Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Inline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox Wideners
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: C. Sharps Blunder

C. Sharps Blunder

I had ordered a rifle from them back in early November and received a call early last week it would be shipping out this week. So far so good. Today I got a call that the rifle was in and went over to pick it up. I didn't look that closely at it until I got home. To my surprise and disappointment, there was no front sight on it!!

I had ordered a glbe front sight from MVA and told them to send it to Pete at his suggestion. They didn't have them in at the time and was told my card wouldn't get charged for it until it was shipped to Pete. I noticed my card got charged the 8th of last month so, figured they had come in and they sent it to him. I called MVA and they did ship it to them on the 16th of January.

Scenario #1-They didn't send it to him.

Scenario #2-They sent it and he didn't put it on the rifle.

That's all there could be. If they didn't send it why didn't C. Sharps email/phone me that the rifle was ready but they hadn't received the sight yet? Or if they did receive it what was the excuse for not mounting it?

I called C. Sharps but Friday is Pete's day off so I talked with the gal that answered the call. She was surprise they sent a rifle without the front sight I h ad ordered and was going to check into it. Now, I'm left with sending the rifle back or have them send it to me and do it myself. Either way, I'm no happy camper. My first and last rifle from C. Sharps. No excuse for sending a rifle without a front sight you ordered.
    Last edited by ColColt; 02-13-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

Boolit Master

Mistakes happen, see if they offer to make it completely right. If not then you definitely have a complaint. I own a business and have sure made mistakes and go out of my way to make it right with the customer.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

I agree give them a chance to make it right, mistakes happen to the best of companies and while it may seem like a mistake that should never have happened there's simply no way to know what actually transpired that led to the rifle being shipped sans that sight. They might go all out trying to correct the mistake and make it right to you for any trouble this has caused, or they may try to to play the "blame game" and deflect the responsibility and if that happens then they deserve any criticism they get!

It states the front sight on the invoice they sent me so, what happened is anyone's guess. Either way, someone needs an *** chewing.
    NRA Patron Member

Kids Are For People That Can't Have Dogs

people make mistakes, they don't all deserve an *** chewing. I'm sure from what everyone says about them they will fix the problem.

hey, watch where ya point that thing!

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    I'd just chill out a bit, and call Monday morning and request they send the sight, and refund for what they would of charged for installing the sight.
    Asking a company to put someone else's sight on their rifle is sort of a ballzy thing to do in the first place, and I'm sort of surprised they even said they would do that.

I'm still trying to figure out how you opened the box inspected the rifle , yet did not notice the abscense of the front sight immediately...
    Long range rules, the rest drool.

Boolit Master

No one ever became great except through many and great mistakes!
    There is no business or any person that does not make honest mistakes.

Larry

Boolit Master
    We seem to be seeing comments from a lot of members lockwired in the pissed off position, is it something in the air.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Your rifle story reminds me of the Asian woman whose son died and she asked the Buddha to bring him back to life. The Buddha said, "Bring me some mustard seed from a family in which nobody has died and I can bring your child back to life." Well after she traveled all over India asking every family, she got the point.

Good luck buying your next rifle from a manufacturer that's never ever made a mistake. Ask Holland and Holland or Rigby if they've never made a mistake. If $50k won't buy infallibility, maybe a C. Sharps at two or three grand is a pretty good deal.

Boolit Master
    For your plan to work out, everyone in the place would have had to know your plan for getting and installing the MVA sight, and then matching the finished rifle with some sight that might or might not arrive from some other vendor. I'd have ordered the rifle without the sight and then had MVA ship the sight to my home and install it myself, much better chance of it all working out.

Boolit Master

Well I think he has every right to be upset so let's not be to hard on him, if it had been me that had received such a rifle missing obvious parts I am sure I would have been plenty upset and I think most everyone here would be also! However as has been pointed out mistakes do happen to the best sometimes so they should be given a chance to correct it, personally I think correction in this case means a bit more than just sending the sight. It should be interesting to see how they handle this but I truly hope they do the right thing.
    Last edited by oldred; 02-14-2015 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Let's NOT be too hard!!!!

Boolit Bub
    Could be the front sight fell off. Happened to me a couple of times.

But anyway, while we wait for this to work itself out, what is the rest of the rifle like? What caliber is it? Heck I can't see where it's a highwall, a 74 a 77 or maybe a Hepburn.

Pictures?

Boolit Buddy
    My pencils all come with erasers on the end...........

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Well I think he has every right to be upset so let's be to hard on him
    I agree with Don all the way. Is this a perfect world - No. And every time Colt has some odd ball issue, he runs to the forum and expects the members to resolve it for him or gives another bleeding heart post. His best was the 45-70 recoil black & blue from recoil on his shoulder ...but the picture of the humongous black & blue was on his bicep
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master

I have always said that to mess up you have to be doing something,give them a chance to make things right and correct the mistake.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ColColt View Post
    It states the front sight on the invoice they sent me so, what happened is anyone's guess. Either way, someone needs an *** chewing.
    I'm sure they did not deliberately charge you for a sight that was never installed. I'm also pretty sure someone at C Sharps has already been 'advised' to be more careful.
    Wait till Monday and see how they handle it.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Moderator Emeritus

In fairness to the OP, If I had paid the asking price for one of those rifles and waited 6 months to receive it, I would have an expectation that it be perfect. This wasn't a used or over the counter rifle, this was a one off custom that cost several times what an average factory bolt gun or even a Ruger #1 would have cost. I for one expect more when I have spoken with someone and been told it would arrive to my specs. I do know things sometimes go wrong and I've been guilty of it more than once myself. But I would have expected that during the final packaging a quick QC check would have identified the lack of a front sight and might indeed deserve to draw some criticism and maybe even that @** chewing. You can't tell me anyone even shouldered that rifle before they sent it out the door.
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Master

I'm not sure how many folks might work on a gun from C-Sharps during production but it seems like mistakes might be made in communication.
    I sent a Ballard to Wyoming Armory for some work and they made a mistake when it went to another department for milling and the original smith (Steve Garbe) was off that day. They caught the mistake there and went out of their way to make it right. I'm sure that they didn't make much if any money after the whole thing was over with.

Bob
    GUNFIRE! The sound of Freedom!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    We seem to be seeing comments from a lot of members lockwired in the pissed off position, is it something in the air.

Tim
    The responses to this short thread confirm this.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Grand Master Don McDowell's Avatar
    The invoice, what does the invoice say?
    Long range rules, the rest drool.