WidenersReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tempted to join the missing

Boolit Master

Tempted to join the missing

Some members have left or don't post much anymore and other have been banned. Some have decided to just post there experiences elsewhere.

My temptation is to let some members know how I feel about them in terms that the forum considers offensive and let the chips fall where they may.

I could almost care less about losing the ability to share my cast bullet experiences since when I have it has been underwhelming.

The people who are breaking new ground don't post much here anymore. Some people, myself included answer newbie questions but I am not learning anything but that some members are close minded reactionary jerks.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Moderator Emeritus

Every forum has them, nothing new. Ignore them like I do.

and Tim most of them wouldn't know how to empty a bucket of swill with out reading the directions written on the bottom of said bucket. There is a great bunch of very talented people on here willing to help and share with all they know. and then there's the rest. some one once said you can always tell an expert but you can't tell them much. ignore them! if they get to you they've done their job.
    "The good sense of the people will always be found to be the best army.They may be led astray for a moment,but will soon correct themselves" - Thomas Jefferson

I wasn't Born in the south but I got there as soon as I could.
    I like this site. MOSTLY good people. good ideas.

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!!
    "Either this man is dead or my watch has stopped." — Groucho Marx

"We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse"

Boolit Master
    I know they would enjoy getting call out and criticized. The stupid things they say and the endless need to correct them so that they don't put stupid ideas in other people heads.

Just the other day someone posted that lawyers deducted there pro bono work from their income for tax purposes. The stupidity that is displayed on this forum reminds me of the people who shoot up road signs. I want to go somewhere where stupid people don't go. If I get banned I can't come back even if I am tempted.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I want to go somewhere where stupid people don't go.
    Tim
    Good luck with that. People are people. Are they at fault or is it your inability to tolerate the foibles of others? Many here tolerate you. You could tolerate the many. There are always going to be some who carp: bitter hearts are easy to find if you concentrate on them.

Instead maybe concentrate on the majority who are decent, helpful people just usually trying to get along in life. And life is hard. Cut them and yourself some slack.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    Tim,
    I know sometimes I can rub people the wrong way without even meaning to, and I know that so far I am not in the TRUE experimenting stage. But this board and it's members, including you, have helped me immeasurably since I joined not that long ago. I had learned alot by lurking for a long time before I joined, but I have learned so much more (despite the jerks who sometimes rise up) since I have started asking questions. Someday maybe I will even be to that stage where I can post an experiment, or a new technique that inspires others. Even if I don't, I enjoy what I am doing, and what others are doing. Don't let the bad ones run you off. You are too good for that, and we have lost too many good folks already.

My 2 cents

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Cast Boolits Owner

Tim,

We don't ban members for speaking their mind but we do ban them for breaking the rules. Based on your past infractions it appears you seem to enjoy insulting members and if you do so again you will receive another infraction. If you are not happy here leave just as those before you have done. What is gained if you make a stink on your way out?
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Let him (and that is not you - or me) that is without sin cast the first stone. You seem plagued with things to crusade against.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Grand Master

Oh the joy, another one of these threads. In for the

Banned

you've got to have some gonads to make it on any site on the internet. One thing about opinions is when I voice mine I can be about assured that someone doesn't agree with them. Bottom line is you need to know this isn't a public owned forum. there is an owner and its his fourm and he makes the rules and if you want to post on it you have to follow those rules. Ive been here a long time.

I was here from about the start and most here will tell you that I speak my mind and sometimes do it bluntly. If speaking your mind or disagreeing with the owner or moderators got you banned id have been booted a long time ago. Basicaly you have your choise go by the rules or leave. I can guarantee you one thing though. theres still more bullet casting knowledge available here then anywhere else on the internet or anywhere else period. Just the fact that you think you have nothing else to learn when it comes to casting is a big red flag. Ive been casting longer then most here and have casted more then most and I never stop learning. Sure it comes slower now but ive found if I pay attention to even someone I disagree with some of what hes saying is probably correct and maybe once in a while I actually learn something from them.

