RepackboxLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyWideners
Load Data Reloading Everything
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Setting up a poll: how to? for separate AR Form....

Setting up a poll: how to? for separate AR Form....

I know I am just a newbie at this site, but seems like a lot of people want to cast and shoot for the AR in all different calibers. It would be nice to have it's own forum and get it out of the CB Loads/ Military Rifles.
    Any Thoughts?

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by excess650 View Post
    I shoot 5.56 and 300BO in ARs, both with cast, and see no reason to have a separate forum.
    I shoot the same in AR but I also load 15 other cals so I have to look all over any how.

Setting up a poll: how to? for separate AR Forum....

Setting up a poll: how to? for separate AR Forum....

I know I am just a newbie at this site, but seems like a lot of people want to cast and shoot for the AR in all different calibers. It would be nice to have it's own forum and get it out of the CB Loads/ Military Rifles.
    Any Thoughts?

I'm on the fence for this one. A semi-auto sub-forum might make sense but then it's all military and cast boolits. There does seem to be a division between modern military rifles and yesterdays rifles but even so, I'm not sure. It would be interesting to see what other members feel.

The black powder paper patcher's wanted their own sub-forum and got one. They're happy but I do actually miss them but then nothing stops me from visiting their section.

I do find the Black Out threads interesting and those are mainly (if not exclusively) AR's. Garands and M1 carbines are of interest to me too. So I guess I would prefer the singe sub-forum as we have it.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I think they are right where they belong.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

On Heaven's Range

I have an AR15.

I have an M1A.

I have an FAL.

I have a Garand, and an M1 Carbine.

I have Krags, and Lee Enfields, and Springfields.

WE have a forum devoted to cast bullets in military rifles..... ALL military rifles, all of which interest me.

I like it this way. Splintering -off specific rifle types into separate forums will serve no good purpose. All we have to do is read the thread titles, and skim over subjects which don't hold any personal interest.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Boolit Master

What BruceB said...........I don't have an FAL though! I do have an Egyptian Hakim in 8MM though!

Boolit Master

To be honest, I always wondered why there wasn't already an AR based forum here.

While I have a Colt HBAR AR15, it's strictly a jacketed bullet shooter for National Match competition and plinking at longer ranges, often at prairie dogs. Blasphemy I guess, but I just skip over the "black rifle" threads as I have never developed an interest in shooting cast boolits in my AR.
    Keep your powder dry,

Scharf

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    I like seeing the AR work in the military forum and the CB loads/military forum I check both of those daily and it never seems to be to full that I miss the AR stuff . If I do a search for AR there are about a gadzillion posts to look at . I think it seems to be working well as it is .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

An AR is a Civilian Model Military rifle. If you wanted a splinter forum, a better suggestion might be CB/Military Manual Guns and CB/Military Self Loading Guns
    GRANDPARENTS AGAINST RETINOBLASTOMA, BECAUSE NO CHILD SHOULD HAVE CANCER

O.K. I did not mean to step on anybody's toes. A better choice words would have/should have been, modern sporting rifle or maybe CB/semi-automatic sporting rifles and semi-automatic firearms to include the AR15 variants. Yes, I am well aware that the AR 15 platform is the civilian version of the M16/M4 Military Rifle/carbine. The whole point of my thoughts; there are two Military forums and no semi-automatic section for any type of firearm and no specific CB/semi-auto section. I also have an interest Military Rifles, Cowboy Action shooting, Metallic Black Powder Cartridge reloading, General Boolit Casting, Different Alloys and Metallurgy, Studying different Mould designs, Reading and Learning about Calibers, Rifles and Handguns that I Do Not Own or Will Never Own. Mostly because Life is to Short and not enough Wealth to fuel my obsession. I enjoy learning all that I can. Sorry for the rant. I love all of you guys for helping me on my quest for knowledge. Thanks....

Boolit Grand Master

Of course, one of the Old Wives Tales is that you can't shoot boolits in an auto rifle. Having an Auto Rifle/Gas Gun subforum just might be interesting. There are some very specific issues to these and having that information gathered together may make it worth while. This coming from a guy who shoots none of these rifles!
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I'm on the side of developing a subforum for ARs and other Semiautomatic Modern Sporting Rifles in the Commercial Rifle section of the Forum. I own several ARs in the following calibers 223 Rem/5.56; 7.62x39, 300 BLK and 6.5 Grendel and I shoot cast in ALL of them.

I will probably add two or three more calibers for the AR15 before I probably move up to an AR10 chassis for the 308 family of cartridges...Not to mention that last year I built a 7x57 Garand...and there is a manufacturer in Montana currently building an AR for 30-06 length cartridges...

I'll even step forward to help moderate the forum and provide guidance for others on shooting cast in these rifles.

Bruce
    Last edited by bruce drake; 10-22-2014 at 01:49 PM.
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club

Boolit Grand Master

I believe most of the info needed will be covered in the CB Loads/Military Rifles sub forum. Go here...http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/ar-15-talk/
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Grand Master

I'm usually one of the first to say we don't need any more forums. But there is no correct forum for modern semiautomatic rifles. There are some that get mad when you post about them in the Military Rifle forum. We don't need an AR specific forum. There is a whole site dedicated to them.

Boolit Master
    How about a sticky concerning cast in this section? That would help possibly.

Choose the best article thus far and let it go!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    I'm usually one of the first to say we don't need any more forums. But there is no correct forum for modern semiautomatic rifles. There are some that get mad when you post about them in the Military Rifle forum. We don't need an AR specific forum. There is a whole site dedicated to them.
    So you feel we should run AR users off to other forums? I'm fairly certain those other forums do their best to discourage cast loads in AR's. I agree we should have a sub forum for auto loading rifles, maybe not AR specific but certainly the differences between auto loaders and non auto loaders should be reason enough to warrant its own sub forum.

Single shots have their own...

mdi,
    I went over to the perfect union. It's just another AR site just like all the rest. I saw nothing about casting or shooting lead. Thanks though.

Bruce Drake,
    at least I have one person on my side. This is the first and only site I have joined. I want to know about casting lead boolits and shooting for modern sporting rifles, which includes the AR and other factory semi-autos. If I did not. I could just simply buy j-words or buy lead bullets from some commercial outfit. Reload them and go shoot. Unfortunately, I have been bitten by the Mould and lead bug.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moonie View Post
    So you feel we should run AR users off to other forums?
    Did I say that? Then don't read into it any more than what was written. I said we don't need an AR specific forum. If all you want to discuss is ARs there are other sites for that. If you want to discuss all semiauto rifles then I'm all ears.

Boolit Master

Folks,

I've put a poll up under the Factory Rifles thread group to see how many people are interested in developing a subforum there for information on shooting ARs as well as all other Modern Sporting Rifles with cast boolits. Make your vote known as I made the poll active for 30 days. Simple yea/nay vote and our Moderators can then determine based off the comments/interest in the thread as well as the actual yes/no voting.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...ry-Rifle-forum

I stand by my willingness to moderate the subforum as I am a dedicated cast rifle shooter and I enjoy passing my knowledge along to others. Visit the link and make your vote known.

Bruce
    I Cast my Boolits, Therefore I am Happy.
    Bona Fide member of the Jeff Brown Hunt Club