RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRepackboxInline Fabrication
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: S&W Shield

Boolit Master

Just to let everyone know I bought the safety model and really like it I was somewhat surprised how well it handled the recoil and it shoots better that expected. The trigger is a little rough but getting better and just received a mold from Tom at accurate the 45 200 E I think his favorite mold for the 45 ACP. I am surprised how thin the grip is and that will take some getting used to but I see that Houge makes a grip for it a little more hand filling may look into that some time in the future. That's for everybody's reply there was a lot of good useful info here.

RB

Boolit Master
    I bought a 9mm w/s in April, got my check last week.
    I also have a .40. Had to drift sight on .40 to get it to shoot poi/POA. Didn't have to with 9.

.40 mags work with 9.
    I carry the .40, shoot the 9.

I had a $100 gift card at Academy and gun was on sale. I now have about $100 in it!
    They shoot just fine with cast, however, the 6-shot mag won't feed the Lee .40" 150gr SWC, but the 175gr TC works great.
    If the slide goes all the way back, the 9 feeds it.
    The .40 replaced a .380 BodyGuard, that replaced a KelTec .32. I still have the .380, and I carry the .32 in a slide holster when I go walking...
    I really like the Sheilds. Even better with the rebate.

Boolit Grand Master
    I now have 270 + rounds through mine--150 115 FMJ's, about 30 124 grain FMJ's and about 90 odds and ends, leftovers in boxes with out nary a malfunction. Mixed hollow points? No problem.
    I am still underwhelmed by the need to use a mechanical loader to fill a magazine and the trigger is nothing to write home about, but it shoots. For a 300 dollar pistol, it shoots pretty darn well. I am starting to think it is time to spend some money and order an Apex trigger set up for it. I'm starting to think that if you can get one with the rebate, you should. They are awfully good at that price point.
    When I get back to the USA, I will have to get an M&P and give it a try.
    _________________________________________________It's not that I can't spell: it is that I can't type.

Boolit Buddy
    Bought Shield 9 back in May, submitted for rebate same day, received this week.

Gun is good, looked at a thumb safety model, too small and stiff. Trigger is heavy and long, fairly smooth though, lives in a holster. Find it quite accurate <4" groups at 25yds are possible. Throat seems a little on the short side. Mags were stiff got easier, never needed a tool. Slide stop is stiff but has eased. As a cheap gun for EDC I am very pleased with it.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

Received rebates on first two guns, at least I hope it was the first two guns. At this rate I should receive the rebates on the next two within 2-3 weeks.

As luck would have it, older son and grandsons and I went to the range yesterday and gave one 9 and two 45's a good workout. No problems with hardball and an assortment of reloads. All reloads for the 45's were deep seated H&G 68's from a MP mold. I had already used the 45 bbl to plunk test and had to very slightly reseat the boolits. Since they were light loads to begin with I wasn't too concerned about a very small reduction in powder space.

I gave one of the 45's to this older son and will pass one of the 9's to the younger son. Seems strange to refer to them as the "older" and the "younger" since they are 48 & 46 years old. Both grandsons are in college so don't get to spend much time with them.
    John
    W.TN