Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingWideners
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: Is this for a BP gun?

Is this for a BP gun?

I bought a big lot of reloading and gun stuff from an auction house and these peep sights were included. Can anyone help ID them for me? They're going up for sale. I've seen these sights mostly on long range BP rifles so I'm posting here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3399.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	175174
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Boolit Grand Master

Yes its a mid and or long range sight. Some are very high dollar. The one you have is not. They sold for about $80.00

https://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/883/2

Boolit Grand Master

A mid range sight will be 3-3 1/2" tall staff and the long range 5" or a little more. Most mid range will gety you to 700-800yds depending on caliber Long Range closer to 1200-1300yds. They can be very accurate and useable. The bases are normaly rifle specific due to Tangs length radious angle and hole spacing. A nice find there

Perfect! Thanks for the insight.
    Visit my page at www.echoarms.com for casting, reloading, and firearms accessories as well as FFL services in Southern California.

Like my Facebook page: Echo Arms

Yup, they come on a Pedersoli rifle. I threw one out in the weeds with out taking the screws out one day at the range and used the barrel sights

Boolit Master
    What M-tecs said is spot on, except they are worth even $80. They are nice as trot line weights maybe...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I believe they have elevation only - no windage
    Regards
    John

Banned

the pedi vernier's are ok for hunting, not for real target work, missing a micrometer soule and hadley eye cup.

If you look at the staff it pivots side to side. You loosen one of the thumb screws and tighten the other for adjusting for the wind. but this lowers the elevation

Boolit Grand Master

Appears they went in the box when somebody upgraded. Careful measurement and study of mfr's sites may help with further identification and sales listing.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    If you look at the staff it pivots side to side. You loosen one of the thumb screws and tighten the other for adjusting for the wind. but this lowers the elevation
    Yes, and an extremely bad way of doing it, in a rifle as sensitive to canting as a black powder one at long range. They are also easily damaged. Once zeroed and locked they should be as accurate as any other sight with the same kind of aperture. When they were state of the art long ago, little separate vernier gauges were sold to adjust them with. Tou can use your reloading caliper to adjust them.

Boolit Master
    I have a Marbles Improved and I couldn't figure out how to accurately and consistently adjust it to various ranges. But it looks as if using my calipers would well and quickly.

Why didn't I think of that? (Double face palms)...