Load DataReloading EverythingRepackboxLee Precision
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Share something that you remember.

Boolit Master
    I remember riding my bike 5 miles in the wintertime on Sunday mornings to set trap targets at the local shooting range for $1.00 an hour and all the coffee/hot chocolate I could drink to keep my fingers from freezing.

I remember almost everything from my first 20 years of life and almost nothing of the last 20.

BB

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbeans View Post
    I remember almost everything from my first 20 years of life and almost nothing of the last 20.

BB
    Funny how that goes, I remember most of the first 30 years - then once the children came there didn't seem to be time to remember, those years went by in what seemed like a few moments with windows of memories - of the remarkable moments.
    Go now and pour yourself a hot one...

Perma-Banned
    I remember takin' my .22 on the bus to go groundhog huntin' at my buddy's house that evenin'. had to leave it on his bus til then. brought it back the same way the next days. the first stock I ever refinished was in shop class in the 9th grade. try THAT today.

Boolit Master
    I remember "The Life of Reilly", "Whirley Birds", "Sky King", "Have Gun Will Travel", "Lawman", "Cheyenne", "Wagon Train", "Rawhide", "The Fabulous 52", "The Late Show" The Noxzema Girl - "Take it All Off". I remember gasoline at 19 cents per gallon. I remember my Mattel Fanner 50. I remember American Red Plastic Bricks (1950s version of Lego). Milk delivered to our front porch in glass bottles in a wire rack. I remember pulling the handle on the Hollywood reloading press when I was still 3 or 4 years old. I remember our phone was on the EMpire exchange.
    Was not uncommon to have entertainment industry folks over at the house; actors, technology people and stunt men. Dad did gunsmithing, holster and saddle making for them and rode horses with them.
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Master

200 miles south of the center of the United States
    I can remember picking up the phone to make a call and an operator answered. You had to tell the operator the number you wanted to call. The phone had a dial, but the town exchange still used operators. All the phone numbers were 3 digits.

I also remember when we got our first TV. I was 4 (1958).

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

I remember, just barely remember, going to Goshen, Indiana and dad driving up and down main street with the horn blowing, early Sept, 1945, the end of WW2, I wasn't fully aware what it was all about.

I also remember the exact spot where I was standing when J.F.K. was killed.

I remember the Palm Sunday Tornadoes, and the cleanup I helped with for 1 day, the 2nd day I went into the Army.

I remember the exact spot I was at when the Twin Towers were hit.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

'Bout a hundred miles from the Gulf of Mexico
    I remember playing outside,in the dirt, with old discarded clothes iron, man what a bulldozer, squirrel hunting, quail hunting, hog pens, chicken yard, milk cow, gardening, canning, indoor plumbing, (that was a big deal where I grew up in the late Fifties),farming for a living,woodland wildfire firefighter, kids of my own, then grand kids, reloading about a gazillion shotgun shells for trap and skeet, lead scrounging, building high performance diesel trucks and am now enjoying my professional career and helping other people less fortunate than me! I guess when I'm gone, they will either say that I was a good guy or a bad guy! I just know that I am able to sleep at night knowing I did what was right for all involved! P.S. Anybody else remember the Philco Golden D model b&w tv? 200 lbs of vacuum tubes! Hahaha! How about wrestling on Saturday morning? Go, Cowboy Bill Watts!!! Last but certainly not the least, the wonderful red-headed woman who said yes to a long-haired construction worker 35 plus years ago, I love you Gail. (She shoots a mean round of trap, and you don't want her to shoot at you with a .357! ) Just my .02 cents worth!
    Last edited by Budzilla 19; 04-27-2015 at 11:36 AM.
    I firmly believe that you should only get treated by how you act, not by who or what you are!!

Boolit Master
    [QUOTE=MT Gianni;

and honest politicians.[/QUOTE]

That must have been quite a while ago....

I remember when JFK was killed & all the stuff on TV about it. They showed a marksman shooting three times at a moving bullseye from a tower just to prove a good rifleman could do it....

I remember growing up and every man you knew was a veteran. And none of them took any *(&%&@# off of anyone.... A total stranger would tell you to straighten up and fly right...and make you believe you better do it...

