for much of our plinking at gravel pits. Also some pop cans, swinging steel plates, spent shotgun shells.

Casual shooting at reactive targets at unmarked distances. We plink with everything: .22LR, pistols, .44mag, M1Carbine, bolt rifles, M1Garand, lever actions, and shotguns. There is almost always competition but it is friendly and fun.

Boolit Master

For all those shooting cans, I have seen no comment about cleaning up the cans. I think the only place glass should be shot is at a personal range or at an offical trash dump. If you want to shoot glass on your property i'm fine with that. We should not be shooting glass a public ranges and leaving it where some one could get cut.
    We should all leave the range as clean or cleaner than we found it. Thar includes paper and plastic as well.

Boolit Buddy
    Cleaning up should be a given regardless of what you shoot unless it is biodegradable and not something that will rot and go foul.

Just like you didn’t see any mention of picking up brass, but that too should be an automatic task.

Boolit Master
    Turning dirt clods into dust.

Plinking is going shooting for no other reason than to have fun.
    And you never shoot glass.

Moderator Emeritus

Agreed, especially when we shoot on my property

It's just one of fun parts of a the annual family picnic binding grandparent, parents and all the kids by recycling soda cans.
    "An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out." Will Rogers

Boolit Grand Master

Informal target shooting done for pleasure at non standard targets such as tin cans , glass bottles , water filled plastic bottles or any other home made or naturally occurring targets of opportunity.
    Generally done not at a formal shooting range but at home , in a gravel pit , river bed or , our favorite place, the local trash dump .
    Never shoot at signs...that's just tacky !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master

I think I will just show her this thread

As all of you have good ideas

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat