RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: artic air

artic air

Going to get cold! Stay warm!With a c.

Moderator Emeritus

Pellet stove is cranking out the heat on level 2 of 5, 77 in the living room, maybe 74 rest of the house. No plans to go anywhere tonight, roads are bad anyway

Banned
    Did anyone call Al Gore and ask when that global warming was going to kick in?

I got a kick out of the national news last night. They where using their typical excessive drama, hype and more excessive drama to peddle their nightly dose of fear. In the middle of the story they had a clip from someone in the upper Midwest that succinctly stated that they knew how to deal with the weather and were pressing on as usual. Schools were open, businesses were running and the people were functioning just fine. No big deal, really; ....but thank you very much for asking.
    I don't think this is the first time that it has been cold and snowy in the upper mid-west....in NOVEMBER ! If you listened to the propaganda distributors, you would think the world is coming to an end every day.

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by Petrol & Powder View Post
    I don't think this is the first time that it has been cold and snowy in the upper mid-west....in NOVEMBER ! If you listened to the propaganda distributors, you would think the world is coming to an end every day.
    They also don't consider a storm to be any big deal until it has moved as far East as (say) Detroit. From there on to the Atlantic the devastation potential just skyrockets.

They never have any words for the fact that 'this front', which will exterminate humankind between the Mississippi and the Potomac, came through Montana and North Dakota two days ago ... and nobody died.

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Love Life
    Snowmageddon?

Boolit Master
    Yes. We have an "Alberta Clipper" headed our way. When the last one was I don't remember but I DO remember having them periodically long before Al Bore became the king of warmagaedon
    "Investment" is the new "Throw money at it!"

Detectives, and Cobras, and Agents!
    Oh my!

Boolit Grand Master

Apparently Minnesota has broken the 1898 record for snow. Ya'll stay warm!

The Russians have a saying "There is no bad weather, just bad clothes."
    Having gone out for a walk in the evening in Russia for an hour or so after dinner
    when it was -25F, but I had "good clothes", I can understand the truth to that.

Where is that man-made global warming when you want it? 29F here now, but they
    claim we'll go above freezing. It was 70F yesterday afternoon.

Bill
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Boolit Master
    Just checked the temperature here. 1 degree (C) or 33 (F). Forecast is for clear and cold over the next few days, but nothing much, -4 to -13 (C). Actually not bad for 11 November.
    R.D.M.

Welcome to weather and imperfection of this mortal world.

Boolit Buddy
    We are starting to warm up here it is about 28 C or about 82 F nice clear day

Moderator Emeritus

Bring on WINTER

Quote Originally Posted by MtGun44 View Post
    Apparently Minnesota has broken the 1898 record for snow. Ya'll stay warm!
    ...snip
    Yeah, Glencoe only got about 3", the big snow missed Glencoe by about 50 miles

23º F here right now and light snow.
    right before dusk, I changed oil on the ATV (me, laying in the snow), removed and reinstalled the snow plow(laid in the snow somemore), something wasn't right with the cable lift? and pushed it next door to the car wash and flushed out some of the electrical stuff where some acidy gel remained after the blowup. it was nice and warm inthe carwash...i should have done all that work in there, no one was around anyway...maybe next time...OK, just rambling. I love this Minnesota weather
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Moderator Emeritus

Hardly any snow here west of Redwood Falls, roads were good today when I ran to town for the last of the non-fresh food for Thanksgiving. Stuff for pies, bread cubes for stuffing... only thing left to get is salad greens closer to then. Having a couple friends over, making a little 9 pound bird so not a ton of leftovers.

Boolit Master
    A whole 13 degrees in southern Colorado right now. Got the wood burning stove going, nice and cozy. Trying not to think about going to work tomorrow

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Love Life View Post
    Snowmageddon?
    They use this term and Snowpacslypse to often. I will say it's easier for say Montana to deal w/ a lot of snow due to population density. We have twice the population in three counties compared to the entire state of Montana. A lot of morons on the roads to screw everything up. Unfortunately most seem to forget how to drive in the snow every year. It's an exercise in frustration to get around before/during/after a snowstorm. Wasn't singling Montana out for any particular reason besides population. The closer I am to the Appalachians the more people know how to deal w/ the winter.

Moderator Emeritus

There were some bad accidents up in the Twin Cities from the snow. People refuse to slow down and as soon as they hit ice they are in a slide and in a panic.

Boolit Master
    Snowmagedon or Snowpocalyse aren't nearly as scary as "Polarbearnami". Thats when all the polar bears drift south on ice bergs then a sea quake sends them hurtling towards shore in a fifty foot high tangle of PO'ed apex predators.
    Coming soon to the Scy Fy channel.

Red China just got on board the clean air train. Not that they had much choice with people dropping like flies from smog in Bejing so thick you could shovel it into a dumpster.

When someone actually comes up with a viable alternative to fossil fuels that will be great, but unless we freeze in the dark all winter theres little that can be done to reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
    Instead of these brainiacs working on viable alternative power sources they expect that simply demanding that someone else come up with the answer is somehow going to get the job done.

Moderator Emeritus

China's air pollution is a combination of dirty coal power plants with no scrubbers and the use of wood/charcoal/coal to cook over. Updating their plants would make a huge difference. I am not against clean air but it has to be tempered by the needs for affordable power.

Banned
    China didn't agree to anything. Read the what they actually agreed to; they set a possible peak output in the future. Our fearless leader apparently isn't done with his efforts to cripple our economy and decided that it would be a good idea for the U.S. to unilaterally destroy our industry,.... in the hopes that we would serve as a shinning example for China and the rest of the world.

I'm all in favor of reducing pollution and we should be good stewards of the earth, it's the only one we got - BUT it's incredibly naïve to believe other countries will voluntarily elect to harm themselves because they want to be like us. Nations don't act that way in the real world. These are not some hippies siting in a drum circle deciding the course of action for the commune, these are world powers trying to act in their own country's best interest. My dog knows more about foreign affairs than Obama. Of course my dog has more leadership experience as well.

Boolit Master
    It was 17 this morning on our little piece of the Olympic Peninsula so I don't have to mow the lawn again until April. Wooo Hooo!

Boolit Mold
    It was -25f this morning here going to elk hunting this weekend...should be interesting.