Inline FabricationWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading EverythingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Lee Precision Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lee Bashing.....NOT

Boolit Master

Lee Bashing.....NOT

Fired up my new Lee mold today and it WORKED JUST FINE like the other dozen or so did. I can't believe it! I followed the enclosed directions, cleaned the mold, lubricated the hinge and pins, smoked the cavities and what the heck, it worked as advertised! Fancy that.

Let's see.....read directions, follow directions, lead at correct temperature, preheat mold, and BAZINGA....PERFECT BULLETS. In fact, the first two bullets to fall from the mold were perfect.

Attachment 120798

I do not own a 6 cavity Lee but I am more than happy with my 20 plus 2 cavity molds . Marvin

Moderator Emeritus

Beautiful boolits! Kudos to you! A getting-old codger, my stable of cast-iron moulds seem to get heavier with each and every casting session. You've encouraged me to perhaps invest in a Lee...
    BEST!
    georgerkahn

Boolit Master
    That boolit looks like the .452-230tc? I bought a 6 cav recently and these slugs are killer! Super accurate boolits . Luv em

Boolit Master

Them be some fine boolits!
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Boolit Master

The newer Lee 2 cavity molds are great, especially the price. The older style (I have several) I am replacing with steel or new Lee molds. I hate having to check them for proper closure every time I close them. Lee has many great products out there, I own several. When price is a consideration, Lee can be a viable option.

Boolit Master
    good lookin bullets! But obviously since it worked you did SOMETHING wrong! Oh wait Lee molds work fine for me too!

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Grand Master

Whether we like it or not, at the end of the day most of us know that Richard Lee knows more about casting and loading than 95 percent of us. Some folks make better stuff but Lee consistently makes quality equipment that gets the job done. Show me a loading bench without at least one Lee tool and I'll show you someone who doesn't understand reloading.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Banned

99.99999%

++1 for Lee equipment , they do us a good service and help a lot of new casters or people on a budget to be able to enjoy our insanity
    Slow Elk 45/70

Praise the Lord & Pass the Ammo

Boolit Master
    With out LEE I could not afford to reload or shoot!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by twc1964 View Post
    That boolit looks like the .452-230tc? I bought a 6 cav recently and these slugs are killer! Super accurate boolits . Luv em
    They are the 401-175-TC bullets. They cast at 181.9 grains in #2 alloy.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by monge View Post
    With out LEE I could not afford to reload or shoot!
    No doubt. I own a lot of Lee equipment. Works fine for me.

Boolit Buddy

I just got a new Lee mold. Followed the instructions and it worked fine, just like the others I've bought in the past.
    INFIDEL

Boolit Master
    I have around a dozen Lee molds (no six cavities), a turret press, two of their hand priming systems, several sets of dies, a universal primer. their flair tool, and a number of case trimming sets. Are there better tools available? Yes. But, Lee makes very workable tools are very reasonable prices. Good value for the money in my opinion.
    If you don't read the newspaper, you are uninformed. If you do, you are misinformed.
    - Mark Twain

When a man loves cats, I am his friend and comrade without further introduction.
    - Mark Twain

Boolit Master
    I will say I am using a good number fewer Lee molds nowadays, but I think their aluminum molds "break in" and start casting keepers faster than anyone elses. Probably because they're so fast to heat up, but still, I always thought it was nice they went from cold to working.

I have 6 lee molds and the only one that didnt work properly was due to a ID10T error. Not Lee's fault.

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I have a couple six cavity moulds and they're ok for the job I ask of them and the price was right . Not likely I'll turn in a couple of old Lyman and Ideal four cavity moulds though Once up to temp the old four cavity twenty-two mould makes a bunch in a hurry . Other LEE stuff I have too , not a lot but I think TXGunNut has the right take on LEE stuff .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Boolit Master

Richard Lee`s tools have put more & more shooters loading & casting than we`ll ever know !!!

I`m in the fall season of my life & while my hands (wrench turnin life)won`t let me shoot as much as I`d like I still enjoy casting & reloading as much as ever.

The newer style molds (of all makes)made from aluminum makes casting a much more enjoyable aspect of shooting.

I was very thankful to see Lee step up the quality on the 2 cavity alignment system to the present set up , I now consider the 2 holers a lot when purchasing now.

GP100man
    GP100man

Banned

That is why Lee Precision is #1 reloading company.