Titan ReloadingWidenersLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRotoMetals2
Load Data Reloading Everything

Thread: had a stroke

Boolit Buddy

had a stroke

guys a few months ago i had a stroke , i am now mostly back to good health thanks to physical therapy and a few lifestyle changes .
    i am suffering from a few cognitive side effects mostly dealing with my memory . mostly minor , things like putting names to people i know and using a wrong word or two here and there
    and i have lost almost all of my ability to do higher mathematics ..... a scary thought for a machinist .
    but otherwise everything is right as rain , a few more weeks and ill be back to work with no long term worries .

i do need some help from you fellas though ... in the short time i was here before i made a few new friends and i am fairly sure i had a deal or two going with members here .
    i would like to put things right with whom ever it was i dealing with but the names and details just are not coming back to me .
    maybe with some luck the fellas will read this and i can make things right , thanks

Boolit Buddy

Hang in there, fg. Similar effects for one of my brothers-in-law a couple of years ago. It took time, but most of the cognitive effects improved. He still has occasions when he uses the wrong word or can't remember how many feet in a fathom (he was/is a sea-going man). But, those occasions are getting much less frequent as time goes on. All the best to you in your recovery.

Rick

Boolit Master

Prayers sent for your to old health status.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master

Prayers for a speedy and full recovery

You don't remember the mold you were sending me?

Wish you the best, went down a long road like this with my father in law. Hopefully you can resurrect some memories by looking through PM's.
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Man
    You are in our thoughts and Prayers.

Terry

Boolit Buddy
    If your therapist isn't doing any mental exercises, learning math over again practicing etc. Talk to them about it. The sooner you can start the better. Try to keep your sense of humor and decide that you are going to beat this. It's hard to do, my mom and dad both had some strokes. Best Wishes on your recovery.

Boolit Buddy
    thank you gentleman . i feel good for the most part , good spirits and getting back to cheerful .
    so no worries there , matter of fact my biggest problem at the moment is an abundance of free time to do as i please with .

Ohhh don't you just hate that, all that free time and just can't figure out what you want to do!
    On every question of construction let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.

Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823

Boolit Master

Well glad to see your getting everything back to normal,
    I wish you the best of luck after a number of strokes best thing that has helped me to recover has been reading everything I can get a hold of,keep the mind busy so you don't fall into the whole depression thing feel free to pm me if you want to talk about it..
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fg-machine View Post
    thank you gentleman . i feel good for the most part , good spirits and getting back to cheerful .
    so no worries there , matter of fact my biggest problem at the moment is an abundance of free time to do as i please with .
    You clearly need range time.
    I prescribe 8x56 RS brass therapy.
    Cast some. Load some. Shoot some. Repeat!
    I've got some of the brass.

Boolit Master
    Hi...

Welcome to the stroke survivor's club.

Be aware that with prompt care and a bit of luck, a stroke is survivable and some victims, like myself, can recover with no impairment.

I have had two and my neurologist says that I present no symptoms and while I have some discernible brain damage, according to a couple of CAT scans and MRIs, my physical and intellectual abilities are quite normal. My IQ tests remain at essentially the same as pre-stroke levels and my reflexes and reactions are excellent.

It has been three years since my last stroke and I remain fully and (perhaps) over-employed, if one were to consult with my wife (who believes that I work too long and hard for my own good).

Boolit Master
    Had my first stroke 23 years ago. It affected my left side. With a lot of therapy and hard work, I was back to shooting IPSC with in six months. My first exercise prop at home was a loaded Para P-13 mag.

I lost 30 points off my IQ, only 119 now.
    How's that hope and change working for you?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by casterofboolits View Post
    Had my first stroke 23 years ago. It affected my left side. With a lot of therapy and hard work, I was back to shooting IPSC with in six months. My first exercise prop at home was a loaded Para P-13 mag.

I lost 30 points off my IQ, only 119 now.
    Get better soon! hope I never lose 30 points that would put me close to 0
    Frank G.

Boolit Master
    fg, I pray for your speedy recovery and return to your machines. I must admit I never did remember people's names very well and as for higher math, forget it.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN