Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingWidenersLoad Data
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackboxInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: for when your enemy is amped up on crank

Banned
    One in the head and you have no more target...... for a second shot................

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by fastfire View Post
    One in the head and you have no more target...... for a second shot................
    With a 308 you are certainly right. With a 9mm, there will be plenty of skull left to hit again. In all honesty, in LE we were taught to shoot until the threat has stopped. That may be one shot, it may be 10. Handguns are notorious for not stopping assailants. See the Ferguson incident for example.

Looks pretty awesome but, then again I've never been much on AR type rifles. Sorry.........
    Mrs. Hogwallop up and R-U-N-N-O-F-T.

I'll stick with my Marlin .45-70
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    You guys have never seen what a 45 Raptor will do out of an AR-10.................

Well? Show us. Pics, or it didn't happen.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Artful View Post
    I'll stick with my Marlin .45-70

Agreed. With the Nemo you have to wait for the boolit to leave the muzzle, gas pressure to bleed off and operate the piston and bolt to load the next round. With our Guide Guns if for some reason the first round doesn't work we can work that lever as fast as we want to.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Moderator Emeritus

Now a 338 lapua version....

Boolit Master
    $1995, right...?

My Ten Bore Double Rifle will be enough for anything I need to do.

375 Ruger would be a good choice, I don't think it has a belted case like the .458. I bet the Belt is whats causes the feeding issues more than the bullet shape.

Banned

anyone that hasnt seen a lever gun jam or a part break hasnt used leverguns enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    Agreed. With the Nemo you have to wait for the boolit to leave the muzzle, gas pressure to bleed off and operate the piston and bolt to load the next round. With our Guide Guns if for some reason the first round doesn't work we can work that lever as fast as we want to.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TXGunNut View Post
    I'd love to see someone cycle a guide gun as fast as a semi auto.

There is theory, and then there is reality.

Banned
    I would like a 375/338 or 416 Taylor.

Has anyone seen what these are going for $?

Had a Belgium BAR in 338 & it shot very well. Actually shot my first brownie with it back in he 70s. I'm not a big 338 fan that's why its gone.

Boolit Master
    I've been shopping a Ruger GunSite Scout rifle to go with my StG-58...and now it seems that I'll need to save up for a NEMO to go with my CZ 550 Safari. I wonder if you could shoot paper patched out of it? That is just too much fun!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    anyone that hasnt seen a lever gun jam or a part break hasnt used leverguns enough.
    I've seen it, in my case it was operator error.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by paul h View Post
    I'd love to see someone cycle a guide gun as fast as a semi auto.

There is theory, and then there is reality.
    And then there's humor, that's an adaptation of an old sniper joke. All kidding aside the Guide Gun (or any levergun) is generally plenty fast for me. What I like about gas guns is being able to maintain a sight picture for a quick second or third shot for a group of feral pigs or other varmints that like to travel in packs.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    When your enemy is amped up on crank....I recommend 2 in the chest and one in the head!
    Or when you want to make your bear hunt more interesting by putting crank in the bait pile.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho Sharpshooter View Post
    $1995, right...?

My Ten Bore Double Rifle will be enough for anything I need to do.
    You are talking 10ga. aka 10 bore? If so I hope you have your AFT forms filled out for that RIFLED 10ga. anything larger than 12ga.(rifled barrel) is classified as a distructive device. Unless the rules have changed since the late 1990's.

As for the 458AR would be a great deer rifle, I agree with others that it would have to be 100% reliable before I put my life on the line using it on DG of Africa.
    "Life isn't like a box of chocolates...It's more like
    a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn
    your ass tomorrow."

Boolit Master
    I would just use my Ithaca "road blocker" self shuck'n 10 ga.

Quote Originally Posted by warf73 View Post
    You are talking 10ga. aka 10 bore? If so I hope you have your AFT forms filled out for that RIFLED 10ga. anything larger than 12ga.(rifled barrel) is classified as a distructive device. Unless the rules have changed since the late 1990's.
    The definition of a "destructive device" is found in 26 U.S.C. § 5845(f). The definition reads as follows:
    (1) any explosive, incendiary, or poison gas, (A) bomb, (B) grenade, (C) rocket having a propellant charge of more than 4 ounces, (D) missile having an explosive charge of more than 1/4 ounce, (E) mine or (F) similar device. (2) Any weapon by whatever name known which will, or which may be readily converted to, expel a projectile by the action of an explosive or other propellant, the barrel or barrels of which have a bore of more than one-half inch in diameter (.50 inches or 12.7mm), except a shotgun or shotgun shell which the Secretary finds is generally recognized as particularly suitable for sporting purposes; and
    (3) Any combination of parts either designed or intended for use in converting any device into a destructive device as defined in subparagraphs (1) and (2) and from which a destructive device may be readily assembled.

The definition is by sporting purposes not by gauge, bore or caliber. Any size is legal if; you either A) get a specific sporting exemption from the batfe or B) the cartridge has a historical recognition/exemption as a sporting cartridge.

I should know I spent enough money with my lawyer to make sure I could legally build 2 Bores:
    http://www.stolzergunsmithing.com/2b...esfinished.htm

2 Bore stops pretty much any living thing, whether it's on crank or not.
    The Bill of Rights - Void were prohibited by law.
    Soap Box, Ballot Box, Jury Box, Ammo Box. Which one of these is still working properly?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyR...83SK1hk2GT-Jqg