WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lyman 311410 in M1 Carbine.

Boolit Buddy
    I have no scientific data to share, but I do have some experience.

I have an Inland Carbine which I got as a beardless youth in about 1963 through the DCM. I have shot many thousands of rounds through it in that time, most being Cast Boolits. My current load is the now discontinued Lee C 309-130-R bullet cast of Wheelweight metal. I shoot it tumble lubed with Lee Liquid Alox, as cast, unchecked, with a load of 16 gr. of 2400 and Wolf small rifle primers. It feeds and functions totally reliably and gives me acceptable accuracy, about 6"-7" at 100 yards. That means to me, that I am putting bullets within 3 1/2" of point of aim at 100 yards. That old carbine is as comfy to me as my favorite flannel shirt and is responsible for many hundreds of happy hours and several wonderful tasting Western Washington Coast Blacktail deer. All with that Lee boolit and 16 grains of 2400.

When I began reading gun magazines, and shooting centerfire rifles in the late fifties and early 60's, any rifle that would consistantly group 6" at a hundred yards was a "keeper" and worth writing about. Since the advent of internet forums, it seems that any beat up old mustered out military pot-iron that doesn't give consistent 1" groups at 100 yards with seventy year old milsurp ammo that has been stored in a swamp, is scrap iron. What happened?

Gerry N.

For my recently acquired Inland M1 carbine i started with 13.0 grains of H4227. When that disappeared i switched to 12.0 to 12.5 grains of 2400. I use a group buy 120 grain rnfp cast of wheelweight/linotype alloy sized to .312.
    I am happy with the results when shooting offhand at a railroad plate hanging at 200 yards. Not all hits but i attribute that to the shooter - me!
    Can our government survive the next 4 years?