RotoMetals2WidenersInline FabricationLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: My first score

My first score

I m in the middle of a move and I went to return some ratchet straps to my neighbor. We got talk molds and he said "I have a 50 cal round ball mold I don't use any more." He gave me a single cavity steel Lyman mold with handles and also a single cavity maxi ball mold, also steel and a Lyman. I offered to pay him for the molds he said no. He is an old hunter safety instructor and the one that got me to become an instructor for my state. I'd post some pics but my camera is packed up at the other house after I get unpacked I'll post some pics.

Garbear
    Garbear

Super Moderator

...............So does this mean you now have a reason to go out and buy a 50 cal ML'er? Just askin' as I've needed less!

..............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    ...............So does this mean you now have a reason to go out and buy a 50 cal ML'er? Just askin' as I've needed less!

..............Buckshot
    Now Buckshot, you need to apply some thought to this. He obviously needs two new muzzle loaders: one with a round ball twist, and one with a quicker twist to shoot the maxi-ball.

Says the guy that has everything for a .41 Magnum, except the brass, and the gun.

Robert

Boolit Master in Heavens Range. man.electric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mk42gunner View Post

Says the guy that has everything for a .41 Magnum, except the brass, and the gun.

Robert
    I have the brass, gun, and lead and am missing everything else. I know the feeling...

My side lck is a 1-48 twist it should shoot both fine. I still can't find my camera.
    Garbear

Finally found my Camera. Here is the Lyman molds my neighbor gave me. He has had them over 10 years and said he never used them.
    Garbear

Boolit Master
    Nice score!

Don't let these guys talk you into something, all you need for the 50RB is a slingshot.

A big slingshot.

Shoot it over a fire with moss thrown on top and you will get a pretty close substitute for BP rifle...

Banned

I've got that mold. It's my favorite shooter out of my TC Hawken. Good deal.