RepackboxRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Lee PrecisionLoad DataWidenersReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ingot mold

Yes it's best to cross reference your scales with someone elses. To be sure,ask the woman of the house how much her scales show her to weigh? You are not to ask women how much they weigh,you are asking what it shows so you can determine if their is an error. Explain that you suspect there might be a discrepancy and you will try to adjust them for her. This will make her happy.

You can also use a stop watch for a chronograph. Very simple,it is activated by your trigger finger. You stop it when the bullet hits. You measure distance and with the time you can figure the fps. If you have any trouble with the Math, get Waksupi to help you. He is a whizz on this stuff.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek

Ingot Moulds

Sorry, Gussy, these post holes are the light duty model. They came from good deep moist dirt. It may be that this place was named Pleasant Valley because it is one of the few places in Nevada where you can find occasional rock-free spots for fence posts. It would be handier if the rockless spots occurred on eight-foot centers, but you can't have everything. Have you considered welding plates on the bottom end of T-posts and bolting them to studs "fired" into the rock? Anything to avoid pick work! curmudgeon

On Heaven's Range

I WILL be dogged! "Art Imitates Life", or something like that.

Our self-built 5000-square-foot home on the bushland shore of Prelude Lake, Northwest Territories was constructed on solid rock, meaning ABSOLUTELY no soil......just bare igneous (volcanic) rock.

When it became obvious that the place would HAVE to be fenced to keep dogs and (new) kid in, and more importantly to keep the pesky black bears OUT, I borrowed a gas-powered rock drill from the mine and set 3/4" drill steel rods about a foot into the rock and grouted them in place with mortar. They stuck about 18" out of the surface. I then constructed the posts with three plys of nominally- 2" lumber with a hole up the middle, and these were just slipped over the drill-steel posts. Construction then proceeded in the normal fashion.

Only real trouble was in manhandling the 100-pound drill on some rather steep and slippery side-hill spots, but apart from that the system worked well.

Just goes to show that whatever we may dream up, someone, somewhere, has likely done it before us!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Buddy

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by carpetman
    Fancy this a boolit casting board and not one post about equipment. I'll kick it off with a real technical question. Once I get my wheelweights melted down,what could I use for an ingot mold? Anybody have any creative ideas?

I use the LEE ingot mould.

*click here* and scroll down.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife bought several muffin pans at a garage sale . The aluminum ones work better than the steel ones , unless they are Teflon coated .

God bless
    Wyr