Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyWidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Imperial Sizing Wax.. Anyone else using it?

Imperial Sizing Wax.. Anyone else using it?

I'm had the same small can of Imperial Sizing Wax for 6 years... looks like I just used about 1/4 of it.. At the rate I'm using it I'll have it for 18 more years

I would imagine I've used it on 2500+ rounds of 30-06, 308 and 44-40..

This stuff lasts forever..

Anyone else here using this stuff..??.. it's awesome...

Any world records for how long a little can of this lasts?

Boolit Master

Darn it! Now you've told everyone how good this stuff is and they'll all want some! I use it and love it, usually just dab it on with my fingers... "A little dab w'l do ya.."

Boolit Master

NW Ohio, almost as N and W as you can be :-)
    What I'm wondering is if it is just anhydrous lanolin ?? BTW I love it too

Bill
    Both ends WHAT a player

Boolit Master

My can is probably 9 or 10 years old and I've used about 1/3 of it. I think it may have some lanolin in it. I haven't used anything else since I first started using it. It's the best.
    Chuck

Boolit Mold
    It's the best thing since sliced bread! Haven't used anything else since I discovered it. Easy to apply and, better yet, easier to remove.

Henry

Super Moderator

...........I use it, but mostly an RCBS case lube pad. However, for heavy duty re-sizing where the regular stuff fails miserably, the Imperial stuff makes it possible.

.............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    I've had a can for about 2 years now and it's about 3/4 gone. Am I using too much? I use it for case forming and when I just have a few cases to FL size, "a few" being ~20 or less.

Rick

Imperial die wax

I had been using Ray`s Gun Wax for years for resizing duties and thought it was adequate. This summer I had my local gunshop order a tin of the Imperial wax, Imperial Dry Neck Lube, Redding Type S-Bushing Neck Sizing die, .330 bushing, and Body die for 30-06 this year direct from Redding.
    The die wax is amazing...a noticeable difference!
    "I know what your thinking, did he fire six shots, or only five..."

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    A mixture of anhydrous lanolin and mineral oil (baby oil) can be customized percentage wise to handle any sizing job, including swaging jacketed boolits. There are polymers around that can be used instead, but I don't know if these polymers can improve on the "ideal" stuff, except for maybe on cleanup duties. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Buddy
    I have a recipe with anhydrous lanolin and castor oil...

Boolit Grand Master
    I use ISDW, but found out that mink oil boot water proofing works just as well. I have a four ounce jar that cost less than $2. The brand name is "Smiling Mink". I used to use it to size .308 brass down to 22/250.This stuff also works as a cast bullet lube when mixed with beeswax.

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    Anything that has high viscosity will work. Otter oil should work quite well also, but I have never seen that. We are talking natural "hair" oils here. ... felix
    felix

Boolit Man

imperial sizing wax

hey guys,

believe it or not, i just bought my 1st tin since 1984, a friend told me about way back then. i ordered a tin from LeClear Ind., i believe the orgininal company, and have never looked back. GREAT stuff!! resizing, reforming, no job too big!! I have a little left,but was afraid they might discountinue it, so i bought another, hope it's as good. This should last another 20+ years, maybe i'll buy one more (Midway has it), for a life time supply with enough left over to will to my grandkids..
    use it sparingly,
    mick27

Boolit Master
    pdgraham, i bought two tins almost 5 years ago cause I always seem to misplace one.
    Have used it exclusively ever since. My old rcbs case lube pads and one remaining bottle of case lube are gathering dust. What i lkie about is that its easy to apply and remove. I use a q-tip when done to clean the dies. Remember Mr. Miyagi telling Daniel
    "wax on, wax off. Frank

Quote Originally Posted by Frank46
    pdgraham, i bought two tins almost 5 years ago cause I always seem to misplace one.
    Have used it exclusively ever since. My old rcbs case lube pads and one remaining bottle of case lube are gathering dust. What i lkie about is that its easy to apply and remove. I use a q-tip when done to clean the dies. Remember Mr. Miyagi telling Daniel
    "wax on, wax off. Frank
    Karate Kid??

Boolit Master

isdw: length of use

I tried to buy two cans at one time from the old gunsmith I hung around as a kid in the late sixties, he got mad and told me I only needed one can (he didn't want to haf'ta re-order). He was right; I've still got about 1/5 th of that origional can left- started using Lee's collet dies about 15 years ago and that cut usage way down. BTW, I never tried any other case lube - never saw the need.

Boolit Master At Heavens Range 2008 Swagerman's Avatar
    How about using it for swaging lead cast bullets...will it work for that?

Swagerman

Boolit Buddy

The stuff is great! I touch my finger and thumb to the wax, and just picking up the cartrige and putting it in the press is enought to lube it. I touch the wax about every five rounds or so. I have all the other stuff on my shelf (RCBS lube pad, Hornady one shot, Dillon spray, etc. I've lubed about 3000 cases off this tin, and hardly a dent in it. I wonder how they stay in business, a tin would last for years.

Boolit Master

A can lasts so long that I don't think it has ever been a big money maker for the makers. My old can is from the original maker (I think) E Z Way Systems in Newark, Ohio. I believe it's been sold at least twice since then. Let's just be thankful that someone keeps producing this great stuff. I may buy another can and put it away just so I'll be assured of having a lifetime supply.
    Chuck

Boolit Mold
    "Anyone else here using this stuff..??.. it's awesome..."

Yes, you got that right.