Snyders JerkyLoad DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Wideners
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are your other obsessio..... HOBBIES

Working in the yard and garden (summers)
    Working on the house (winters)
    Practicing on my 1965 Hammond B3 (when I can - I really should do more)
    Case prep, casting, size/lube, reloading and shooting in between all those other activities.
    It is interesting - I do not have a TV nor VCR or anything. You would be surprised how much you can get done when you don't waste time watching TV. Too bad making a living gets in the way of all this fun.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master

MaryB, I bet when you key up the mic, the neighbors lights go dim and flicker!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Farming

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    I guess I have two other hobbies . . .

First one is playing fiddle. I had a major heart attack at 43 and triple by-pass. I'd always wanted to play fiddle so during my recovery, I started taking some lessons - not "violin" but "fiddle". That lead to going to WV to a workshop on old time music at the Elkins-Davis College a number of years ago . . . had the opportunity to meet and get some help from Melvin Wine (who is now deceases). Melvin is the only fiddler written up in WV history books (school). A fine gentleman who helped me out on a lot of things in regards to playing. I play "by ear" and so did he. At one time, I collected and repaired old fiddles - had about 50 or so but have since narrowed that number down to just a couple of special ones. I just love the "old time" music and especially love playing in "cross tune" - normal tuning is G D A E - in cross tuning - ou tune the A E to G D so it is tuned in G D G D and you are playing one two strings at a tie most of the time.

Second hobby is leather working. I did some in college many years ago and started again when in AZ during the winter. Enjoy making gun leather but now just limit it to projects for myself. Too many neighbors and friends wanting work done that it no longer was a "hobby" and more like a "job". LOL

And for you pipe smokers . . . . when I was younger, I smoked a pipe . . . and greatly enjoyed it! I gave up smoking many years ago and probably for the better . . . but boy do I miss the smell of a pipe stoked up with good tobacco! I had a number of nice briar pipes but my favorite was just a good old corncob pipe that you used to be able to buy - I believe they were called "Kentucky Meerschaum" so some such thing and sold for about 69 cents or so and had a plastic stem you could put a filter in. Just thinking about it still gives me the urge . . .

Boolit Grand Master

Keeping a 1968 Chevelle Malibu running. It's a daily driver and old cars driven daily always need attending to.
    It's in the body shop now getting some rust and a dent fixed and then a custom paint job....fathom blue with a rainbow metal flake.
    Going old school....whens the last time you saw a metal flaked paint job on a car that wasn't at a car show. It will turn a few heads for sure.
    Ditched the mufflers and now running straight pipes, it sounds great and with the metal flake paint it will look great.
    Gary

Cast Hunter

Archery

....and fishing.

Boone and Crockett Club member
    <<----------------<<<<<<
    Pope & Young Club member

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    Raising my two grandsons , casting, loading, some shooting, and I build high performance hot rod diesel pickups! (Dodge Cummins only)Think loading is expensive,? huh, I have more in my rebuild on a 2002 Dodge than most people spend on a good used vehicle! Bit sure is fun to watch the looks on these young guys faces when an old gray-haired guy blows their doors off! Having fun!

oh, I forgot to add, if it flies, I can hit it with a shotgun! Not a brag, just the facts!
    Just my .02 cents worth.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Grand Master

Doing one of them right now - smoking ribs for company. I also dabble in woodwork, have tied my own flies, and have made jewelry including a watch (pocket) fob in three colors of tiger eye.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Haven't seen a good bug since I was a kid. 2 meter was just showing up and you could talk there as a novice.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Silvercreek Farmer View Post
    Farming
    Me two!

What we do not use I give to folks in MY town that need it. No .gov intervening in fact most goes to the elderly that need the food banks to eat due to .gov shortages in SS and benefits to veterans.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

After reloading, hunting and shooting, there wouldn't seem to be a lot of time for other hobbies.

However, I have studied military history (WW2) and paleontology for my entire life. Guess I'll keep doing that for the rest of my life.

Boolit Buddy
    Working on the old Plymouth with my daughters.

Boolit Grand Master

Sleep, I mean it. Have an 18mo son. And I travel for work and don't sleep well in hotels. It's by far my favorite hobby and is taking time away from the firearm related ones.

Perma-Banned

Lots of hiking

Boolit Master
    Ham Radio ( I'm an Elmer!), building things ( machines, vehicles, buildings) , helping people, collecting dvd's ( musicals, drama, and comedy), and having as much fun as I possibly can....

Life IS short.....plan ahead....

Boolit Master
    I would love to go skiing down the side of glaciers, unfortunately I can't find any here in Southern California so I haven't got to try it yet.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Mold
    Brew beer, it sure cab be fun !

Boolit Buddy
    motorcycles and politics

All of the above but to no great degree. My back and bad hip have really put a damper on things in the last year or so but I hope I am not done yet. I did a lot of whitewater in an open canoe for years but not lately. Fishing, hunting, woodworking, yard work, gardening. Used to hike some. Just about anything. Oh, some leatherwork too. Getting old really slows you down... I guess you have to say I am multy talented. I have played a fife in a fife and drum group and re-enacted in Civil War groups for 20 years and have played in some great places. I have dabbled with the violin some but haven't gotten really going with it. So little time... so much to do. I never could spell very well though for some reason..LOL.
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Model railroading in ho scale.
    I would rather die on my feet than live on my knees~!