MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationLee PrecisionLoad Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: C. Sharps Blunder

Boolit Master
    Mistakes happen. Sure it's dissapointing when you get the rifle and can't use it right away. I'm sure that Pete will sort it out. They do ship rifles out without sights so I'm sure it was just a mixup. The last few rifles I bought from them I ordered without sights as I prefer sights from other manufacturers. Chris.

Asking a company to put someone else's sight on their rifle is sort of a ballzy thing to do in the first place, and I'm sort of surprised they even said they would do that.

I'm still trying to figure out how you opened the box inspected the rifle , yet did not notice the abscense of the front sight immediately...
    According to MVA they send sights to them all the time...even had their address handy and knew Pete. I didn't go over the rifle with a fine tooth comb at the gun shop, just glanced at it to see the double set triggers were there. A manila envelope with paper work in it covered where the front sight should have been and the thought never occurred to look for something I figured was there. I waited till I got home to give it a going over to discover it gone.

And every time Colt has some odd ball issue, he runs to the forum and expects the members to resolve it for him or gives another bleeding heart post. His best was the 45-70 recoil black & blue from recoil on his shoulder ...but the picture of the humongous black & blue was on his bicep
    Wrong as usual, JB. You come in here throw out your comments and leave having said what you perceive to be the truth. I come here because of what the forum is about, black powder cartridge rifles and the discussion thereof-that's what it's for. It was not a 45-70 but a 45-90 with a crescent steel butt plate. Being on blood thinners the bruise was at my chest, arm and traveled down my forearm.-something you obviously didn't remember.

The invoice I was sent early on, which is the same one included in the box, sans serial number, had a Special Note: "Front drill and tap, customer sights 7/16". I had to call Pete and ask why they were drilling and tapping for a front sight and he told me that should not have been on the Invoice. Drill and tap? I would have hoped not.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

Well, I'm not going to be concerned with this today. I'll see what they have to say Monday. Right now, I'm going to celebrate my 69th birthday by kicking back with my pipe, cup of coffee and listen to Brahms Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 77 and cruise.
    NRA Patron Member

A very High Quality rifle manufacture showed up at the airport one day with a gun and gun case. Said he was delivering it to his customer. Even told me it was supposed to be a 45-90 and they had accidently chambered it for 45-70. So he was fixing the error by personally delivering the rifle to the customer after fixing it. Its not the mistake that counts but how it is corrected.

Boolit Buddy
    Monday is a 3 day weekend for many-

LG
    Hav'n you along-Is like lose'n 2 good men

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColt View Post
    ...I'm going to celebrate my 69th birthday by kicking back with my pipe, cup of coffee and listen to Brahms Violin Concerto in D Major, Opus 77 and cruise...

Happy Birthday!

I am sure things with the rifle will sort themselves out. Enjoy your music, tobacco and coffee. It's not my brithday but I may do the same thing!

Kevin
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.

Not sure about the music but the pipe and the coffee sound good to me. To dang cold to shoot.

Boolit Buddy
    In the meantime I'd be making a homemade one out of whatever....no that hard!

Boolit Master
    there's a story in the New Testament; some Pharisees were going to stone some hooker to death. Jesus just looked at them and said, "let he who is without sin cast the first stone..." Story goes that they bailed out one or two at a time and disappeared. Then Jesus tells the woman, "Go and sin no more...".

There's something to that first rock thing...

Rich

I didn't get a call today but Pete sent an email.

"Found the sight. Since you weren't using ours, I marked the order for
    dovetail only. When the sight came in from MVA, the guys didn't catch it.
    Will send the front sight Tuesday, Priority mail. "
    NRA Patron Member

Boolit Master

See there it was just an "over-sight"!

Sorry,

Boolit Master
    ColColt, The coffee the pipe and the music. Ah, now that sounds relaxing. I hope you won't mind if I relax with you if in spirit only. Class act.

I hope you won't mind if I relax with you if in spirit only. Class act.
    Not at all. Today I've been listening to Dvorak's Cello Concerto in B Minor, Op No. 4.
    NRA Patron Member

If you are not happy with the C Sharps put it up for sale acknowledging the deficiency and you will probably get a buyer!
    Can our government survive the next 4 years?

Boolit Bub
    Want to have a real interesting experience? Try sending a C. Sharps back to them in an MVA box! I did it with out thinking as the MVA box I had on hand was wood and I reasoned it would be safer. Never saw that box again!

Boolit Grand Master

Mistakes do happen and its upsetting when they do. Especially when its something youve been waiting for for severl months. But it sounds like C Sharps is making it right and gave a decent explanation of what happened. After about a years use my Hepburn broke a trigger spring, a quick call to Pete and one was on the way priority mail the same day. Its great dealing with a reputable company thats is willing to admit thier mistaakes and make them right.

I got the sight in the mail today. I'd like to apologize to C. Sharps and for posting as I did on this forum. Not that this is an excuse to offer but for the past few weeks I can't seem to get anything delivered properly. I had some important documents sent 2nd day air via UPS that didn't arrive until a week later followed by a $60 order for CD's with the Jewel cases cracked. Then having to deal daily since this summer with neuropathy in my foot/toes(numbness, stinging, tingling, burning) and trying to live with that plus all the above hasn't exactly given me the best temperament I've ever had. Then, I got the rifle sans the front sight.

Nevertheless, I'll not start a thread like this again, regardless.
    NRA Patron Member

Boolit Master

Now that that's settled how about some pics of that new rifle? We never get tired of seeing new rifles, especially top quality guns from makers such as C Sharps.

Soon-we just lost our power for the third time in the past eight days. This time only about a little over an hour.
    NRA Patron Member

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColt View Post
    I got the sight in the mail today. I'd like to apologize to C. Sharps and for posting as I did on this forum. Not that this is an excuse to offer but for the past few weeks I can't seem to get anything delivered properly. I had some important documents sent 2nd day air via UPS that didn't arrive until a week later followed by a $60 order for CD's with the Jewel cases cracked. Then having to deal daily since this summer with neuropathy in my foot/toes(numbness, stinging, tingling, burning) and trying to live with that plus all the above hasn't exactly given me the best temperament I've ever had. Then, I got the rifle sans the front sight.

Nevertheless, I'll not start a thread like this again, regardless.
    I wouldn't feel to bad about the thread we all see C Sharps service at work, I think this is good for them and all who follow this thread. If you never posted we wouldn't know of it and your honestly in reporting on them has real value.
    Thanks