If you think your learnings done try comparing your knowledge to someone like Glen Fryxell, Rob Applegate, or even veral smith. Youll find you come up lacking. If your idea of having fun is picking someone's posts apart or don't have the shoulders to be told by someone that they disagree with you or just like arguing then this isn't the place for you. yes this place has changed. For the first few years it consisted of a small group of knowledgeable casters that knew that there was other opinions then there own and all of us learned from being open to that idea. then we started getting beginners and for the most part they were good guys that were grateful for the help. then the winers and the know it all's showed up and the nice thing is this fourm comes with an ignore button so I cant see your problem. If someones bothering you or makes you angry or wastes time with this kind of **** push the button. I just did

Boolit Master
    Ive been casting for a good many years, but it wasn't until found this site, that I started to understand how to do it better. Everyone here has made it easier to do and I thank EVERYONE. Yes there are people that have rubbed me the wrong way on some of my posts and others posts, but one seem to forget that the sound(if one wants to call it that) of a written word or sentence is different than a spoken word or sentence and could very well be taken badly, so I just take everything in stride and try not to take it as an insult or personal attack. There is truly excellent knowledge here that I hate to see leave. I personally do not have the knowledge or time to experiment to add much. I do when I can though
    I'm the King of my castle---anytime my wife's not around
    Life NRA member

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

LIFE, LIBERTY, AND THE PURSIUT OF THOSE WHO TREATEN US

Boolit Grand Master

There is a back button on the top of my page. For me it is a mental discipline to use it. I learned a long time ago that I cannot change anyone but me. And I have my earned doctorate and 30+ years as a Clinical Psychologist! If I can't the rest of you guys don't have a chance!

An open mind is a wonderful thing and I love pouring into it. A closed mind is a mirror - I only end up seeing what I hate in myself.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Wayne the Shrink--well put, especially the last statement. I've been called out, insulted, condemned for misleading people and posting misinformation, not by Mods, but by members. I post what I have done and experienced, all I can say. I can't help others that just gotta stomp on members for their own gratification. Up-bringing, environment, genes? Can't say why they do what they do. I just keep plugging on, doing what I do. Yes, there are some irritating people in this world and on this forum--as with everything, it has changed in the short time I've been here. However, there is knowledge here and a world of good 1st class members. Want to learn something about reloading or casting? Want to find someone who is expanding the knowledge base? You will find it here. You just gotta accept that with the wheat, there will be some chaff, as well as some rocks. You just gotta learn to separate the good from the bad.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Say Goodnight Gracie

My temptation is to let some members know how I feel about them in terms that the forum considers offensive and let the chips fall where they may.
    ........but that some members are close minded reactionary jerks.

Tim
    Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. You described yourself perfectly.
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

Boolit Master
    I have been casting now for a measly 8 months. Everything i have learned i did so on this forum. Many folks have helped me on this journey and i thank them. Sure, some folks here can be a bit brash or pushy but on the whole, folks here are helpful and fair. Imay not like some of the posts i read but i have the choice whether or not to read any further. I ignore folks who get downright rude and so should everyone else. When you dont feed the strays, they tend to wander elsewheres. Ymmv

Boolit Master

Seems to me you like to stir the pot but don't deal well when some gets splashed on you. I learned a long time ago if you are going to dish it out you had better learn to take it. Some never learn.

. I want to go somewhere where stupid people don't go. If I get banned I can't come back even if I am tempted.

Tim
    Theres more than one member that started their own PRIVATE forum.
    Try reaching out to a few of your friends that don't post here anymore. Most of them didn't dissappear into thin air, they just moved on to places with better BS filters. Private forums let the creator carefully meter the amount of çrap allowed to enter.

Boolit Bub

Had a wise older friend give me some advice once in the form of a question after he over heard a conversation I was having with a guy at the feed store.

He asked me " If your arguing with an idiot, what's he doing?"

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by FISH4BUGS View Post
    Don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. You described yourself perfectly.
    Thru life's journey, we all encounter a few folks who's self opinion seems somewhat elevated above the opinions of those around them. My parents were prone to admonish me to say nothing, if I couldn't say something good. In an effort to say something good, I'll agree with FISH4BUGS.
    Faster Horses, Younger Women, Older Whiskey, More Money! Tom T. Hall.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by No_1 View Post
    Tim,

We don't ban members for speaking their mind but we do ban them for breaking the rules. Based on your past infractions it appears you seem to enjoy insulting members and if you do so again you will receive another infraction. If you are not happy here leave just as those before you have done. What is gained if you make a stink on your way out?
    Just as a bit of board trivia, fewer than 1% of board members have ever received even one infraction.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!