MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading EverythingWidenersLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: New here

Boolit Master

New here

Couldn't find where to go for first post. From Alberta Canada and have found a ton of information here. Getting into reloading and have just bought a Hornady Lock n Load. Hoping that I didn't make a mistake buying it but I guess time will tell.
    Anyways great site and will be asking lots of stupid questions.

Banned

"Hornady Lock n Load"

That is a fine press. It will serve you well. You will greatly benefit by doing your due diligence first and then asking questions second. Welcome

You will be pleased with your purchase from Hornady . They make great equipment. Welcome to the forum.

Love Life
    You will be pleased with your press.

Welcome!

Good choice, you will get many years of service from that one. Welcome.

Slim
    JUST GOTTA LOVE THIS JOINT.

Boolit Master

Good choice of press and website. Welcome.
    NRA Benefactor Member NRA Golden Eagle

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome Aboard!

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the madness!

Very good press,that's what I started with,nothing like jumping in with both feet.
    If you get a chance watch the you-tube videos by bill Morgan very informative.
    Welcome

Welcome, pull up a chair and check out the stickies. Lots of great info there, probably answer a bunch of your questions. No such thing as stupid questions, by the way, especially if if others have asked them too.
    "It is wrong always, everywhere, and for everyone to believe anything on insufficient evidence."
    -W. K. Clifford "The Ethics of Belief"

"They hate you if you're clever, and they despise a fool."
    -John Lennon "A Working Class Hero"

Boolit Master

Welcome aboard.

Black Powder 100%

Livingston, La. 20 miles east of Baton Rouge, La.
    I will give you some advise that many newbies fail to do. Study the Sticky forums as they have all the answers that many new and old casters have from time to time.
    If you stay on the forum you will see that most all new members start asking the same questions and that does become a some what bothersome thing after you have seen it 100 times. You will find that this forum has some of the best members in the art of casting but they will accept you if you show that you are capable of doing some research on your own.
    Find the book "FROM INGOT TO TARGET" on this forum that is offered for free to all members. It was written by two very knowledgeable men in the business and it's about 170 pages in length. I downloaded it and then printed it out and put it in a three ring binder for my use. I started casting in 1970 and I go to this book from time to time and have gained very usable information from it.
    If you look at the first few subject matters on the forum and read the information below the header you will see that the "OUR TOWN" is the place reserved for new members to post some info about themselves. Welcome to the forum, David
    Shooter of the "HOLY BLACK" SASS 81802 AKA FAIRSHAKE; NRA ; BOLD; WARTHOG;Deadwood Marshal;Bayou Bounty Hunter; So That his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat; 44 WCF filled to the top, 210 gr. bullet

Boolit Buddy
    gonna give you another welcome and follow cajun shooters advice it is good and will help you as you advance in this/// but feel free to ask questions
    get ready to take a little ribbing here now and then just part of the fun don't let it get under your skin
    mule

Boolit Master
    Carrier,

Welcome to the forum. I've had my AP L-N-L for at least 10 to 11 Years. I really like it. You've made a good choice.

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Grand Master

Welcome to the wonderful, often frustrating and confusing world of reloading. Is your press the single stage or progressive?
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mdi View Post
    Welcome to the wonderful, often frustrating and confusing world of reloading. Is your press the single stage or progressive?
    We have a rockchucker that my son bought used last year but never set up and just bought a Hornady Lock N Load progressive press.

Boolit Mold
    Welcome to the forum. You will find that if you follow the advice given here, you will never stop adding to your reloading tools. My bench always has room for something new and better. You are starting good with the Hornady.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Carrier View Post
    We have a rockchucker that my son bought used last year but never set up and just bought a Hornady Lock N Load progressive press.
    Welcome aboard. A word of warning, this site can be addicting. Matter of fact, it's about as bad as collecting (name your Favorite gun, lead,etc) I've got two rockchuckers on my bench. Lots of good information here, and some good jokes, too!!!!!!

Boolit Mold
    Have fun, it's a great sight.