RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataReloading Everything
Inline FabricationRepackboxLee PrecisionWideners
Snyders Jerky Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gotta love wyoming

Boolit Master
    Vhs video camera......................................

After living in Wyoming for over 20 years, the Kansas wind only bothers me when it comes is a swirling cloud.
    BTW do you know why Wyoming is so windy? It's because Montana blows and Colorado sucks.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg

Boolit Bub
    People, please!!!!! Here in Gods country you can see and taste what you breathe! To the extent that I know most of Lubbock ,Texas soil is in the cotton field back of my house. I've had vehicle paint jobs ruined with the sand, not to mention unable to drive cause you couldn't see past the hood!!! Snow banks you say????? We have sand dunes on the highways( just drive twixt the reflector signs). Seriously though back in '09 we had range fires that reduced everything to dust, no greenery as far as the eye cn see! Most started by smokers tossin cigs out of car windows.

Banned

Last time I was through Pecos it was, literally, raining reddish-brown mud from the sky. I think that's the first moisture they'd seen in six months. At least it was coming straight down, and not sideways like the dry stuff does. I never did get all the mud stains off the Toyota, it looks like chocolate milkshake exploded under the hood. I really do love west Texas, just not that particular part of it, I like it from the Davis mountains, south to about Mexico City.

Gear

Boolit Grand Master

My spot on the N TX prairie sees a bit of wind; had my roof replaced a few years back and the crew had spent some time in FL, they did it to hurricane standards. Should last awhile, I was getting tired of replacing the shingles half a bundle at a time.
    I've been trying to build a metal workshop when winds allow, when the winds pick up we call our efforts "piloting experimental aircraft". Hope to get the roof on soon so I can start getting the electrical stuff done.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by reloader28 View Post

I love and hate the wind. It makes it tough to test boolits and do any long range shooting, BUT it weeds out the ******* from moving here and keeps my wind generator gennin. I guess theres a plus to everything.
    I'll be the first to own up- I'm a wimp- I could not live there. I've got business in Jackson Hole this year...but in the summer. I don't like Pennsylvania winters ( I'm a Californian) let alone what you folks face. Having said that, your state is profound.

With sincere respect.....
    Last edited by oneokie; 02-08-2015 at 11:15 PM. Reason: language
    NOI- it's what's for dinner

Well we heard they are calling for another high wind warning starting tomorrow morning til Tuesday night. That means it will probly hit us tonight about midnight. When its going to blow hard, it usually starts between midnight and 1am.

Uh oh, just as I posted this, I heard the wind generator start spinning again.

You can keep the wind it comes from you and goes by me and straight to maryb's

Boolit Master

I live in Casper. Wind hardly blows at all. Every once in a while a cinder block or semi truck might go rolling by out back when the breeze picks up a bit, but other than that ya hardly even notice....
    I'll be a nice to you as you'll let me be, or as mean as you make me be.

Polite society started dying the day it was no longer necessary for rude men to physically defend themselves from the consquences of their actions or words.

Glad you have it so nice down there, Dan.

Make sure your lead is tied down..............

Tent camped in Wyoming once. For some reason I used all my guy lines that night. Instinct proved me right. When I got up in the morning it became obvious why you don't want to use a Walmart tent in that country. all the cheap one were lying on the ground torn up......

Moderator Emeritus

Wind picking up here but I haven't looked at the forecast. Was nice today so I checked all the solar panel bolts to make sure they were tight and picked up some stuff that had blown in. Gained 3 new garbage cans this winter of nobody claims them from the front yard where I put them. Few kids balls and parts of a toy airplane...

Boolit Master
    When you find a cessna 172... Its mine. Still cant remember where i put it.

Boolit Master
    It was a 2.5 Mils into the wind kind of day today at the 1000 yard line.....sometimes you need to go out in the wind to stay humble.
    Doug
    .................................................. ........................................
    Sticks and stones may break my bones but hollow points expand on impact.

Taxidermists are cheaper than surgeons....keep shooting

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Some people measure success in Minutes of Angle

Reminds me of a poem...by Baxter Black...IIRC..
    Title was "The wind don't blow in Wyo."........
    I'll have to look it up.....

That's the one!!

Moderator Emeritus

A while back a neighbor has his hanger turn over and land on the interstate, ruined the plane inside. http://www.kbzk.com/news/plane-damag...hitehall-exit/

A friend who is not given to joking much says he has hated the last three weeks, he sees a cow with her tail straight out and cannot tell if she is calving or just the wind.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Grand Master

I love Wyoming, have a new family member from there and have been
    vacationing in the mountains and parks for over 40 years.

BUT - I don't really want to deal with their winters any more.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.