Reloading EverythingLoad DataSnyders JerkyWideners
RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tigger my main cat passed away today

Moderator Emeritus

Tigger my main cat passed away today

I raised Tigger from a tiny kitten who fit in my hand. Full grown he was 22 pounds! He started having thyroid problems 2 years ago and it finally caught up with him. He had a bad seizure Thursday morning, he had came upstairs to find me, walked into my bedroom and flopped in front of me having the seizure. After it he was unable to move much, he could somewhat wave his paws and just barely move his head so it damaged something internally.

I put him on his blanket on his favorite chair, dribbled in water and food mixed with milk but he was to far gone. Today at 2pm he managed to raise his head a little, looked at me and gave me a weak meow like he was asking if he could leave. I told him if it was time to go we would meet again and he gave his kitty smile and passed away with me scratching his ears.

I have a hole ripped in my heart, I had bonded with him far more than any other pet I have had. he acted more like a dog than a cat and seemed to be able to read my mind. I miss him greatly.

Boolit Mold
    Sorry for your loss, I'm sure you have many great memories that will carry you through the hard times .

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Sorry for your loss and peace be with you. I know it would tear me up if I lost my little Princess kitty. We shall see them again, thank the Lord for that. We shall all be together once again.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

I've had dogs all my life, some were better than others.
    Several meant the world to me.
    Just 2 days ago my Husky was shot and killed by my neighbor.
    Said he watched her kill 3 of his free range chickens, if so I can't blame the man.
    But he said he watched her kill 3 chickens before he decided to shoot her.
    Why wait for her to get even 2, why not chase her off and tell me to do something.
    Said she walked up to him before he shot her.
    I can understand protecting whats yours , but being neighbors I would think he would yell at me and want compensation for the chickens.
    I offered to pay damages but he said the hens were old and not of much use.
    He probably was within his rights, but that doesn't make it any easier, she was a helluva good dog and will be missed.

Moderator Emeritus

I have had 4 dogs, and 7 cats...

Tigger somehow was my soul match, literally we could read each others thoughts on things. He was mostly silent and only meowed at me if I was purposely ignoring him. His favorite spot was the back of my desk chair where he would just hang out with his head on my shoulder. If my neck or shoulder was sore he would bring more of his body down to wrap against it then he would purr. Heat and his purr was a great muscle relaxer!

He also played fetch. I use a lot of distilled water brewing (I need to get an RO water system) and the tear off rings from the jugs were his favorite toys. They would bounce and roll weird and had a tab he could grab with his teeth to bring one to me. He would drop it next to my chair for me to pick up then toss. If I had empty boxes to toss it in he had a blast hunting it. As I said he acted more like a dog than a cat! He would meet me at the door when I got home and he had to sniff my hands to see what I had been doing or touching...

Perma-Banned

Sorry to hear this...they sure do get under our skin...all the way to our heart.

Boolit Buddy

I( am sorry for your loss. Others have said things better than I can. They do leave a hole in our hearts. But they are well worth the sadness of their passing.
    OeldeWolf
    who may yet be kicked out of the Republik of Kalifornia for owning too many firearms.

I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain, to eat only vegetables!

Go to the local cat rescue place, find a kitty that you connect with and adopt it. It helps fill a void. Cats will react to the caretaker, and will fit right in. Tigger looks like our Scooter that is just over 1 yo. He was bottle fed by us along with his (2) siblings, they were adopted out. Been in your place many times. Filling the void helps. And it gives another kitty a home.
    Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
    All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
    They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.
    You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.
    Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
    Author unknown...

Boolit Buddy
    Sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts, I lost a great dog last summer. Animals are fantastic and it rips a chunk out of us when we lose one. So sorry.

Boolit Master

I am so sorry that you lost your Tigger. We still have a hole in our hearts from loosing our Stinky in 2003. The good news is that we have a new only child - Jimmy. Thoughts and prayers with you. I hope Tigger is there waiting for you when you get there
    Being human is not for sissies.

Boolit Bub
    My Smoochie R(otten)Cat and I grieve with you!

Banned

We had great cats and my little dog loved them. It hurt to lose them. Seems cats have more problems.
    It took years to be a cat person since I was very allergic to them. Then I got immune enough to love them.
    Sorry for your loss Mary. They are family.

Sorry for your loss. Remember the closeness and maybe it will ease the lose a little.
    Paper targets aren't your friends. They won't lie for you and they don't care if your feelings get hurt.

Banned

Sorry for the loss, Mary. We're cat people too, just before we got married, we picked out a little Tuxedo kitten the day after his eyes opened, took him home when he was old enough and all of us started a life together. My wife bonded with him like you and Tigger. Anyway, we had him 17+ years and he traveled all over with us, went through all the family changes of having two babies in the house and when he got old, he really mellowed out; liked human attention a lot more than ever before. I came home and found him in real bad shape one day and when we took him to the vet, got the verdict and we all went in when they put him down. Sad times for the family, but, almost exactly a year later, a maintenance worker at the city office where my wife works brought it this pathetic little flea infested stray who was a tuxedo kitten that was the spitting image of the old one asking someone to call the city shelter. Obviously, that wasn't gonna happen. He's our favorite cat now, almost ten years later and has a lot of the same little personality quirks as the old one, we both even mistakenly call him by the old cat's name now and then.

Pets do get into your heart. I hope when the grief subsides a little, you get another good one.

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Sorry to hear of your loss Mary. Wife & I both have cats for our pets, and both of us have a favorite one as well. They are a member of the family and I truly believe both you and the both of us will meet them on the other side.

God Bless! jcwit
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Banned
    Very sorry for your loss. I've been there many times and it still hurts.

I give my pets the best life I can and take some relief in knowing that I did give them a good life. Unfortunately, we outlive them so we are the ones that suffer when they're gone.

Take comfort in knowing that Trigger was never hungry, cold or otherwise uncomfortable during your watch.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    Very sorry for your loss. I've been there many times and it still hurts.

I give my pets the best life I can and take some relief in knowing that I did give them a good life. Unfortunately, we outlive them so we are the ones that suffer when they're gone.

Take comfort in knowing that Trigger was never hungry, cold or otherwise uncomfortable during your watch.
    This is how I try to feel when we loose one. It still hurts. I'm sorry for your loss. Its like loosing a family member. Tigger looked like a Handsome Fellow!

Boolit Master

From your past discussions I had taken a special notice of Tigger and honestly I have often thought of him and his plight when I was with my own cats so his touch had extended a lot farther than maybe you imagined, I had truly hoped he would recover but some things are just not to be however.

Sorry for your loss
    Statistics show that criminals commit fewer crimes after they have been shot

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    Very sorry to hear that your Tigger passed MaryB. Thoughts and prayers your way. As hard as it is to loose a pet, remember what a loving home you provided and that that love was returned to you many fold. Over the years, my wife and I have lost many pets that we loved dearly - they were our "kids" and none of them can ever be replaced . . . but remember there is a special one still out there that needs your love and a good home . . . and I have a feeling that Tigger will have a hand in getting the two of you together. Our thoughts are with you.