Dale

Boolit Master

I remember 'Grand Ole' Opry', with Minnie Pearl (HOW-DEE! Just so proud to be hyere..), the Duke Of Paducah, Lucky Strike Green going to war, Stella Dallas, Easy Aces, Lone Ranger, Capt Midnight, Don Winslow of the Navy, The Great Gildersleave, Fibber McGee & Molly, Amos & Andy, Tom Mix - all radio programs before WWII. Getting under the '37 Plymouth we had and watching my Dad repair a leak in the gas tank with soap and Liquid Solder. Climbing in my own chinaberry tree, having a pet rabbit named Gene Autry Jacky (named after my hero and my buddy).
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master

I remember.........some prob'ly already mentioned...... All the bells and sirens going off on VJ Day, milk delivered by horse drawn delivery van (the horse knew every stop), the iceman delivering ice (not horse drawn), crank phones where you cranked up the operator and said "247J2 please" to call my Aunt and Uncle. I do NOT remember about throwing my shoes in the creek but I was sure told about it a lot! I remember getting paddled in school & spending most of 3rd grade sitting off by myself 'cause I guess I was a little rowdy. I remember swats with a paddle in Jr. High and High School & storing my 22 in the school locker so I could take it on the bus to my buddies for the weekend. TV? Didn't have it 'til I was near done with high school. Seems like I've posted this stuff here before. Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master

I vividly remember the "Cuban Missile Crisis" of 1962. Duck and cover drills in Elementary School incorporating the placement of bed sheets over desks (in case the windows shattered) and crawling under. Hording bottled water, Sego, and Metrical. Talk of bussing us as school children to the potato fields in Hastings, FL. My Mom asking my Dad if he thought she was stong enough to swim the width of the St. Johns River should she be stranded on the far side. Fallout shelter construction in neighbor's back yards. Looking up Kim Meeker's skirt in 8th grade.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    What was the question again???

Dave
    Psalm 18: 28-49
    Psalm 144: 1-8

Boolit Master

Dang-it, I remember every dog gone thing everybody else has mentioned!
    Dysfunctional Disturbed Disabled Debonair Navy Veteran
    Swift Boats, Vietnam, 1967-1968.

"You are never too old to learn something stupid."

Boolit Master
    I remember when I worked in the gas station after school and all the girls started wearing mini skirts and we had to wash the windshields. some really clean windows went out of that station.
    staying with my grandparents and learning to milk cows by hand. when my grandmother made donuts I was her number one helper and taster.
    walking to the local farm and buying whole milk for 25 cents a gal. you had to take your own jug.

Jimmy Durante ending every show saying " Goodbye Mrs. Calabash, where ever you are" And then walking off the dim lighted stage.

Boolit Bub
    I remember my dad taking us out to work at the local cemetary( he was the caretaker ), showing us what was to be done and driving off.i remember shoes with holes, and patched blue jeans. He was generous to fault, an elephant of a man, but a small child could have wrapped him around a pinky finger. He taught me my work ethic. I also remember getting a quarter to buy two comic books"( I can still remember buying an 8 cent funny book) because I brought in good grades . I remember my older brother trying to teach him that an automatic transmission does not have a clutch......we had some really fantastic times drinking coca colas in th old section of town.... It's been 43 years but the memories are still fresh!!!!! Miss ya daddy!!!

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    I remember the POWs coming home from VN but then I'm just a pup. I watched a lot of Lone Ranger ,Roy and Dale weren't all that far away, spending hours wandering around in their museum. I remember all the over cautious preparations for Apollo 14 . I had my arm wrapped around the steering column of a 69 Chrysler Newport cussing that back plug when I heard that the shuttle had blown up . When I was a kid there was a quarter Coke machine at the gas station about a mile from the house. My shock to learn which girls I could have gone out with in HS ......
    I get to brag now that I saw Ricky Nelson, Tommy James,the Coasters ,Jan and Dean and the Beach Boys (3 of the original 5).
    That morning I tripled flushing Mallards . Asking my great grandmother what the turn of the century was like . She said "Another day " . Sure enough the turn of the century was another day. When people listened to what you had to say and read every word and everyone was taken at face value. Knowing my dad was 1 the 4 greatest men in the whole world ,and coming to grips with the idea in the 8th grade just how lucky he was to have lived so long (he was 39 then) . He had jumped in a Cadillac with 2 friends and drover to DFW in 1968 ,not a big deal except that the Caddi belonged to a black man and the other guy was a Mexican (3rd gen) ,my ol' man was 1 luck German/Irishman that trip.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

I remember being berated for writing with my left hand.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Le Loup Solitaire
    I remember when I could go into any number of different types of stores and buy a box of 22 LR for a reasonable price without any of the horse manure that we have to go through now including the ridiculous prices.....and then go home and shoot them without developing anxieties about where the next box might or might not come from. LLS