Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad DataLee Precision
MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP mold 359-125 HP PB

Boolit Mold

MP mold 359-125 HP PB

New to casting, Has anyone tried this mold? How dose it shoot? I have 3 9mm's
    I would like to try this bullet in. Thanks Skip

Skip, I have the solid version with BB, shoots like a dream in my 1911.
    The bearing surface is long enough to make it a very accurate boolit, and the shape makes for easy feeding.

A box stock springfield range officer eats them like candy. My 50ft nra bullseye load.

[IMG][/IMG]

The misses likes to use them in her pt111 g2 pocket 9mm.
    [IMG][/IMG]

It's my favorite bullet for the 9mm's.

Boolit Mold
    That's looking good, if you don't mind what powder do you use with that bullet? Thanks

Banned

This is one of his greatest molds he offers. Works well in 38 spec and 357 mag.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rykers View Post
    That's looking good, if you don't mind what powder do you use with that bullet? Thanks
    Just looking at the upper right corner of the target in the picture, looks like he used 5.0 grains of Winchester WST...

Boolit Mold
    Thanks I Ordered the mold this morning. Don't know how I missed the 5g of wst.

Yes that's a great mold. There are at least 20 good powders that you could use for it, depending on the load you want. What do you have?

Boolit Mold
    I have a sig p226 west German , Beretta 92s, and a Glock 26 not sure where to start but I,ll probably start with the Beretta. I have about 20 lbs of sr 4756 and some blue dot. I haven't loaded cast bullets before. I used Unique when I loaded fmj. What do you like? Thanks Skip

Your Unique works well, and SR4756 may also. Blue Dot can be forced to work but isn't ideal for the 9mm, it's a little on the slow end in burn rate, and bulky.

For light loads I use a lot of Bullseye or Clays. For moderate loads I like WSF or SR7625, and +P stuff is all Silhouette or Autocomp.

With this MP mold I use a lot of Clays in a subsonic load, and Silhouette in a +P+ load that does ~1300 fps from a Glock 19.

Boolit Master

feel free to add your favorite load to this thread:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-125gn-HP-mold

Boolit Mold
    I received my mold today. 10 days from Slovenia to Oregon Amazing. I can't wait to try it out.

Boolit Master

you're going to like it.
    did you get the penta-pins?

Boolit Mold
    Yes both sets of pins and the blanks for solids. This mold is a work of art!
    Miha has his molds on sale this month.

Quote Originally Posted by rykers View Post
    I received my mold today. 10 days from Slovenia to Oregon Amazing. I can't wait to try it out.
    Hmm, he sent one to me in Oregon last week too! I've been heat cycling it a few times, haven't cast with it yet. It is so lovely it will be hard to use it.

Started casting with this mold after several hours of heat cycling and holding at 350° and I'm having some troubles. Wasn't filling out the base very well all the time. Seemed like I was running too cold so I kept turning up the pot temp, but results didn't quite match expectation, and at times adding lead which made the pot get very cold didn't seem to cause the rounded bases any more than already had been. I tried very large sprues which did seems to help a little but was awkward and slow.
    Also, was very displeased to find lead sticking to my new mold. Also sticking to the pins around the gap between the pin body and the mold. So, brass molds are kicking my *** somewhat. Today I'm gonna try to clean it up with bees wax and try again.
    Last edited by Drew P; 02-20-2017 at 12:35 AM.

Here's a few good pills I got, but notice the flashing around the noses? This is where lead was creeping into pin clearances.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3581.jpg   IMG_3582.jpg  

Try loosening your sprue plate to help base fillout. If that works, you can also stone a small bevel on the top inside edge of each block to vent the bases better.

In my experience a little flashing on the noses of these is normal. It doesn't always happen, but is nothing to be concerned about unless it's much more severe than what your pics show.

Boolit Buddy
    In my mp mold the pins have two different sides that the slides screw into. One side is counter sunk the other isn't. It's is also important to note with the slides fully tightened into the pins you will not get the mold halves to close correctly. I seat mine by hand lightly then back off about 1/2 turn so they can naturally find their home. Now my mold closes correctly when held up to light and I haven't had lead find its way In between the pins since. Just something to try. It worked for me.

In other words you run the pin's pins a little loose?